Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Norwell makes AP All Pro Team

4 minutes ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

You figure he would be dumb to not at least test the market especially since he was undrafted. This is his first big contract. I don't see Carolina paying him 14 million after they signed Turner. Either way this must be Ballard's top priority in free agency. Pay the man!!!!

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I hope Norwell is wearing the Blue and White of the Horseshoe this coming season....

Im not making a prediction, only that I want him -- badly!     :heart:

:colts: 

Only thing is tho I can't decide if id rather have Connor Williams or Quenton Nelson in the draft to go with Norwell if we get him 

14 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Only thing is tho I can't decide if id rather have Connor Williams or Quenton Nelson in the draft to go with Norwell if we get him 

Agreed....   that's why I don't want to trade down too far.   I want to make sure we get the OL of our choice.   Of course Ballard could fool me and take Chubb and we'd be using our 2nd round pick on an OL...  tough to know this early in the process...

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Agreed....   that's why I don't want to trade down too far.   I want to make sure we get the OL of our choice.   Of course Ballard could fool me and take Chubb and we'd be using our 2nd round pick on an OL...  tough to know this early in the process...

Yeah, we need to see what happens in Free Agency.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If we somehow get Norwell before the draft, I would prefer to get Chubb or Barkeley, then shot for Orlando Brown in the 2nd round or other OT.

This is the MAIN guy we have to get in free agency even if it means overpaying....I think if we hire Wilks as Head Coach it significantly increases our chances of signing this beast...Just a thought...Add him, Saquon Barkley, and Allen Robinson, Watkins, Bryant or Gordon to go with a healthy Luck and our offense just became Lethal....

21 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Here's my prediction 

Norwell signs with the Vikings 

What makes you say that?

I hope your prediction is right. Our RG Joe Berger is expected to retire after this postseason and we will need a competent replacement. Vikes can move Easton or Sirles to RG and Norwell to LG.

I would like the Vikes to draft at least two OL this year.

On 1/6/2018 at 1:55 PM, GoColts00 said:

How has Norwell played over his career? Just curious.  Albert Haynesworth was the most dominant defensive lineman I had ever seen in his contract year. We all know what he was like after his payday..

He isn’t a one year wonder, in 2016 he was ranked in the top 10 LG and top 5 for some.

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

I know we had interest but I never heard anything about him actually coming here in office.  Do you have a link to anything.  Not calling you a liar just curious really.

I wish I did but I don't remember where I read it.  I just remember being surprised when I saw it.  We had a lot of guys come and go.  Minter and Brown are two others that come to mind. 

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Yes he did.

He did not visit. He signed with the Browns the very first day of Free Agency as they negotiated his contract during the legal tampering period where you can negotiate with agents but can't take visits. Colts were in talks with his agent but he never visited.

I think we’re the most likely landing spot for Norwell.  Can’t stay in carolina - 3 of their top 8 cap hits for next year are already on the OL, with a fourth not far out.  We have the third most cap space in the league and are desperate for an interior mainstay (since Kelly hasn’t been healthy).  Great natural fit...

25 minutes ago, Archer said:

I think we’re the most likely landing spot for Norwell.  Can’t stay in carolina - 3 of their top 8 cap hits for next year are already on the OL, with a fourth not far out.  We have the third most cap space in the league and are desperate for an interior mainstay (since Kelly hasn’t been healthy).  Great natural fit...

We are a natural fit but so are a number of teams with a good amount of cap space.  It's not a layup by any means. 

7 hours ago, KING. said:

How much cap space do the Panthers have going into the 2018 off-season?

About 20M and they can quite easily pick up another 10M via cuts. However, they are paying quite a bit of money for their OL already, including their C and RG. And have a needs at WR, S, CB and probably RB too. So it depends on their priorities. They were probably far more likely to keep Norwellhad Gettleman remained their GM.

23 hours ago, Archer said:

Honest qyestion ....so why was he the one they didn't pay? Any worries?

On 1/14/2018 at 9:00 PM, dgambill said:

Honest qyestion ....so why was he the one they didn't pay? Any worries?

The other ones were paid first, while he was on his rookie contract.  Having performed so well, they now can’t afford him ...

19 minutes ago, Archer said:

The other ones were paid first, while he was on his rookie contract.  Having performed so well, they now can’t afford him ...

Well I'm sure they understand their cap well enough to not let an all-pro walk away without a lot of thought don't you? I mean in the last two years they have re-signed/signed LT,G, and C and left him unsigned. Turner their other guard was set to be a free agent as well but they extended him before the season....yet they left Norwell unpaid. So why did they choose Turner over Norwell? Maybe it was just Norwell was asking for too much and they wanted to get a deal done with one of them...or maybe they liked Turner more. Either way that is something to think about.

38 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well I'm sure they understand their cap well enough to not let an all-pro walk away without a lot of thought don't you? I mean in the last two years they have re-signed/signed LT,G, and C and left him unsigned. Turner their other guard was set to be a free agent as well but they extended him before the season....yet they left Norwell unpaid. So why did they choose Turner over Norwell? Maybe it was just Norwell was asking for too much and they wanted to get a deal done with one of them...or maybe they liked Turner more. Either way that is something to think about.

GMs do that all the time. John Elway could have inked Malik Jackson before he was part of that 2015 historic SB winning season but chose to focus on other priorities knowing that the Von Miller re-signing was coming up. It is possible the Panthers anticipated other priorities then.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

GMs do that all the time. John Elway could have inked Malik Jackson before he was part of that 2015 historic SB winning season but chose to focus on other priorities knowing that the Von Miller re-signing was coming up. It is possible the Panthers anticipated other priorities then.

Yep...all I was saying was that it was a little concerning how they decided to pay everyone but him. I'm sure they have their reasons....obviously he has played great this year to make all-pro. I just had some concerns about him and what he may be asking for...along with the fact that Carolina (minus Cam) was absolutely awful running the ball this year.