Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Delone Carter

TheJACKCOLT

I hope Carter gets a chance to show what he can do this week. The Colts were really high on Carter last year before he started the fumble problems. He has really been in the doghouse a long time now. The man is a human bowling and our second fastest back. Brown has been solid in my opinion, with him being out 2 or 3 weeks this is a great opportunity for Ballard and Carter to show what they can do. I think most fans expect good things out of Ballard (as do I) but Carter is the one that I'am most exited to see. I think he will really suprise people, if given a chance. I look for a big game out of Carter, as he runs his way out of the doghouse.

I liked Carter last year. I thought he was a bright spot sans the fumbles. I wish Jim Caldwell would have let him work his way through the fumbles instead of pulling him outright. It wasn't like it was going to make a big difference.

The problem now of course is Carter was not a Grigson pick so it's unlikely Carter is in the long term plans.

Carter broke some long runs last year that were pretty impressive. I would love to see him or Vick do that on Sunday.

Not according to Ballards 40 time (maybe he is game speed but not sure)

Ballards 40 time-4.65 or 20 yd shuttle

http://www.nfl.com/c...lard?id=2533012

Carters 40 time-4.56

http://www.nfl.com/c...rter?id=2495269

Game speed and combine speed are two very different things. Carter looks slow but strong in games. Ballard is quicker and almost just as strong.

Game speed and combine speed are two very different things. Carter looks slow but strong in games. Ballard is quicker and almost just as strong.

HIT teh HOLE.... Hard!

Donald is NOT a hit the hole hard back. I WANT to see Ballard and or Carter out there.

I hope either Carter or Ballard will hit the hole hard and deserves nickname "RPG"...

Wow... this game is Huge for a young Indy team...

Ballard is up. I expect him to "get er done" ...

Hit hte HOLE>............................ and GO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am very excited to see Carter get his chance in this game. Hopefully they use him and not Moore. I think if we use Ballard and Carter as a 1-2 punch we could wear down the Jets D and open up the play action game. Hit em hard and hit em often!

I liked Carter minus the fumbles last year. I am amazed we have not at least seen a 'glimpse' of him this year.....

That said I feel if Mewelde Moore is available, all 3 should see action. Moore is good on 3rd down....better hands in the short passing game. I know he had two holds pass blocking 2 weeks ago, but one saved Luck's chin. :) I am with you though....I want to see a dose of Ballard and Carter! :thmup:

Doesn't matter how fast you can run if you leave the ball on the ground.

QFT.

Carter can look great all he wants, but when he coughs the ball up consistently you just cannot rely on the guy. I think he needs to get a shot with DB hurt, but to me it needs to be on a short leash because we just cannot afford the turnovers.

Yeah from what I've seen he looks real shifty... 40 times are whackkkkkkk... I hate how they salivate over them at the combine

No they aren't its all about the 40time.... its like a racing cars acceleration... could make all the difference in the world.

I love both Ballard and Carter i would like to see both backs get carries in the next 2-3 weeks but i trust the coaches judgment obviously they see something in Ballard which made them start him over Carter

I'm guessing that even though they haven't listed Carter on the injury report since week one that they're still concerned about him. He hasn't had a carry all year, right?

I won't be surprised if it's all Ballard and Moore Sunday.

Doesn't matter how fast you can run if you leave the ball on the ground.

Exactly right...

Old Jim C. didnt want to play Donald Brown at the start of last season for some reason.....remember

But when Carter kept dropping the ball...and Brown didnt..he had to go back to him...

This is Carter's big three game second chance and there may not be a third one

I'm guessing that even though they haven't listed Carter on the injury report since week one that they're still concerned about him. He hasn't had a carry all year, right?

I believe Arians said Carter will get some carries.

Good point..it would make sense to play a veteran player you have familairity with on the road

Exactly right...

Old Jim C. didnt want to play Donald Brown at the start of last season for some reason.....remember

But when Carter kept dropping the ball...and Brown didnt..he had to go back to him...

This is Carter's big three game second chance and there may not be a third one

why didnt they want to start Brown last season?

Arians also is looking to see the first significant action of the season from Carter, a second-year power back.

“I’m anxious to see Delone Carter. He’s been hurt and kind of lost his spot because of injury. He’s a guy that can hit it between the tackles for us and did a great job training camp in short- yardage and goal-line, so I’m anxious to see him carry the ball.” - Arians on Carter on Colts.com

Not sure last time i heard he had that nagging thumb injury, not sure if that is still the case. May very well be.

No they aren't its all about the 40time.... its like a racing cars acceleration... could make all the difference in the world.

No it's not all about 40 time here's an example , it like having two cars one goes up to 125mph an the other goes up to 90mph the speed limit is set at 65mph it don't matter if you can go 125mph if u can't go over 65mph

HIT teh HOLE.... Hard!

Donald is NOT a hit the hole hard back. I WANT to see Ballard and or Carter out there.

What hole? BTW, Ballard is averaging half what Brown is getting. Sure, Brown is no Rice, but he's a big play threat. I haven't seen that from any of our other backs.

our running game will be ugly vs. jets. one of the reasons why we lose this game. i predict a 17 point loss to the Jets. I saw them absolutely blow out the Titans earlier in the year. wasn't even close. they have many-a-many arsenal of weapons

I hope you are joking. We almost never have a running game, don't know why you think it's so imperative this time around. Offensively speaking, the jets have no weapons.

I loved Carter last year and i dont know why the new coaching staff seemed not like him at all. but sadly, i dont think he will get a chance moore and ballard will be the dogs i think.

its a shame because i really like him, he is strong and shifty.

No it's not all about 40 time here's an example , it like having two cars one goes up to 125mph an the other goes up to 90mph the speed limit is set at 65mph it don't matter if you can go 125mph if u can't go over 65mph

Your talking about top speed that's not acceleration... acceleration is how fast it takes you to get to 60... in footballs case its how fast you can come off that line.