Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This will make all you Rhodes fans excited

bobourret

Todd McShay's updated 2 round mock draft (3/28)

1. KC - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. JAX - Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
3. OAK - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
4. PHI - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
5. DET - Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
6. CLE - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
7. ARI - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
8. BUF - Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
9. NYJ - Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
10. TEN - Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida
11. SD - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
12. MIA - Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
13. TB - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
14. CAR - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
15. NO - Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
16. STL - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
17. PIT - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
18. DAL - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
19. NYG - D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
20. CHI - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
21. CIN - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
22. STL - Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
23. MIN - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
24. IND - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
25. MIN - Keenan Allen, WR, California
26. GB - Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
27. HOU - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
28. DEN - Manti Te’o, LB, Notre Dame
29. NE - Justin Pugh, G, Syracuse
30. ATL - Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State
31. SF - John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
32. BAL - Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech

RD 2

33. JAX - Matt Barkley, QB, USC
34. SF - Zack Ertz, TE, Stanford
35. PHI - E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
36. DET - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
37. CIN - Matt Elam, S, Florida
38. ARI - Mike Glennon, QB, N.C. State
39. NYJ - Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
40. TEN - Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
41. BUF - Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
42. MIA - D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston
43. TB - Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
44. CAR - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
45. SD - Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pine Bluff
46. STL - Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
47. DAL - Kyle Long, G, Oregon
48. PIT - Robert Woods, WR, USC
49. NYG - Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
50. CHI - Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU
51. WAS - Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
52. MIN - Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
53. CIN - Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M
54. MIA - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
55. GB - D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina
56. SEA - Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
57. HOU - Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama
58. DEN - Sio Moore, LB, Connecticut
59. NE - Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
60. ATL - Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
61. SF - Johnathan Cyprien - S, FIU
62. BAL - Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Rhodes, but I still don't see him making it past Miami or Tampa. Plus I don't think McShay is worth a crap at his job.

If i remember correctly, didn't McShay say something about JaMarcus Russell would be one of the best QB ever and he would turn the nfl upside down... or something to that effect. I lost any regard for his "predictions" after that!

NFL.com had an article today saying the 49ers want to move up. Colts trade down to 31 and get the 34th pick in return. Two solid players

The Colts won't get the 31 and the 34 for our 24....   it's way, WAY too much.

The standard draft points chart shows that to trade down from 24 to 31,  we would likely get one of San Fran's two 3rd round picks.     I think they are 82 and 90....    if it's the lower one,  we might also get a 5 or 6 added in...

But no way in the world would the 49ers give up a low 1 and a high 2 to move up 7 spots....     Not happening.

The Colts won't get the 31 and the 34 for our 24....   it's way, WAY too much.

The standard draft points chart shows that to trade down from 24 to 31,  we would likely get one of San Fran's two 3rd round picks.     I think they are 82 and 90....    if it's the lower one,  we might also get a 5 or 6 added in...

But no way in the world would the 49ers give up a low 1 and a high 2 to move up 7 spots....     Not happening.

Yeah their 31, their third, and one of their fifths sounds right to me. That just slightly favors us in point value, but I think it would be about right since they would be the ones initiating the trade.

Several thoughts.....

The original poster shows you a two-round mock draft to give you Colts news and a surprising number of people who call themselves Colts fans insult the poster because we don't have a 2nd round pick?!?

WTH?!?

Who gives a rip?!?    The person is doing you a favor and you insult him?    If I were a moderator I'd give all of you who did so a warning point,   but I'm sure that just me.    I didn't get much sleep and I'm feeling grumpy,  but I thought it was spectacularly rude and mean of all who did.     And for what?!

Second....   if the standard for people disagreeing with a mock draft is..... "didn't that person once say......      and since they were wrong,  I never pay attention to him anymore..."      If THAT is the standard,  then I'm afraid you've all got some very bad news....

Because then you don't like ANYONE who scouts and does Mock Drafts for you -- no one.    There is no person on the face of the earth since the Dawn of Time that has been right all the time.    Or even most of the time.   It's what makes scouting hard.   Really,  really hard.   Harder than all of us arm-chair scouts who watch games on Saturday and Sunday could ever possibly know.    

People who do this for a living are wrong -- a fair amount.   That's part of the business.   There's just no way to be right all the time.   

If I could delete this thread....   I'd do it in a heart beat....   not the finest hour for Colts' fans....    :facepalm:

And if the Original Poster sees this,  then on behalf of others here,  I'd like to thank you for posting the information and doing people here a favor.   The fact they're too clueless to understand it is not your fault.

Several thoughts.....

The original poster shows you a two-round mock draft to give you Colts news and a surprising number of people who call themselves Colts fans insult the poster because we don't have a 2nd round pick?!?

It was actually only the guy with the first reply and then everyone else was just making fun of that guy. I agree he was a little hostile, but he disappeared once the thread turned on him.

The people pointing out we don't have a 2nd round pick need to read te draft results first. It shows Miami having our pick.

The OP just posted McShay's two round mock and despite the fact we don't have a second pick the NFL has not canceled the second round of the draft.

I have no idea regarding the quality of the prospects, but I have some idea about need. I find it amusing that McShay has Denver taking LBs in both rounds. They might take one somewhere in the draft, but I'd fall off my chair if they took a LB in both the first and second. And it's Monti Te'o to boot! That's just nuts.

On the other hand I'd be delighted if the Colts grabbed a CB.

Several thoughts.....

WTH?!?

Who gives a rip?!?    The person is doing you a favor and you insult him?    If I were a moderator I'd give all of you who did so a warning point,   but I'm sure that just me.    I didn't get much sleep and I'm feeling grumpy,  but I thought it was spectacularly rude and mean of all who did.     And for what?!

If you were a moderator, you should be giving yourself a warning point for writing this.

With the even level of quality across this rookie draft I'm not too sure SF would want to trade from 31 to 24--the difference in player quality would not be worth losing a couple of picks over--if they really want to trade up I would think they would be looking at the first 10 picks or so

If you were a moderator, you should be giving yourself a warning point for writing this.

Let's not do this. 

This is a time of year for excitement, not infighting among fans. 

We've had enough fighting in recent years. 

On Point; What random journalists have to say is no more relevant than the guesses in our own websites draft forum. However, I believe we WILL go defense with pick #24. Every indication shows me we had a clear 2-year plan in place last year. Draft heavy on offense in year 1 of the rebuild. go defense in year 2. 

Let's not do this. 

This is a time of year for excitement, not infighting among fans. 

We've had enough fighting in recent years. 

I don't like people calling others clueless and being harsh about it, when it's obvious their overreaction was based on their own incapability of understanding. Something about rocks and glass houses..

Now, I don't mean to start a fight with NCF. As a poster, he generally seems intelligent and knowledgeable. I attribute the lack of quality in his post to the aforementioned sleep deprivation.

On Point; What random journalists have to say is no more relevant than the guesses in our own websites draft forum. However, I believe we WILL go defense with pick #24. Every indication shows me we had a clear 2-year plan in place last year. Draft heavy on offense in year 1 of the rebuild. go defense in year 2. 

I do not believe that was his "2-year plan". I think our draft turned out offense heavy due to who fell to us when our picks rolled around and considering all the moves we made defensively in FA, Grigson should have the luxury of going BPA.

I do not believe that was his "2-year plan". I think our draft turned out offense heavy due to who fell to us when our picks rolled around and considering all the moves we made defensively in FA, Grigson should have the luxury of going BPA.

A team cannot go BPA all-around like that. That's madness. Doing so wold ignore team needs, and come August, our roster would liken itself to swiss cheese. 

Snagging a BPA is an exception to the plan. All teams have a mapped out plan going in, one that does of course include exceptions in case 'player X' is still on the board. 

We will see in a month. My bet is that we go decidedly defensive. 

I was hoping to get Cooper, but felt it could be Rhodes.

I am also pleasantly surprised McShay agrees with me that Arians will go O line round 1 and take Mike Glennon round two to compete with Stanton over next couple years for starter job.

Let's what really shakes out though...  these things are a real crap shoot.

A team cannot go BPA all-around like that. That's madness. Doing so wold ignore team needs, and come August, our roster would liken itself to swiss cheese. 

Snagging a BPA is an exception to the plan. All teams have a mapped out plan going in, one that does of course include exceptions in case 'player X' is still on the board. 

We will see in a month. My bet is that we go decidedly defensive. 

Of course, when I say BPA there are obviously exceptions. I think the Colts needs on offense and defense allow them to be more open to a BPA approach, seeing as we filled many large needs in FA and we don't have many positions that are "set" or "stacked" (QB, TE, that's about it).

I think it'd be foolish going into a draft with the mindset that you will draft heavy on one side of the ball this year and the other next year, essentially ignoring half the draft class for two years.