Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Updated Player Weights Revealed....

NewColtsFan

This info came out this week.     This is the first chance I've had to post it as I do every year.      

Here is the actual roster with updated weights.       I printed out a roster after the draft and have now made notes about how much weight has been either lost or gained by our players.

http://www.colts.com/team/roster.html

I'm also going to write it up here....    the roster is for you to use as a cross reference...

Hope you enjoy!              :thmup:

Aiken                  216      +1

Alie-Cox             267      +7

Anderson           301      +1

Ayers                 247      -8

Banner              358       -2

Basham             266      +4

Binford               185

Blackmon          185  

Bond                 299       -3

Bostic               245  

Boyd                 293      -17

Bray                  183      -3

Briggs                230

Brown                196

Butler                 192      +4

Castanzo            311

Clark                  311      -8

Cooper              311      +5

Crossan            203      +1

Daniels             246       -1

Davis                207

]Dorsett            185

Doyle                262      -5

Edwards           271      -4

Farley               209       -1

Ferguson         205       +5

Geathers         220

George            234  

Good               345     -10

G ore               212      -5

Graham          208

Green             211      +6

Haeg              305      +1

Hairston         195      +2

Hankins         325      +5

Hennessy      246

HIghtower     200

HIlton            178

Hooker          212      +7

Howard         214      -7

Hunt              298     +3

Jackson        234     +4

Jeter             251

Kelly             309

Langford      299      -6

Locke           208      +12

Luck             240

Mack           210        -3

McGill         299       -11

Melvin         196       +3

Mewhort      305       -7

Milton          196       +6

Mingo          239       -1

Mitchell        192       +9

Moncrief      216       -6

Morris         186        -2

Morrison      241      +6

Morris          219       +1

Mount         253        +4

Muir            309   

Natson       153        -6

Parry          317       +7

Pope          205 

Powell        211 

Redmond   300       +5

Rhodes      238      -4

Ridgewawy 318     +1    

Rogers        184     +4

Sanchez      195

Schwenke    310     -5

Sheard         265

Sickels         252     -9

Simon          250     -10

Smith           197     -8

Spence        231

Stewart        333     -14

Swoope       258     +1

Thomas       282    -10

Tolzien        215     +2

Ugokwe      315     -6

Vinatieri      212     +6

vujonvich    300

Walker        242     +7

Walker        216

Wlliams      260     +13

Wilson        206      -7

Woods       330      +23

Wylie          309

Griffey        209

Michael      220

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Is Andrew Luck really 240? I doubt it.

Yes,   I noticed that too.      And no, he's not.     He even a dmitted as much in a recent interview.

Says he lost 15+ and has gained back 10-12.    Thinks he'll be good to go for the start of the season,   but there are so many questions left unanswered.....

Banner was up to 260Lbs He was at 253lbs for the combine with a goal of 245lbs. I thought that's what I read.  Walker adding 7 so he's back up over 240. 

Wilson at 207lbs jumps out to me. We heard about "football shape" for him. He was 211lbs at the combine. You'd think him being in better shape would make him a blink quicker. If he's a little faster we may not get him. I'm excited to see this kid with Hooker on the back end. If we can get Geathers back we could have something. 

Encouraged by the weight loss to Goode, Banner, and Stewart.

Surprised by the gain to Morrison and Walker...though both are only 22 and 21 respectively and have yet to enter their primes so it could just be them filling out.

3 hours ago, akcolt said:

Banner was up to 260Lbs He was at 253lbs for the combine with a goal of 245lbs. I thought that's what I read.  Walker adding 7 so he's back up over 240. 

Wilson at 207lbs jumps out to me. We heard about "football shape" for him. He was 211lbs at the combine. You'd think him being in better shape would make him a blink quicker. If he's a little faster we may not get him. I'm excited to see this kid with Hooker on the back end. If we can get Geathers back we could have something. 

Are you talking about somebody else? I dont think Banner has ever seen 260lbs in his life. LoL!

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

Are you talking about somebody else? I dont think Banner has ever seen 260lbs in his life. LoL!

Maybe Junior High. Let's change that to 360lbs from 353 with a reported goal of 345lbs as his playing weight. 

38 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's not good. He was reportedly too big at times in college, then he comes in even bigger. Some scouts said he should be at 230. 

I guess it depends on what type of weight he's put on?     There's bad weight and good weight.   

Plus,  I think he's more MIKE than WILL,  so I'm guessing the team feels like he needs a bit more weight to handle the demands of the position.      I'm sure you noticed that Morrison is up about 5-6 pounds too.    

It may be wishful thinkking on my part,  but I think either Morrison or Walker is our MIKE of the future.    I just don't know when that future starts.      Of course,  as of right now,  it appears that Bostic is the front runner to be our MIKE of the present.  

1 hour ago, Lef said:

Thank you for list. Missing Turbin. 

Damn!            :facepalm:

Nice catch.     And Turbin is a good one to note!

Turbin is now at 216,  he's DOWN 9 pounds.     That's a lot.      He was a 225 RB last year.   

Gore down 5,  Turbin down 9,  and Mack comes on board with his speed and wiggle.   The OL should be much better as we'll.      I'm hopeful this will add up to a much better run game.

Thanks again for Turbin!       

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I guess it depends on what type of weight he's put on?     There's bad weight and good weight.   

Plus,  I think he's more MIKE than WILL,  so I'm guessing the team feels like he needs a bit more weight to handle the demands of the position.      I'm sure you noticed that Morrison is up about 5-6 pounds too.    

It may be wishful thinkking on my part,  but I think either Morrison or Walker is our MIKE of the future.    I just don't know when that future starts.      Of course,  as of right now,  it appears that Bostic is the front runner to be our MIKE of the present.  

https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/12/21/anthony-walker-northwestern-wildcats-nfl-draft

He put on a bunch of muscle weight in college, and he wound up being too tight and stiff, not flexible enough, and so on. He slimmed down some and regained his quickness.

It's very possible that he's gotten bigger and stronger and worked with good trainers who have helped him maintain his agility. I hope so. 

I don't think he's a typical downhill, fill the hole, take on the block Mike backer. I think he's at his best using his range, changing direction, etc., a Will backer. But he definitely has the awareness and instincts to play Mike. 

On 6/25/2017 at 2:23 AM, Bluefire4 said:

Is Andrew Luck really 240? I doubt it.

On 6/25/2017 at 3:31 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Yes,   I noticed that too.      And no, he's not.     He even a dmitted as much in a recent interview.

Says he lost 15+ and has gained back 10-12.    Thinks he'll be good to go for the start of the season,   but there are so many questions left unanswered.....

Then does this updated chart mean anything at all?  If Luck's not accurate, no reason to really trust anything else on here.  

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Then does this updated chart mean anything at all?  If Luck's not accurate, no reason to really trust anything else on here.  

That's sort of my view on it.  

First of all weight fluxuates depending on the time of day.  

Secondly they always seem to add a few inches to the height and a few pounds to the weight.  So I'm not sure how much meaning these charts have.  

4 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

That's sort of my view on it.  

First of all weight fluxuates depending on the time of day.  

Secondly they always seem to add a few inches to the height and a few pounds to the weight.  So I'm not sure how much meaning these charts have.  

My thoughts exactly.

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I don't think I'd share that view.     You're not the first person to have this view, by the way.....

I think in big broad general terms,  it's giving you an indication. of what the players basically weigh.

But take a look at the list....    why would they bother noting that Henry Anderson has gained 1 pound.   He's now 301 instead of 300.     What's the point of that?      Why not have every player at a weight that ends in 0 or a 5?    Just round up or down to a 0 or a 5?      I think the team is trying to give as much info as they can,  without giving too much in some circumstances, like Andrew Luck.      He's going to be 240 at some point,  might as well plug in his weight.

I'm just thinking out loud here...    but you asked a straight forward question and I thought it deserved a fair answer.      I could be wrong,  but this is my general view...

Haag and Mewhort both at 305 and Costanzo and Clark both at 311.  Looks like the coaches have there weights where they want them.  Clark losing 8 should help him too.   Hopefully Haag has really improved on his strength.  I thought he was losing on bull rushes most of the time last year.  If he has this line really has the potential to have a great year IMO. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't think I'd share that view.     You're not the first person to have this view, by the way.....

I think in big broad general terms,  it's giving you an indication. of what the players basically weigh.

But take a look at the list....    why would they bother noting that Henry Anderson has gained 1 pound.   He's now 301 instead of 300.     What's the point of that?      Why not have every player at a weight that ends in 0 or a 5?    Just round up or down to a 0 or a 5?      I think the team is trying to give as much info as they can,  without giving too much in some circumstances, like Andrew Luck.      He's going to be 240 at some point,  might as well plug in his weight.

I'm just thinking out loud here...    but you asked a straight forward question and I thought it deserved a fair answer.      I could be wrong,  but this is my general view...

I don't know that these weights are irrelevant.  I don't think I was trying to suggest that, but at the same token, it's hard to put a ton of stock into it either.  Kind of like pre-draft rumors - you never know what to believe.  Some are outright lies, others lies with nuggets of truth, and because of that, you never know a true rumor when you see one.  

It being about the player's weight, something that tells you very little about what you see on the field, it's impossible to make any sort of projections based on them.  Not saying anyone here is making any outlandish claims on any player based on weight either.  I know we're all here to have fun and speculate here and there, so I'm not trying to detract from teh conversation so much is, I just think I'm cautious about them.  

The good news is, taking these weigh ins at their word, other than Walker, I don't see anything terribly alarming.

16 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

230 is a bit small for an NFL ILB 242 is fine

not all 242 LBs are built equally.  without knowing specifics about his BMI then there's no way for you to know what his playing weight should be.

2 hours ago, J@son said:

not all 242 LBs are built equally.  without knowing specifics about his BMI then there's no way for you to know what his playing weight should be.

BMi tests can be and have been very misleading too they have been well known for telling in shape people that they are obese so we will have to see how he looks in full pads in training camp it will be interesting I don't think he goes out there and starts right away any how I think Spence or Bostic is the favorite at the other ILB position where the number 1 ILB I believe will be Edwin Jackson.

9 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

BMi tests can be and have been very misleading too they have been well known for telling in shape people that they are obese so we will have to see how he looks in full pads in training camp it will be interesting I don't think he goes out there and starts right away any how I think Spence or Bostic is the favorite at the other ILB position where the number 1 ILB I believe will be Edwin Jackson.

Agreed, body fat percentage has been proven to be a better indicator than BMI.

14 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

BMi tests can be and have been very misleading too 

ok fair enough...point was that without information about his body fat, muscle mass etc etc you have no way of even guessing what his playing weight should be

Firstly.  BMI is trash, any person in the medical field will tell you.  

Secondly, these weight charts are a nice discussion point.  I personally don't put much stock into them.  As NCF said I just think it's a barometer to see what we're trying to do with our players.  Or just a way to call out the lineman that accidentally balloon up lol. 

6 hours ago, J@son said:

ok fair enough...point was that without information about his body fat, muscle mass etc etc you have no way of even guessing what his playing weight should be

He is 6 foot 1 so for his height 242 sounds about right. if he was 5 foot 11 like spence then I would say 230 would be about right when your over 6 foot you should be able to handle 240+.

45 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He is 6 foot 1 so for his height 242 sounds about right. if he was 5 foot 11 like spence then I would say 230 would be about right when your over 6 foot you should be able to handle 240+.

Lord have mercy

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Dude look at Bostic he is 245 at 6 foot 1 and looks great like I said yesterday we don't know how he will fair at 242 until training camp starts and if he don't look very good it wouldn't surprise me if he don't last long on this roster.

two different men both weighing 245 lbs could have extremely different builds, bone structure, muscle mass etc etc etc.  you have NO WAY, NONE of being able to guess how much a player should or shouldn't weigh based on their height.