Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. ESPN depth chart (not that it means anything) has Latu over Ebukam. What are expectations on rotation with him?
  3. Yes, but I don't care in the 2nd. He's the best cover linebacker in the class and is extremely athletic. I'm willing to take some risks if our doctors clear him.
  4. Packers pick at 41. I think we have to move ahead of them to get Cooper DeJean. They won't pass on him a 2nd time if he's there.
  5. I know opinions differ on Cooper DeJean but I’d love him in round 2. And as a CB. He is a little tight hipped and average arm length but he is a good zone corner, that will tackle and can take the ball away. Then has the return ability too which needs to be taught if with McKenzie not around anymore. I think Ballard would like him too, he is a good competitor.
  6. Kirk should understand it is part of team building. Even with Vikings, he saw other QBs as some kind of competition, and as insult to him. Funny he never got upset with not even going to conference championship, for example. That's part of the reason why he never wins big games.. he doesn't love the team, he lives himself and his pride more than anything. As well as he talks great about everything, his actions show He's all about himself all the time. Compare him to Matt Ryan for example, Ryan took everything with dignity and that comes from having team above himself, and even if he's benched he stood by their decisions by both words and actions. That includes not letting out statement from agent that he was a little confused or upset. I suspect Kirk will throw fits like he did in Washington when he loses his arm strength at he ages and his team starts to bench him. That will be a riot. As of now, he's a starter and he just has to keep his mouth shut (that includes any statement from his agent or his camp) and do his part in bringing success to the team, no matter what. This is a bad start to his Falcons tenure. As for Falcons drafting Penix, one great WR or defensive player may or may not make a big difference in the Big picture. Maybe, that shows they're happy they got Kirk and that alone makes them very close to winning division and qualifying for playoffs, so they are looking into future. Kirk should take it as a positive reflection on him for this year.
  7. One of the deepest classes of WR’s in draft history, and you think “the river is dry” ?? I believe 7 WRs were taken last night. Projections are for roughly another 10-12 to be taken today in R’s 2-3. I hope you’ll be happily surprised tonight.
  8. Any guess how long he lasts with Murray at QB?
  9. I would like a trade up in THIS 2nd round and get AD Mitchell or Cooper DeJean
  10. Well said. I get that everyone has their preferences but our biggest needs are less like holes and more like a need for premium upgrades. The three biggest areas we could probably use upgrades seems to be almost universally accepted as WR, CB, and edge. It’s hard enough as is to think we will find a premium upgrade for each of these with just the first 3-4 rounds. But it becomes even harder when you factor, as you said, that finding an upgrade at edge becomes much harder outside the first round. Despite this, we still tried to get a weapon. It didn’t work out. But we still seem on course to really have a chance to makes some improvements to this roster.
  11. He could be that gadget guy. He's a converted RB to WR. I've some comps to Deebo, but I think that's a bit much. But he's a huge YAC guy. We don't have too many of those. I'd be fine if we got him in the second round. I'd be elated if we somehow got him in the third, but I doubt he lasts that long on the board. EDIT: He's also a good down field blocker
  12. My top 3 picks for round 2 today: 1.) Peyton Wilson 2.) Jalyn Polk 3.) Ennis Rakestraw
  13. Winner of the 2023 Ted Hendricks Defensive Player Of The Year Award
  14. which I was never hoping for. Dayo has been a success for a 2nd round pick imo, and I like Paye. Might be a bit high for a first rounder but not everyone will be an elite guy. The more I read about Latu the more I like him, though.
  15. Great pick, congrats... Finally, a first round CB might work out well, and it would be perfect timing for this team.
  16. Yeah, I was thinking of him too. The more I learn about Latu though the more I like. I really hope he becomes a a huge difference maker for us on defense.
  17. Have you been drinking this morning? The Titans drafted Lathum
  18. I do indeed. They passed on boomer 3 times
  19. So now you claim to KNOW what the Colts plans were!!!! HA HA HA
  20. This I feel has been his biggest flaw as a drafter and I'd be REALLY happy if they start valuing production more. Hope it's a new trend. He also said they had 4-5 guys with true elite grades and Latu was one of them. Edit: Ballard also mentioned they have a good relationship with Chip Kelly (HC UCLA), so they had a lot of inside information on Latu - explains the lack of meetings.
  21. Despite informing all potential draftees not to hug the commissioner he grabs him and lifts his off his feet hanging him in midair. Then when asked about it he laughingly said "just showing him my love". I hope he follows the instructions for the titans as well. What a clown.
  22. Exactly, I started to talk myself into Brian Thomas Jr at 15 and it stings the Jags got him instead but we got an elite talent at a premium position at 15. Could be a steal.
  23. we have good wrs imo we needed at least one elite top tier wr but ballard chose pass rush which we needed too
  1. Load more activity