LucasOilStadium

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Morrison will be in the starting rotation soon 

I agree - maybe by the halfway point of the season.  He has blown a TE coverage in the game, but so have all of the LB core.  He did cover a nice 3rd and short pass play very well this last possession and kept the receiver short of the marker.  He also made a very nice physical tackle on a RB in a 1 on 1 situation on a swing pass.

28 minutes ago, snkdy said:

I know we have always stunk in the pre-season and we are missing a lot of key players on defense so tonight isn't a huge surprise. I wish we could cut down on the penalties and prorect Andrew better but overall Andrew looked sharp and he's healthy, TY, Moncrief, and Gore are healthy as well. Robert Mathis will be ready come opening day too. Tell em Reggie!

And Pagano's plan was to run the ball, stop the run, protect number 12 and avoid making penalties. None were accomplished. In fact, he had a foolish penalty called on himself for coming onto the field. Even all of our usually reliable special teamers (Overton, McAfee and Vinatieri) each had a mess up. Yikes. Not what I was expecting!