LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Eagles Preseason Game Night Thread

154 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

Good offensive 3 & out lol.....  

This is terrible we are making the Eagles look way better than they really are.

Who's the best player in the draft? Jk.... Kinda.

Seriously though, very discouraging performance. Lets hope this isn't a sign of things to come. 15 days to get our ish together.

I was pretty excited to watch this game on the NFL network tomorrow......sounds like I'm not missing much :(

As much as I love Football I honestly hate pre-season. The games don't count, you have players getting injured at times, etc.. Now Mewhort is injured!!

Well that was an ugly finish to that drive.  Just when I had my hopes up  LOL

10 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Shocker. Rip off our biggest run in years, and it's called back. 

We used to be one of the most disciplined teams regarding penalties but last season we killed ourselves with them. Chuck needs to get that straightened out.

Harrison is in at center now - looks solid so far with Good and Clark next to him.  But if Mewhort is out, why not try Harrison at guard next to Kelly to try a different combination in case Mewhort is out for any length of time?

Morrison will be in the starting rotation soon 

2 people like this

Well finally a nice play to block that punt !!!  What are they challenging tho??

8 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Morrison will be in the starting rotation soon 

I agree - maybe by the halfway point of the season.  He has blown a TE coverage in the game, but so have all of the LB core.  He did cover a nice 3rd and short pass play very well this last possession and kept the receiver short of the marker.  He also made a very nice physical tackle on a RB in a 1 on 1 situation on a swing pass.

28 minutes ago, snkdy said:

I know we have always stunk in the pre-season and we are missing a lot of key players on defense so tonight isn't a huge surprise. I wish we could cut down on the penalties and prorect Andrew better but overall Andrew looked sharp and he's healthy, TY, Moncrief, and Gore are healthy as well. Robert Mathis will be ready come opening day too. Tell em Reggie!

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Shocker. Rip off our biggest run in years, and it's called back. 

I think we get screwed by the refs on some of those Also we are getting our butts kicked by a team that isn't good no pass rush at all we will be lucky to win a game with no pass rush like this.

Wow. 

I usually don't take much stock into preseason. 

I just don't see much on this team outside a QB. And sure we can blame injuries. But that is the team on the field.

1 hour ago, snkdy said:

In REGGIE we (well at least I) trust !

1 person likes this

And Pagano's plan was to run the ball, stop the run, protect number 12 and avoid making penalties. None were accomplished. In fact, he had a foolish penalty called on himself for coming onto the field. Even all of our usually reliable special teamers (Overton, McAfee and Vinatieri) each had a mess up. Yikes. Not what I was expecting!