Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Winning out

jblastick

Let me preface this by saying I’m the eternal optimist however let’s look at these last 6 games and see if there are any “sure” losses:

11/26 Titans: fully expect the Colts to win this game.  Titans offense isn’t dynamic enough and the colts have been playing much better.  Chance of winning 75%.

12/3 Jags;  jags d is legit but O is suspect. Last game was an anomaly.  Chance of winning 49%

12/10 Bills:  Bills are a dumpster fire.  What we were earlier this year.  Another subpar offense.  Chance of winning 60%

12/14 Broncos:  see Bills.  Broncos are hot garbage.  Another bad offense.  Chance of winning 85%

12/23 Ravens:  there’s a theme here.  Ravens offense is not good.  Chance of winning 55%

12/30 Texans:  Tom Savage.  Chance of winning 85%

the Colts have flaws no doubt but they definitely seem to be trending the right direction.  Don’t really think any team left on the schedule has the capability of blowing us out.  Few of the teams are trending downward (Bills, Texans, Broncos).  Toughest game left is Jax IMO.

Of course what’ll happen is that at 3:30 CST this Sunday, the Titans will walk of the field of Lucas Oil triumphant and this post will be the Scott Tolzien of posts.  Watch every game with the hope they win (with the exception of game 16 in 2011 against Jax). I️ cheer every 1st down and positive play the Colts make.  Just in my DNA.  Cheers!

The AFC is looking quite weak in general. I see the Pats and Steelers as the only serious contenders. JAX picked a good year to get serious. With some luck they could hit the AFC conference championship game. So yeah we could win out. The conference is in flux. I can't wait till Brady and Big Ben retire. There's a solid chance the AFC south sends two teams to playoffs next year.

1 hour ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

The AFC is looking quite weak in general. I see the Pats and Steelers as the only serious contenders. JAX picked a good year to get serious. With some luck they could hit the AFC conference championship game. So yeah we could win out. The conference is in flux. I can't wait till Brady and Big Ben retire. There's a solid chance the AFC south sends two teams to playoffs next year.

with Bortoles on there team they'll never be much of a threat. However once jax finds a true franchise QB look out....

Had we beat the Steelers that would've been a tremendous momentum builder and we actually may have went on a run. That game was a killer. I now see 5-11 in the end. That is about right because with the Roster/Coaching we have Andrew makes a 3 to 5 game difference. Where with Andrew we would've been 8-8 at worse, probably 9-7/10-6 with him because our schedule was favorable this season.

30 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Just watch them win enough to keep Pagano as head coach. I sure like Chuck as a human being but he is overmatched in the NFL and makes bad decisions and little or no corrections in the second half

There are a lot of Bad Coaches in the NFL = Browns, Bills, Dolphins, Broncos, Giants, 49ers, Bucs, Bears Coaches. Don't even get me started on Marvin Lewis as he hasn't won a Playoff game in 100 years! There are your Average Coaches as well, then you have your Great one's which there aren't many - BB is a Great one but 75% of Coaches have their MAJOR flaws. Look at how Bruce Arians has done with the Cards, record wise not good and almost everyone in here thinks he smokes Chuck. Jack Del Rio after 1 great season with the Raiders is now 4-6. He was a genius last season though per the media. Is Tennessee's Coach better than Chuck? I actually don't think so. That is just a few examples regarding Coaching.

Hard for me to project each game at this point. What I'm looking for here is the continuation of improved play.  I want to see it on both sides of the ball.  Definitely on defense, but especially on offense.  We need to get out of the funk of only scoring 17 points and getting shut out.  Hoping things will improve with the addition of Swoope.  Now we can do more out of our two tight end sets than we've been able to do earlier this year.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There are a lot of Bad Coaches in the NFL = Browns, Bills, Dolphins, Broncos, Giants, 49ers, Bucs, Bears Coaches. Don't even get me started on Marvin Lewis as he hasn't won a Playoff game in 100 years! There are your Average Coaches as well, then you have your Great one's which there aren't many - BB is a Great one but 75% of Coaches have their MAJOR flaws. Look at how Bruce Arians has done with the Cards, record wise not good and almost everyone in here thinks he smokes Chuck. Jack Del Rio after 1 great season with the Raiders is now 4-6. He was a genius last season though per the media. Is Tennessee's Coach better than Chuck? I actually don't think so. That is just a few examples regarding Coaching.

I watched Jack Del Rio for many years when he was with the Jags.  I know for a fact he's a mediocre coach.

11 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

There's a solid chance the AFC south sends two teams to playoffs next year.

There's a good chance Jags and Titans both make it this year. 

If the Colts and Texans get their starting QBs next year, the AFC South could very well be the best division in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

I can see the Colts winning 5 of the last 6 games. Enough wins to

royally screw up our draft position. 

Say we do win 5 of the last 6 and end up 8-8.  We would have a draft pick close to the middle of the round.  This position in the past has yielded Malik Hooker and Ryan Kelly of most recent.  Other Colts, just Colts mind you, drafted within the middle of a round include: Marvin Harrison (HOF),  Tarik Glenn (Pro-Bowler), and you could also include Dwight Freeney and Anthony Castonzo.  These are just Colts, let alone to the many other player who are successful being drafted in the middle of the first round.  Oh and this is just the 1st round!

Our draft position will be fine no matter what our record is......because Ballard is the deciding factor!

14 hours ago, jblastick said:

Let me preface this by saying I’m the eternal optimist however let’s look at these last 6 games and see if there are any “sure” losses:

11/26 Titans: fully expect the Colts to win this game.  Titans offense isn’t dynamic enough and the colts have been playing much better.  Chance of winning 75%.

12/3 Jags;  jags d is legit but O is suspect. Last game was an anomaly.  Chance of winning 49%

12/10 Bills:  Bills are a dumpster fire.  What we were earlier this year.  Another subpar offense.  Chance of winning 60%

12/14 Broncos:  see Bills.  Broncos are hot garbage.  Another bad offense.  Chance of winning 85%

12/23 Ravens:  there’s a theme here.  Ravens offense is not good.  Chance of winning 55%

12/30 Texans:  Tom Savage.  Chance of winning 85%

the Colts have flaws no doubt but they definitely seem to be trending the right direction.  Don’t really think any team left on the schedule has the capability of blowing us out.  Few of the teams are trending downward (Bills, Texans, Broncos).  Toughest game left is Jax IMO.

Of course what’ll happen is that at 3:30 CST this Sunday, the Titans will walk of the field of Lucas Oil triumphant and this post will be the Scott Tolzien of posts.  Watch every game with the hope they win (with the exception of game 16 in 2011 against Jax). I️ cheer every 1st down and positive play the Colts make.  Just in my DNA.  Cheers!

Those odds are insane. Not even one of those are even close to what todays money line would be if that game were today. For instance Tenn right now is $140 to win $100. That would mean the Colts are around 40 % to win Sundays game.

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

Say we do win 5 of the last 6 and end up 8-8.  We would have a draft pick close to the middle of the round.  This position in the past has yielded Malik Hooker and Ryan Kelly of most recent.  Other Colts, just Colts mind you, drafted within the middle of a round include: Marvin Harrison (HOF),  Tarik Glenn (Pro-Bowler), and you could also include Dwight Freeney and Anthony Castonzo.  These are just Colts, let alone to the many other player who are successful being drafted in the middle of the first round.  Oh and this is just the 1st round!

Our draft position will be fine no matter what our record is......because Ballard is the deciding factor!

We definitely are in good hands with Ballard but those 11 or 12 draft spots 

really come into play after the first round when starter talent becomes slim.

3 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

We definitely are in good hands with Ballard but those 11 or 12 draft spots 

really come into play after the first round when starter talent becomes slim.

With the number of QB's available and teams needing these QB's.  I would say we will be just fine.  Every year you have guys fall down the board because teams overdraft QB's.  This could definitely be another case of this.  Last year you had a top prospect in Malik Hooker fall to us.  This could easily do the same that has happened in many years.

Past picks at #15 (just to show a true middle of the draft point):

Derrick Johnson

JPP

Pouncey

Branden Albert

Bruce Irvin

Lawrence Timmons

Ryan Shazier

Again there is still talent at this spot and with the QB's going some talent will fall to us.  Once the combine and pro days finish you will see some defensive names up here with all the QB's as well.  We will be just fine!

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Texans, Cards, 49ers, Titans, Seahawks, and us...this is who they have left, and not in this order.  I am sure they will get 3 wins out of this.

Seattle ain’t superior with the injuries cards stink 49ers are ugh they are beating us again Texans will be a win also. 4-2 they will finish out

18 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

the jaxs are real and will dominate our division for years to come along with the texans when watson is back he is one of the best in years

While the Colts schedule is favorable remember the Colts wins have been nail bitters over a winless Browns team a 49ers team whose loan win came against a Giants team that has already started the off-season in their minds, and the Tom Savage lead Texans.  

This team still has Chuck Pagano as its head coach and can’t finish in the 4th quarter.  Unless they figure out that problem they arent winning six in a row,