Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive potential with Collie

rabidfan77

If Collie was playing I think this offense would've been more explosive if you compare our offense to NE, which is what I think Grigson had in mind, Collie would be our welker, wayne-brandon, gonk-fleener, hernandez-allen with the colts being able to use avery/hilton as deep threat options keeping defense's honest. When I think about collie's rookie season it seemed like peyton was looking for reggie or austin to move the chains every game. I think the colts are going to use FA to fix the o-line and draft picks on the d-line. What are your opinions on Collie and lets avoid the injury references we all know he struggles to stay on the field and is getting cut after the season, just a discussion on how his talent could help the offense.

You know that play yesterday where TY Hilton over ran the open zone? That's a play where Collie reads the defense and sits, and it's a big gainer. Or the drop Hilton had? That's a grab. I like TY, not picking on him. But those rookie mistakes affect the offense negatively, and Collie has the polish to make good veteran plays. So does Avery; he did it in this past game, and the one earlier this year where he went over 100 yards. But Collie showed in preseason that he had a chemistry with Luck, and I think it sucks that Collie is out again. I doubt that he'll be a Colt after this season, and that sucks, too.

I have to agree, i believe that when Collie is healthy; he is a game changer. Very consistent player, runs great routes has excellent hands and decent speed. I really would have loved to see what the offense looked like with he and Reggie starting opposite of each other. If you ask me that would have been a mean WR duo.

I like what I saw out of Whalen, I think going forward he will be our Austin Collie at this point, we have to find ways to get Avery the ball more as well. Avery looks to have all the potential in the world, he has shown good hands this season and good route running and of course we all know about his speed but at the same time going forward I do think we will need a tall receiver that can go up and get the ball to pair with him

He offers the consistency that you just don't see with these new guys.

You never know if TY is going to drop one or catch, and I've been saying that since TC.

Donnie Avery is so darn lazy with his routes. It seems like he only runs sharp routes when the ball is going his way or he's the 1st or 2nd read.

Austin would be a big help for this offense.

If Collie was playing I think this offense would've been more explosive if you compare our offense to NE, which is what I think Grigson had in mind, Collie would be our welker, wayne-brandon, gonk-fleener, hernandez-allen with the colts being able to use avery/hilton as deep threat options keeping defense's honest. When I think about collie's rookie season it seemed like peyton was looking for reggie or austin to move the chains every game. I think the colts are going to use FA to fix the o-line and draft picks on the d-line. What are your opinions on Collie and lets avoid the injury references we all know he struggles to stay on the field and is getting cut after the season, just a discussion on how his talent could help the offense.

Gronk would be Allen & Fleener would be Hernadez wouldn't it?

Body size & Roles, I think it should be Flipped imo

I've already Mentally Prepared myself for when we Release Collie this Off-Season (Most likely will)

I'll never forget everything he did for us & his Bright moments. And my 1st time seeing him catch a pass & asking myself "Who's the NEW Kid?"

But we just gotta move on from him. Hopefully Mr. Whalen can step up & be the new Collie

I've already Mentally Prepared myself for when we Release Collie this Off-Season (Most likely will)

I'll never forget everything he did for us & his Bright moments. And my 1st time seeing him catch a pass & asking myself "Who's the NEW Kid?"

But we just gotta move on from him. Hopefully Mr. Whalen can step up & be the new Collie

He's a free agent after this season, so no release necessary. But I doubt we re-sign him. And it won't be about money.

Collie has so much potential, it's unfortunate what the injuries have done to him. He is arguably the most underrated WR in the league. I think he should come back for one more go next year and if he gets injured again, it might be time to hang up the cleats. Of course, that is totally up to him and what he thinks is best for him and his family. I would just love to see him stay with the Colts

I like what I saw out of Whalen, I think going forward he will be our Austin Collie at this point, we have to find ways to get Avery the ball more as well. Avery looks to have all the potential in the world, he has shown good hands this season and good route running and of course we all know about his speed but at the same time going forward I do think we will need a tall receiver that can go up and get the ball to pair with him

Yeah tall wr but collie is done as a colt

Anybody know when Whalen is getting back... he couldve been a gem for the colts

He went on IR in preseason, so he's done for this year. We could have used him this year, there is always a spot for guys who just get open and can consistently catch the football even if they don't have top end speed. Looking forward to Whalen next year.

You know that play yesterday where TY Hilton over ran the open zone? That's a play where Collie reads the defense and sits, and it's a big gainer. Or the drop Hilton had? That's a grab. I like TY, not picking on him. But those rookie mistakes affect the offense negatively, and Collie has the polish to make good veteran plays. So does Avery; he did it in this past game, and the one earlier this year where he went over 100 yards. But Collie showed in preseason that he had a chemistry with Luck, and I think it sucks that Collie is out again. I doubt that he'll be a Colt after this season, and that sucks, too.

I think it depends on his contract. If no one else really shows interest in him because of his injury history it wouldn't shock me at all to see the Colts bring him back on a one year deal for very little money for the reasons you just said. I think they like Collie a lot they are just rightfully so concerned about his ability to stay healthy.

Why do people always compare players to others? I would rather Wayne be himself along with Fleener, etc... I hope that Collie doesn't ever develop a bad case of the dropsies like Welker seems to have a times. Namely in the Super Bowl.

I miss Collie.. Stinks he's done as a Colt.

I agree.

We'd need Collie, along with Wayne he could be a dangerous weapon of Luck.

But my vit says, probably he won't play ever...3 concussions in 15 month, and a knee injury after... way too much. I fear he won't be back, however I really hope somehow he still makes it and will be back with us for next season.

Of course we would be a better team with a 100% healthy Collie, but thats not possible. :( I just wish Hilton would start catching the darn ball! If he continues to drop passes they need to find a replacement!

Im pretty sure you weren't saying that about Wayne his first 2 years here. He was no where near as reliable as is now at catching the ball.

Nobody is patient anymore. Everyone wants instant gratification. Gee, the offense isn't putting up 40 pts per game and the defense isn't pitching shutouts. Something is wrong. Luck was a mistake, Adrian's was a mistake, blah blah.

Seriously we need to show patient. I am excited for this year. But more so I am excited for years 2 and 3 with this team. That is when I believe things will really come together, once al these rookies have a years or two under their belts.

Buiding a great team isn't all about the right players. Its about that but beyond that it's the length of time it takes to the build that. It takes team chemistry and currently this team does not have that elite chemistry you see with the top teams year by year. That sort of chemistry can only come with time....

I hate to say this, but this coversation is moot. Collie isn't coming back, so we might as well get used to that idea. :( I love the guy, and he seemed to have great chemistry with Luck right off the bat. Just like when Peyton left, it's time to move on.

Total shame! Great routes....great role model. Amazing how a career so promising can come and go. Such is life in the N(Not) F(For) L(Long) :(

That said, I hope to get a glimpse of what Nathan Palmer is about. He looked good in the 49ers pre-season. I think he is 0-1 in catches with us. :) I have not noticed him on special teams.

As info, Kris Adams is still on the Practice Squad.....unless the roster has not been updated.....

I think it depends on his contract. If no one else really shows interest in him because of his injury history it wouldn't shock me at all to see the Colts bring him back on a one year deal for very little money for the reasons you just said. I think they like Collie a lot they are just rightfully so concerned about his ability to stay healthy.

Never say never, but I think the front office and staff will have moved on. If he gets a one year deal, it should be with the Broncos.

Sad he might go after this season. I was still a little new to the NFL back in 09 when he was a rookie. I remember watching him and thinking "man this guy is good". Later I found out he was a rookie, which was even more impressive. But with the young WRs we have, the coaching staff probably will let him walk. Is Whalen still with the team? I remember in the pre-season he was getting open easily and catching everything like his hands were magnets. Reminded me of Collie..

If he gets a deal anywhere (even here) he needs to be utilizied on the outside and not in the slot. If he goes back to slot receiver, it's gonna happen again. <- you know what I mean.

When he went down in that darned slot.....and I thought it was his head again.....I was literally sick. Believe me I do not want him with anyone but the Colts....

It is a shame I felt relieved it was a knee instead of a head injury....we love 17!!! :pass: :td::colts: :colts:

I see Adams as having potential but then he does something like he did earlier this season (I forget what game, maybe the Vikes) giving up on a route and that frustrates the heck out of me

our goal is to build a superbowl winning team. Neither Adams nor Avery (IMO) have WR #2 abilities. Having potential is a funny thing that people seem to toss out there way to often. (insert WR name here) has the potential to be good if he was better at route running, catching the ball, and reading the defense. isn't that every WR? we need a future #1 WR in our WR2 spot (reggie won't be around forever) to start building chemistry with Luck now. I expect us to grab the AJ Green or Julio Jones of next year's draft in the 1st round.

I agree completely he could help this offense but let's not act like Collie being cut is set in stone.

He won't be cut. His contract is up after this year. If not for that, I'm certain he'd at least be back in camp with us, and so long as he could stay healthy, he'd make the final roster. But he's not under contract, and it's doubtful that our front office will take any steps to retain him.

He won't be cut. His contract is up after this year. If not for that, I'm certain he'd at least be back in camp with us, and so long as he could stay healthy, he'd make the final roster. But he's not under contract, and it's doubtful that our front office will take any steps to retain him.

I agree.. the only way I see Collie back is for league min. And there is no way Indy will give him any guaranteed dough.

It would be cool if he did take the long route back and give us a few years....

wishful thinking tho....