Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

179 of 272, 2,074 yards, 14 TDs, 4 INTs

oldunclemark

yeah. other than 2 bad passes, Luck was on his game today, and most of the season so far.  Decent comp %, int/ TD % , and being safer now when he decides to tuck and run.  He's even starting to understand that he needs to do something quicker when no-one is open, so he's not hit/sacked as much. (evidence today...finally) If 5 passes were not dropped,...he'd had had a whale of a game...but since there was...it was just great...lol

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

..we really take it for granted..

....Sunday: 27 of 39, 353, 3 TDs,. No interceptions...

Like the old song could have said:

"If it wasn't for good Luck........we'd have no luck at all.."

Luck is a special talent despite some of the nay sayers on here who only show up to whine after losses.  Good game...good win!

Just now, CR91 said:

cant argue with trools. 

I assume you meant trolls, unless there's a new word combining tool/trolls lol. You may have started something. Anyway, I've found the net lately to be filled with a lot of hate and dislike. That stems from the fact that people feel "anonymous" when online, and there are no repercussions for their actions. Sad.

Trust me, most people would never say some of the stuff they say, to my face. I'm a bodybuilder and can take care of myself. The net gives them balls they wish they really had.

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong said:

I assume you meant trolls, unless there's a new word combining tool/trolls lol. You may have started something. Anyway, I've found the net lately to be filled with a lot of hate and dislike. That stems from the fact that people feel "anonymous" when online, and there are no repercussions for their actions. Sad.

Trust me, most people would never say some of the stuff they say, to my face. I'm a bodybuilder and can take care of myself. The net gives them balls they wish they really had.

typo haha

couldnt have said it better. too many internet tough guys

33 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

With 5 dropped balls (maybe more) -- could have been 32 of 39 for ~400 today if the WRs could hold onto the ball.

There were only 2-3 'bad throws' I could see on his behalf, but they weren't dangerous throws.

He's definitely making better decisions this year than he was last year.

And he put on this masterpiece without WR2, WR3 and TE1 (some may argue Doyle is surpassing Allen as TE1, but fact is, Allen is still listed as TE1 when he's healthy).... oh yea, and with his 5th OL formation in 7 weeks.

If our D didn't blow the Detroit and Houston games and we were 5-2 right now, Luck would be seriously being talked about by the general media about MVP consideration.

Usually Tennessee's defensive front has found ways to get to Luck in the past. Remember last year when we played them before Luck was out? He was really beat up... I think we have a winner in Haeg and even Reitz. I do like Reitz but he usually can't last a full season. So if we use him sparingly we should be in good shape. TY McGill needs more playing time. He's a powerhouse and definitely pushes his way through the line. I really like Aryes too, he's a speedy linebacker that can find ways to make plays.

56 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Luck is pure stud and is getting better!

18 minutes ago, krunk said:

I enjoy watching the offense this year. Very few interceptions and we are running the football well. Just got to get a few more TD instead of these field goals. Also stop dropping the football.

The Ol is starting to play much better.  Getting better every week.  I think we have the makings of a very good line down the road.

17 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The Ol is starting to play much better.  Getting better every week.  I think we have the makings of a very good line down the road.

Yeah they're looking better for sure. 

Now I wonder if their third round pick Clark will even get to play eventually??  I know he's supposedly a project guy, I guess it can't hurt to have added depth, injuries do happen.

1 hour ago, ColtStrong said:

Hey, my name is my real full name. Account is linked to my Facebook and whatnot.  I'm no anonymous internet tough guy; I stand behind my words, convictions and opinions 

27 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Hey, my name is my real full name. Account is linked to my Facebook and whatnot.  I'm no anonymous internet tough guy; I stand behind my words, convictions and opinions 

Gabriel,

I rarely post on this site though I have been  a Colts fan since Johnny U days (got a signed picture hanging in my den).

But I liked how you stood up with conviction in your post.  That's the kind of intestinal fortitude I like in a neighbor, co-worker, friend. 

3 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

yeah. other than 2 bad passes, Luck was on his game today, and most of the season so far.  Decent comp %, int/ TD % , and being safer now when he decides to tuck and run.  He's even starting to understand that he needs to do something quicker when no-one is open, so he's not hit/sacked as much. (evidence today...finally) If 5 passes were not dropped,...he'd had had a whale of a game...but since there was...it was just great...lol

Biggest/most promising thing to me was luck evidently showed he's improving on his deficiencies, he played very smart football today!! It was awesome to see him make decisions and go through his reads way quicker than we're used to seeing. And it's good that he still will take a run if it's there but he safe about it, I was worried after coaching/FO got into his head about playing safer that it would backfire on him not taking chances like that 

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah they're looking better for sure. 

Now I wonder if their third round pick Clark will even get to play eventually??  I know he's supposedly a project guy, I guess it can't hurt to have added depth, injuries do happen.

Even if they blew the Clark pick , Haeg made up for it. So at worst , we come out of this draft with 2 starters. Not too shabby. If Clark develops .. icing on the cake ?

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is putting up MVP type numbers. Had we beat Houston last week he would probably be looked at in the Top 3 just based on his numbers and we would've been in 1st place.

Yeah, he's definitely putting up MVP numbers. Unfortunately I doubt he'll get much consideration unless we get an above .500 record, even if we make the playoffs. Seems like they only like to vote for the players who are on solid 10 or so win teams. Although I don't know the specifics on that, too lazy to go back and look at past MVP's.

13 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, he's definitely putting up MVP numbers. Unfortunately I doubt he'll get much consideration unless we get an above .500 record, even if we make the playoffs. Seems like they only like to vote for the players who are on solid 10 or so win teams. Although I don't know the specifics on that, too lazy to go back and look at past MVP's.

9-7 should get him a serious look.

Who else could win it assuming they to make the playoffs? 
- Wilson
- Ryan (but lost today and the Falcons usually collapse)
- Brady would have to go at least 11-1 and keep his numbers up IMO

- Rodgers if he gets hot

I'm struggling to think of anyone else with a shot unless someone takes a huge step up vs top opposition like Derek Carr or Von Miller carriers Denver to a bye. 

7 minutes ago, 19colt said:

9-7 should get him a serious look.

Who else could win it assuming they to make the playoffs? 
- Wilson
- Ryan (but lost today and the Falcons usually collapse)
- Brady would have to go at least 11-1 and keep his numbers up IMO

- Rodgers if he gets hot

I'm struggling to think of anyone else with a shot unless someone takes a huge step up vs top opposition like Derek Carr or Von Miller carriers Denver to a bye. 

Andrew will have some high priofile shootouts, too

vs. Aaron Rodgers at Green Bay in 2 weeks...

vs. Big Ben (maybe) in November

vs. 'the new Purple gang' at Minnesota in December

Edited by oldunclemark
bad spelling

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

If Brady wins the MVP, the election is rigged!!

(did I say that?)

Unless Rex can work his magic next week the only potential losses for NE IMO are @Denver and home to Seattle. Shame Ben was out because they probably beat NE today with him.