Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Geathers staying at safety

aaron11

i didnt see anyone else mention this so i thought i would bring it up.  ballard likes him at the strong safety spot and there are no plans to switch him to line backer

i dont have anything to add, other than he seems like a safety to me and not a line backer 

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/clayton-geathers-not-making-position-switch-linebacker

54 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

FOr the best. He can’t even stay healthy at SS and people wanted him being moved to the most engaging position. Nah 

He cant stay healthy you say he was only hurt in 2016 he was recovering in 2017 but came back in no time so what you talking about

8 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

In a 4-3 He is fine at SS.  In a 3-4 you might have the ability or luxury to bring him down as a ILB.  I am glad we are moving into the new scheme and he can easily become our Bob Sanders type.  Hopefully he stays healthy.

Hopefully he becomes Bob Sanders on the field and not the Bob Sanders in the training room

59 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Yes, I don't know why Polian don't like them at least he doesn't say anything good about them. 

I’m a big Polian fan and enjoy listening to him a lot, but lately he’s been annoying  me as he is very subjective when he talks about his players as opposed to current players. I even heard him saying, among other things that “there is no Cato June” on current Colts roster.

Common now, Cato June? That guy clearly had his moments but let’s not forget how frustrated the fans were with him as he was just a traffic cone in the path of Jaguars running backs.

And yes, it bothers me that he won’t even acknowledge Hooker, so much less Geathers as talented players the Colts have on their roster.

1 hour ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

I’m a big Polian fan and enjoy listening to him a lot, but lately he’s been annoying  me as he is very subjective when he talks about his players as opposed to current players. I even heard him saying, among other things that “there is no Cato June” on current Colts roster.

Common now, Cato June? That guy clearly had his moments but let’s not forget how frustrated the fans were with him as he was just a traffic cone in the path of Jaguars running backs.

And yes, it bothers me that he won’t even acknowledge Hooker, so much less Geathers as talented players the Colts have on their roster.

Yeah we don't have a Cato June, but we've got plenty of Gilbert Gardners we can build around since he likes below average LBs. Polian must have gone off the deep end if he thinks Cato June is a measuring point for quality LB play. 

On 10/03/2018 at 2:33 AM, Defjamz26 said:

The LB talk was ridiculous from the start. SS is his best position.

Mark barron and deone Buchanan did well as linebackers so maybe Clayton would as well. He looked a lot smaller last year though...

20 hours ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

Cato June? give me a break.

Brian Urlacher, Tom Davis are 2 that come to mind that made the switch. That's why I'm high on the Vanderbilt guy, think his name is Oren. Started safety. Than played some DE, back to middle linebacker, and led football in pass defense for linebackers.

Let's just allow the kid to play his natural position and be the best at it that he can be. I'm pretty happy with our safeties. We have 3 decent players there...Hooker, Geathers, and Farley all have shown they are starting caliber players. We need to find natural LBs to fit those positions...and allow our safeties to play where they are comfortable and where they excel....we should be good in any formation or subpackage as long as we keep this group healthy. Let's go out and find a real LB instead of forcing a guy to play something he has no business playing at the highest level there is.