Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why do the Nike Jerseys look so stupid?

The Peytonator

Seriously? I went to my local Dick's Sporting Goods to shell out $100 on a nice new Andrew Luck jersey, and they look like this.....

pDSP1-13930968p275w.jpg

What genius made the numbers so small they only go down to the bottom your sternum? It looks ridiculous......like a chick jersey. Even my sister thought it looked dumb. I don't normally like to complain about mundane things but needless to say, Nike, the corporate giant, lost out on my $100 today. I'm sure others agree with me.

I don't know about you, but I love them. Yeah they look weird in that photo, but when you get one it's beautiful. Also, when I see the Colts wear them, they just look nicer than the Reebok ones. Obviously, JMO.

Honestly I feel like the photo actually makes them look better than when you put one on.....then it looks terrible. They do look good on the players though for sure, but I don't wear shoulder pads when I'm sitting in my living room on Sundays. haha

Honestly I feel like the photo actually makes them look better than when you put one on.....then it looks terrible. They do look good on the players though for sure, but I don't wear shoulder pads when I'm sitting in my living room on Sundays. haha

Be pretty cool if ya did...

I don't know about you, but I love them. Yeah they look weird in that photo, but when you get one it's beautiful. Also, when I see the Colts wear them, they just look nicer than the Reebok ones. Obviously, JMO.

I'm with you. I love the look of the Nike jerseys. My fiancé has a Nike Wayne jersey and I'm crazy jealous haha

I've been rocking my 59 Cato June jersey since the week in between our Superbowl win. So I'm holding out for a stitched Luck jersey :)

I bought a Luck elite jersey and I also think it is a thing of beauty. I love how Nike kept a classic, simple look for the Colts. The fit is great and I've had a lot of compliments.

You better get complements for what ?? 3 bills for the ELITE jersey?

heck, it better massage you too.

It's NIKE.. all about sales... HOW MANY CAN WE SALE?

It will only get worse.

I recently went into the LOS proshop and nearly fell over while looking at the T-shirt prices. $36 for a T-Shirt?! Let me say that again...$36 for a T-Shirt! It suddenly became real to me that Nike is going to try and milk this thing for all its worth. Reebok anyone?

The jerseys look nice in the pictures but I think they look/feel cheap reality. I had made a post earlier on how the Nike stuff is crappy. I bought a "Luck Knows" shirt. $28 .It's shrinking and the screen printing is starting to crack already. And yes I do know how to read the label, lol. I'd rather have a Luck Reebok jersey made.

Be pretty cool if ya did...

I was thinking the exact same thing.

My wife has a friend who can get me 2 for 100.00 so i'm going to go that route. I can't really afford to pay 100.00 for 1 piece of clothing but I can do 2 for 100.00. (Wayne and Luck) They look alright but I know that my Authentic Reebok as "bulky" as it may feel; I get the warm fuzzies when I put it on because I know its a jersey. . . .

I recently went into the LOS proshop and nearly fell over while looking at the T-shirt prices. $36 for a T-Shirt?! Let me say that again...$36 for a T-Shirt! It suddenly became real to me that Nike is going to try and milk this thing for all its worth. Reebok anyone?

There is a wide variety of prices that depend on what material they are. Also, everything is more expensive in the pro shop...worst possible place to buy something. I just bought a therma fit hoodie online that wasn't cheap but fits and feels great. IMO, Nike is leaps and bounds better than Reebok. It's a little more pricey but you get what you pay for.

I noticed the stripes line up differently . My "on field" reebok, the stripes line up on the outside of my shoulders. With the Nike basic model the stripes are well inside my shoulders. The numbers are higher and smaller on the Nike. The quality of the jersey material on the basic Nikes is good.

f8b0889560870b0c0fab2419c7eaa54e.image.200x154.jpg

I got 1 of these, but it was a Collie Jersey in January. Now Collie is on IR. 2 years ago my Wife and I got Clark jerseys and he missed allot of time. I don't know if I'll buy another jersey again. I got a Matty Ice jersey also. He seems to be doing ok.

You dont?? I thought everyone wore full on unis in front of the tv..lol

The jerseys look nice in the pictures but I think they look/feel cheap reality. I had made a post earlier on how the Nike stuff is crappy. I bought a "Luck Knows" shirt. $28 .It's shrinking and the screen printing is starting to crack already. And yes I do know how to read the label, lol. I'd rather have a Luck Reebok jersey made.

I am having the same problem with my Custom Jersey and new Colts shirt

anyone who thinks anything Reebok is better than Nike has lost their mind.. wait til those zig zags fade, Reebok is done, especially with losing the NFL... what they have the Zigs & NHL??? trippin'

and as far as knowing you are wearing a big heavy Jersey, feeling it or whatever... and having them crunch up ... thats because the players want them as tight as possible, it sucks having anything that can be grabbed, and with the material its all lightweight... they are nice... Reebok sucks, but to each his own!

Seriously? I went to my local Dick's Sporting Goods to shell out $100 on a nice new Andrew Luck jersey, and they look like this.....

pDSP1-13930968p275w.jpg

What genius made the numbers so small they only go down to the bottom your sternum? It looks ridiculous......like a chick jersey. Even my sister thought it looked dumb. I don't normally like to complain about mundane things but needless to say, Nike, the corporate giant, lost out on my $100 today. I'm sure others agree with me.

It's NIKE.. all about sales... HOW MANY CAN WE SALE?

It will only get worse.

Yeah, not really a Fan of the NEW Jerseys. If I did buy one, it'd be to hang up in my Room & not to be Worn. Hang it next to my Colts Flags, Poster, or my Bob Sanders Jersey

I agree 100% with all the friends I have quoted here. While it is true that individual tastes vary and 1 person's trash is certainly another person's treasure, the contract with NIKE vs Reebok appears mass produced with diminished quality control to me. Given what Nike is asking for as a retail price, your hard earned dollar isn't worth it. I have seen the new jerseys face to face and personally I think Reebok produced a much more sophisticated product at a much better price giving the consumer a bigger bang for their buck IMO.

The NFL's reputation takes yet another public relations hit: the handling of evidence in the Bounty scandal, until recently zebra gridlock, and now poor alliances with the wrong uniform NFL attire company and corporation. :scratch::facepalm::help::giveup:

I have no thoughts on having one personally, but I have an annoyance regarding the players wearing them.

They look fine, except they seem to get all bunched up, especially on the linemen (O & D), to where you sometimes can't make out their number.

What's up with that?

I noticed that too but thought maybe it was just me. Its bugged me since pre season after they first started wearing them in games. It probably has to do with their new slimmer fit that they actually use as a selling point. What they forget is people at some positions arent slim. They do bunch up on people that are slim too though. I could see them pulling something next year where they change the fit.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

My wife has a friend who can get me 2 for 100.00 so i'm going to go that route. I can't really afford to pay 100.00 for 1 piece of clothing but I can do 2 for 100.00. (Wayne and Luck) They look alright but I know that my Authentic Reebok as "bulky" as it may feel; I get the warm fuzzies when I put it on because I know its a jersey. . . .

I have friends who bought Nike jerseys that shipped direct from China. Two weeks ship time but paid $28.00 each plus shipping. Looked just as good as my $140.00 jersey off the Colts mdse page. My Nike has a great fit, but for a short guy it's a little long.

I have friends who bought Nike jerseys that shipped direct from China. Two weeks ship time but paid $28.00 each plus shipping. Looked just as good as my $140.00 jersey off the Colts mdse page. My Nike has a great fit, but for a short guy it's a little long.

I bought an imported reebok style jersey, and love it. $40 total for a stitched jersey, not that iron on crap. I'm sorry, but I'm not paying $100 for a glorified t-shirt. Besides, I've given my fair share of money to the nfl over the years.