Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collie didn't practice today does anyone know why?

superrep1967

Could be a few things:

- He woke up and didn't feel 100% and didn't feel like risking it.

- The Colts don't wont to overwork him before the game (concussion worries)

- He doesn't want to push it

Whether or not he starts Sunday, Austin will most likely be on a snap count, so expect to see a good amount of Avery and Hilton.

Maybe he got a concussion combing his hair?

Ok, that was mean.....sorry.

I had a laugh at that. He probably did get a concussion from combing is hair.

If he is 100% and cleared by the doctor I have no idea why he is sitting out. He needs to be in there getting the reps and getting his timing down with Luck.

I do not think he is 100% and I have my doubts we will even see him on Sunday. Hopefully he can practice today because to me if he does not then he should not play in the game.

Well if he doesn't play again, this gives us a chance to get a good look at T.Y. Hilton coming out of the slot

which I believe will give us real good matchups anyway. Plus he and Avery get to be on the field at the same time.

We also get to get more extensive looks on Kris Adams as well, so all is definitely not lost if he doesn't play

I noticed on the injury report that Collie didn't practice today. That surprised me because I thought he was cleared by the doctors. Maybe they were just being cautious... Does anyone know anything why he didn't practice?

Today

Austin Collie Downgraded To Doubtful

If Collie was "cleared to play" by doctors earlier in the week, as Chuck Pagano said he was, why did he not practice? Why is he not feeling 100% if he's supposedly been medically evaluated and released to play?

Fair or unfair, when doctors say a guy is ready to go, and that guy isn't even healthy enough to practice after they declare that, then the credibility of said doctors is going to be questioned. Also, it's not like the Colts medical staff has a stellar reputation in league circles.

http://www.stampedeb...e-downgraded-to

Yeah I typed the wrong word, and saw that it had already been discussed so I altered my post.

Doubtful on Friday is all but out.

It's not only "all but out" , it's about .9999999999% that he doesnt play Sunday. When a player is feeling sick Friday with concussion like symtoms , it's just a matter of symatics between doubtful and out.

It's not only "all but out" , it's about .9999999999% that he doesnt play Sunday. When a player is feeling sick Friday with concussion like symtoms , it's just a matter of symatics between doubtful and out.

so its 99.0000000001% that he will play? i dont think thats right but ill take your word for it lol

I dont want this to turn into another Gonzo, Sanders deal. if he cant play, cant stay healthy than he shouldnt be taking up a roster spot. give the younger guys their chance. concussions are not something to mess with either. brain in the getting knocked around like jello.

He should just sit out until like Week 5

How do you have anyway of knowing he either needs to sit out that long or that he will be healthy enough to play by then? He should sit it out till he's good to go and let's be honest none of us on here know when that will be. It could be next week it could be 14 weeks from now we don't know.

Soooo, what you're saying is; "there's still a chance."

I didn't want to see Collie come back to soon but I also was furiously supportive of letting him make the decision if he should continue football. My hopes were that we would put him on the PUP list so he would sit out only 5 games and by then he would have a clear head to make his decision of going forward. That takes the pressure off forcing him to comeback to soon but also gives us flexibility. I don't know where he sits but it appears to look more negative by the week that he might ever come back.

Collie is officially listed as doubtful for tomorrows game against the Vikings. Concussions really are such a unique injury, as you can feel good for one day, but as soon as you exert yourself a bit, you can find out that you aren't even close to being ready. With him having so many concussions already, it could be a while before he is actually ready to come back.