Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts work out Cliff Harris

FightLikeSin

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and janoris jenkins is biting us in the behinds right now. 6 tackles 1 pass deflected and a INT against detroit in week 1. what did vontae davis do that we gave up a second round pick for? and according jeff fisher Jenkins has turned his act around and is focused on football. yeah we got fleener in the second round, but the colts were already in line to draft Allan also. so getting jenkins wouldnt have hurt.

Wow. You based all of that on one game. One freaking game. And on that you're criticizing a decision made that had years in mind, not a week at a time. It doesn't matter what Janoris Jenkins does in one game. It matters what he does over a season, over an off-season, over the next season. The idea is to see well past your nose. His physical talent is not disputed. It's his mental talent that's in question. I've got no problem -- none -- not using a high 2nd round pick on him.

It may take years for it to play out, but I'm not wavering because the kid had a nice game.

I was a heavy advocate for NOT taking Janoris Jenkins for his off the field issues. But the difference is spending a 2nd round pick vs a low-cost waiver wire pickup. If he smokes weed while robbing a liquor store using a stolen Cadillac as his getaway car...it would be unfortunate, but the loss would be minimal since we didn't have anything invested in him. Which is why it would be a smart pickup.

I think CRH has this in perfect perspective. As a Free Agent, this is little downside to bringing him in and trying. If it works out -- great. If not -- little, if any harm done. I just didn't want to use a draft pick on him.

We'll see if Million Dollar Talent wins out, or if the Ten Cent Head ultimately prevails......

Polian and his son had Peyton all those years to bail them out. Once Peyton couldn't play Polian fell apart. he coudn't keep up with the game.

AAAH Our team wasn't rebuilding then & All these guys that Grigson brought in are GOOD RIGHT. Just becuase he makes moves doesn't make then GOOD MOVES. Pollian take was we got them they have some tallent we will coach them up!

AAAH Our team wasn't rebuilding then & All these guys that Grigson brought in are GOOD RIGHT. Just becuase he makes moves doesn't make then GOOD MOVES. Pollian take was we got them they have some tallent we will coach them up!

We don't know if they are GOOD moves yet but at least they are tryin. Yes we weren't rebuilding but we were def incomplete and Polian did do much to try to find those missing pieces. I trade those 14-2 seasons for 2 more championships. A lot of you guys were just satisfied wit the regular season success. We were a Defense away from Dynasty status

I was a heavy advocate for NOT taking Janoris Jenkins for his off the field issues. But the difference is spending a 2nd round pick vs a low-cost waiver wire pickup. If he smokes weed while robbing a liquor store using a stolen Cadillac as his getaway car...it would be unfortunate, but the loss would be minimal since we didn't have anything invested in him. Which is why it would be a smart pickup.

Thats a busy man! how he have time to be our nickel corner?

A lot of you guys were just satisfied wit the regular season success. We were a Defense away from Dynasty status.

2 SB appearances in the last 13 years that Peyton played with 1 win and 1 loss. We had a puncher's chance most of the time, could not deliver because of not being a complete team more often than not. Only the Pats (5), Giants (3 including loss to 2000 Ravens), Rams (2 years in a row with Warner), and Steelers (3) have an equal or better record over the same period. That is 4 out of 32 teams with multiple SB appearances over the last 13 years.

Ultimately, the question that begs to be asked - are you only interested in the destination as the be all of everything or are you also going to enjoy the journey? We had several journeys for a decade that were so enjoyable due to our regular season success. Cant win the lottery without buying a ticket, cant get to the playoffs without the regular season accolades. We just did not cash in our chips as well in the postseason.

We can show appreciation for our future that we are building now without talking down our past, which is a cherished one. That is what I am getting at. If we dont win our division by year 3, yes, that might be a better time to question Grigson. Till then, I will hold my judgement.

I can say without hesitation that I would've traded some of the regular season stats, wins, success, etc for 2 more Super Bowl wins. What good is being the first or second seed in the conference if you get knocked out before the big show? Heck, losing to the Steelers in the 05 div. championship game is still the most painful loss I can remember. We were a great team that year and got knocked out and that pain far overshadows the season's other successes. That loss made Marlin's interception in the AFCCG the following season so, so much sweeter.

Give me SB's, that's all I want. I hope this new FO helps to make us the SB-winning dynasty we should've been during the Manning era.

I can say without hesitation that I would've traded some of the regular season stats, wins, success, etc for 2 more Super Bowl wins. What good is being the first or second seed in the conference if you get knocked out before the big show? Heck, losing to the Steelers in the 05 div. championship game is still the most painful loss I can remember. We were a great team that year and got knocked out and that pain far overshadows the season's other successes. That loss made Marlin's interception in the AFCCG the following season so, so much sweeter.

Give me SB's, that's all I want. I hope this new FO helps to make us the SB-winning dynasty we should've been during the Manning era.

Amen to that!

I want more SBs too but I am not going to let the pain of postseason losses diminish what the Colts franchise has accomplished so far, albeit most of it have been in the regular season. No one wants a bronze medal but you have to be good enough just to get there, to the playoffs.

The Ravens have had a great D for the last decade but could not get to the big one, let alone win it. You could build a very talented team on both sides of the ball like the Chargers did and not even smell a SB. There are so many other variables involved for postseason success. QB play, matchups, coaching, luck, timely defense etc.

All you guys that think SBs are handed out like candy should not forget to enjoy the regular season success that Luck will have along the same lines, if he does like Peyton. Then, you might as well turn the TV off and ask to be woken up when the SB comes around. More often than not, you may be disappointed as well, that is what the odds say.

No worries, I'll be enjoying this season just fine....but that's because my perspective and expectations are inline. I'm not expecting a SB-contender for 3 more seasons. I'll be happy to watch less Tampa 2 and more M2M and 3-4, along with all of the other exciting changes. My expectations for the Colts season in and season out throughout the 2000's was SB or bust and why wouldn't it have been? We were fantastic throughout almost every regular season and were held high in the rankings almost every year. As much greatness as Polian gave to our city (and I'm very thankful for that), there were a couple SB opportunities that we didn't capitalize on due to poor decisions or just-slightly-off personnel choices......all were avoidable situations and I'll always be a little bitter about it.

To get back on topic, I'm all for Harris. Cheap competition never hurt anyone.

Can't compare us to the Ravens they didn't have the offense we did. The Chargers didn't have the QB we did. I appreciate the success we had as well but I believed that success made the Polians content.

But we did not have the team the Chargers did, and good teams win championships. I am pretty certain the Chargers had more talent at most levels, including ST, better than ours except maybe QB, DE and WR in the 2006-2009 time frame.

But I do agree that everyone got complacent in their jobs and things came crashing down when there was no No.18 to hang on to. :)

and janoris jenkins is biting us in the behinds right now. 6 tackles 1 pass deflected and a INT against detroit in week 1. what did vontae davis do that we gave up a second round pick for? and according jeff fisher Jenkins has turned his act around and is focused on football. yeah we got fleener in the second round, but the colts were already in line to draft Allan also. so getting jenkins wouldnt have hurt.

There is no way we could've known for sure that Allen was going to be there in the 3rd. He was a steal. I was all about Jenkins before the draft, but I feel good about what we did at this point.

We don't know if they are GOOD moves yet but at least they are tryin. Yes we weren't rebuilding but we were def incomplete and Polian did do much to try to find those missing pieces. I trade those 14-2 seasons for 2 more championships. A lot of you guys were just satisfied wit the regular season success. We were a Defense away from Dynasty status

And in Cap heck from signing the Stars of are team. Welcome to the NFL! I am sure the Waiver wire was just where a championship defese was. He made Pollian 2 of the best trades ever to get there Bogger Macfarline & Cory Simon, How qiuckly people forget HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Both got hurt SADDDDDDDDD

So, uh...that Cliff Harris guy. He has potential as a low risk player.

P.S. Apparently Polian never made pickups from the waiver wire or other teams practice squads. Therefore, Grigson is a much better GM.

Let's evaluate this statement. Polian built three teams into regular contenders, made at least 5 appearances in the Super Bowl and Grigson has done what?

Let's evaluate this statement. Polian built three teams into regular contenders, made at least 5 appearances in the Super Bowl and Grigson has done what?

I am thinking DoomOf21 was being sarcastic in stating that Grigson has not earned anything yet. So you and him might be saying the same things. :)

I am thinking DoomOf21 was being sarcastic in stating that Grigson has not earned anything yet. So you and him might be saying the same things. :)

Chad hit it on the head!!! Attempting to intone subtlety over the internet isn't as easy as it should be.

See: Antonio Johnson, Corey Simon, and Booger McFarland.

I will give Polian one thing. He did not like free agents and open market players. They never pan out. When was the last time the Colts took a cut player or free agent and it worked out for them. I am not saying it hasnt, but I sure cant remember anyone great. They all end up injury prone or lazy. Infact, it always seems like the players we let go (linebackers and cornerbacks) end up doing great things on other teams. Its kind of sad really. In the end those are the players we are always looking for. That was also Polians fault. He never wanted to pay DB's and LB's. And the only one they did really pay, Bracket, got hurt. Weird right?

It doesn't matter what this kid did in college. It's kind of sad.

Bryce Brown was the No.1 overall recruit out of college, and barely got consideration for getting drafted.

Chris Gallipo was a monster the First half of his Sarting season, didn't even make our practice squad.

Noel Devine ran circles around everybody in High School and in College, not drafted and gave up.

Kyle Prater was the no. 3 prospect out of high school, recruited by USC and Transfered to Northwestern....Dude has 4 catches in 2 games.

I don't get it, Everybody here thought that Cliff was a definitely player worth drafting, but it rarely works out. There must be some work ethic, lack of drive thing that we don't see as fans.