Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is wrong with Dwayne Allen?

RockThatBlue

18 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i wouldnt care if he wasnt making 29 million dollars or whatever it is

he just has not done enough for that kind of money.  doyle is out producing him this year, and plenty of other dirt cheap players could do the same

No they couldn't 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

He was so wide open, even I could have caught those passes, but I'll give him kudos to wrestling away that pass in the endzone.

He runs good routes, and always has.  The drops have been an issue.  Health has been an issue.  If he rectifies those issues, then he's a top 10 NFL TE, easily. 

34 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i wouldnt care if he wasnt making 29 million dollars or whatever it is

he just has not done enough for that kind of money.  doyle is out producing him this year, and plenty of other dirt cheap players could do the same

Allen is set to make $29 mil for the next 4 years, right?

$2.5 mil now and 7.25 mil a year till 2020, right.?  

Doyle is not yet able to get his 1st big deal..but when he does, it will be more than $7.5 mil, agreed?

....Allen isn't making the big money yet, right? So technically....the 3 TDs last night don't count.

I know he's been hurt and his numbers are not great.

.....but he's a vet. Luck obviously trusts him.. I wouldn't resent the money he makes compared to Doyle.

That's just seniority..Doyle will get his money...and we need 3 tight ends...and they arent dirt cheap unless they're rookies or undrafted free agents.....I like the trio but Allen has earned his cash...He's started on 3 playoff teams....We have a very productive offense./.and Doyle and Allen..and the project Swoope.

I wish I could make you see how comparing players playing the same position on our own team when we need them both and often play both at the same time.....is counter productive....at  best

12 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

He runs good routes, and always has.  The drops have been an issue.  Health has been an issue.  If he rectifies those issues, then he's a top 10 NFL TE, easily. 

I agree, zibby....

Our coaches and our QB trust him....If he stays healthy....we are top shelf at that position

I just wanted to mention that the catch in the end zone by Dwayne Allen was an awesome catch, however, I think the throw by Luck was even better.

D. Allen was covered well, while running up the field. He was looking at Luck over his right shoulder, while the defender ran with him immediately to his right. Luck threw the ball to the left, (behind Allen) forcing him to turn around and catch the ball away from the defender. Allen made a great catch.

If you want to see Luck throw a receiver open, look no further than this play.

6 minutes ago, FACE REALITY said:

we need a left tackle who is fast footed and can block speed rushers

Sorry to say it myself. We need a left tackle that can handle one-on-one's. Don't see it from AC on a consistant basis. His play declines when JM isn't next to him. I don't know if Jack is covering up for him.  We all can see the decline in play though. 

3 hours ago, a06cc said:

Sorry to say it myself. We need a left tackle that can handle one-on-one's. Don't see it from AC on a consistant basis. His play declines when JM isn't next to him. I don't know if Jack is covering up for him.  We all can see the decline in play though. 

i concur

3 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

Trade him(Allen), while there still some value left.

Yeah right, who would trade for a player thats been terrible for 90% of the season?

He was dominant against the Jets, had 2 other solid/decent games, and was awful and basically invisible for a majority of the other 9-10 games. We would be lucky to get a water boy for DA in a trade right now.

17 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't even blame Allen for that one. He should have never been allowed to go 1 on 1 with Clowney. That was a terrible idea.

Yeah I'm not sure who that would fall on, Luck, coaching, ect.  That was clearly a terrible mismatch that should've been dealt with before the play.  I was on the other hand ticked off that Allen didn't just pounce on the fumble.  I'd understand if it was Jason Witten but Allen doesn't have that capability to deal with Clowney.