Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donnie Butter Fingers

krunk

What was so hard about it? He was very much able to get his 2 hands on it. I thought he was on the inconsistent side even last week. He just happened to catch the final pass. Some good and some bad.

Unfortunately, he never did get 2 hands on it, and, as other mentioned, it did hit right square in his grill (facemask). Luck rolled right and threw on the run, lobbed it up there just a bit. Maybe it did get in the lights some, because Avery (also on a sprint acroos the end zone) actually over runs it just a smidge. Unfortunately, at the height it was, overrunning it hit him smack dab in the face. TV network didn't do this in hEYEper zoom HD slo-mo, but I snapped these off TV. Running it at normal or slo-mo speed shows he misjudged it and it ricocheted off his facemask straight forward before he could get his right hand anywhere near it. He defensed himself with his pie hole protector and not buttery hands. ;)

Avery_FaceMasked1.jpg

Avery_FaceMasked2.jpg

I wish they would have slo-mo replayed this, but is was obvious in playback. Bounced of his mask like a cue ball bouncing off another pool ball. Doink. Gone before he could readjust.

Unfortunately, he never did get 2 hands on it, and, as other mentioned, it did hit right square in his grill (facemask). Luck rolled right and threw on the run, lobbed it up there just a bit. Maybe it did get in the lights some, because Avery (also on a sprint acroos the end zone) actually over runs it just a smidge. Unfortunately, at the height it was, overrunning it hit him smack dab in the face. TV network didn't do this in hEYEper zoom HD slo-mo, but I snapped these off TV. Running it at normal or slo-mo speed shows he misjudged it and it ricocheted off his facemask straight forward before he could get his right hand anywhere near it. He defensed himself with his pie hole protector and not buttery hands. ;)

http://i1190.photobu...FaceMasked1.jpg

http://i1190.photobu...FaceMasked2.jpg

wish they would have slo-mo this, but is was obvious in playback. Bounced of his mask like a cue ball bouncing off another pool ball. Doink.

Those pictures remind me of the Bigfoot picture. :D . Not trying to be mean, you did a good job, just made me laugh. :thmup:

Whether it hit him in the hands or facemask, he should have caught the ball. He is a NFL receiver, he was open in the endzone, and Luck put the ball almost right on the numbers. That play could have been huge had Vinatieri missed the field goal or had the Titans scored a TD on their next drive. He must make that catch. Luckily we got the "W," but even if the guy was a hero last week, that drop could have been very costly yesterday.

That said, I too really like Donnie Avery and overall he has been a big asset this season. And to the person who called him a streaky version of Garcon, Garcon was pretty identical to Avery when Garcon played here. He would make a circus catch then drop an easy 5 yard dump off. Will never forget the easy pass Garcon dropped in the Superbowl a few years ago that could have given us a TD or at least put us in FG range.....ugh. Garcon is playing at a much higher level now with the Redskins than he ever did when he was here.

Pretty much agree, he overran it causing his facemask issue. He should have caught it and not even overran it. OTOH, Luck kind of lobbed that one up there and maybe it got up in the lights. Avery might have misjudged his speed because he lost it for a moment. I've seen professional baseball players with ballcaps (and a bill) and high dollar polarizing sunglasses lose a fly ball in the sun, then miss the catch. Stuff happens sometimes.

Those pictures remind me of the Bigfoot picture. :D . Not trying to be mean, you did a good job, just made me laugh. :thmup:

TV cameras! I have DirecTV HD, (1080) and 47" LCD screen (1080 resolution) They didn't hEYEper Zoom it like the Luck pick-6/sack. That was the best the HD-DVR would do in still frame playback. I think DirecTV is 1080i, as is my HD-DVR. So it adds two half frames causing that Bigfoot effect. ;)

TV cameras! I have DirecTV HD, (1080) and 47" LCD screen (1080 resolution) They didn't hEYEper Zoom it like the Luck pick-6/sack. That was the best the HD-DVR would do in still frame playback. I think DirecTV is 1080i, as is my HD-DVR. So it adds two half frames causing that Bigfoot effect. ;)

Yeah I have a 1080p tv, and my DirecTV signal is 1080i. Annoying, but just a minor complaint.

What is up with this dude and these dropped passes? He especially seems to like to drop them against Tennessee. He dropped a touchdown right at the goaline the last time we played them, and then today he drops one right in the endzone. That wasn't even the only drop on the day. Dude has to fix this stuff and be more consistent. Don't get me wrong, I thank him for what he did last week but I had to speak on this.

IMO the ball was thrown slightly early so Avery had to catch up to the ball and catch it, thats difficult. What I've noticed is he has sometimes has a hard time hanging on to a catch if he's hit shortly after his hands touch the ball. IMO he just needs to build up his upper body alittle.