Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tipton elevate, Okine Waived.

Jackie Daytona

Good!  Maybe we can FINALLY get rid of The Dongo Experiment and replace him with a real football player.

No offense but your obsession with Adongo is borderline creepy, I get you want him gone and I do agree that a PS spot could be better used for a player who has more experience...But we are only at 9 on the PS last I counted so no need numbers wise to release Adongo...Just a simple addition of Okine to the PS to bring it to 10 if he clears waivers

McGill will probably be active Sunday. But I just don't get why we've held on to Tipton. We'd be better off signing Mike James off Tampa's PS. Tipton's pretty terrible.

If you sign another teams practice squad player, he must paid 3 weeks salary.  Even if you release him before 3 weeks is up.  He gets a full 3 weeks NFL level pay.

If you sign another teams practice squad player, he must paid 3 weeks salary.  Even if you release him before 3 weeks is up.  He gets a full 3 weeks NFL level pay.

I actually like Mike James. He wouldn't be a bad back to keep 3 weeks or maybe more IMO. He's looked pretty good IMO. Year before last when all Tampa's backs were going down he played in 8 games, 295 Yards, 4.9 YPC. Last year he barley seen the field.

No offense but your obsession with Adongo is borderline creepy, I get you want him gone and I do agree that a PS spot could be better used for a player who has more experience...But we are only at 9 on the PS last I counted so no need numbers wise to release Adongo...Just a simple addition of Okine to the PS to bring it to 10 if he clears waivers

I just can't stand the guy...he still doesn't know how to play the game and every time he sees the field he goes down injured...just a total waste. I don't see how he stays around unless Grigson has some side bet with another GM or something.

Wasn't Boom Herron more productive last season than Tipton? Why did we release him? Was it because he was more of a power runner like Frank Gore is, but not as effective than Gore has been. Also, is it that Sirloin Tip is more shiftier or speedy than Gore..a change of pace back?

he was hurt and is going to miss like half the season.  the team reached an injury settlement and released him

i think it happend on the kick return that everyone was mad about him even being in the game for late in the preseason

We need a RB this weekend and I think Bradshaw has a one week suspension to serve. Tipton ran hard last season for us - a whopping 3.1 yards per carry, I know, but he can be a decent compliment to Gore.

Its already been served, he doesn't have to be on a team to be suspended. A ream could sign him today and he could play Sunday.

Maybe I missed something but it sounds like Bradshaw still needs to serve a game: "Bradshaw played the past two seasons for the Indianapolis Colts but was released during the offseason. He would have to serve the suspension if he's signed by another team"

Why is everyone stuck on Bradshaw still?  Yes, he did great for 6 games last season but the guy is a walking IR ticket.  Move on.

Because he put up way more production for those 6 games than the $855k we paid him. 

Pretty sure Trent Richardson made 5x that, and did 1000% less. 

I just can't stand the guy...he still doesn't know how to play the game and every time he sees the field he goes down injured...just a total waste. I don't see how he stays around unless Grigson has some side bet with another GM or something.

He's a practice squad player for crying out loud.  There's other players on the PS who are just as bad so what's the big deal? None of them will impact things much this year.  Maybe Dewey Mcdonald on special teams but that's about it. What's with the obsession?

Good! Maybe we can FINALLY get rid of The Dongo Experiment and replace him with a real football player.

Good god. Adongo needs to take a restraining order out on you. You're coocoo for cocoa puffs.

Your obsession is unhealthy and just dumb, quite frankly.

So according to the Colts depth chart T.Y. Mcgill is listed as second team behind Henry Anderson and Billy Winn is listed as third team behind Mcgill.  I'm wondering if we will see a T.Y. Mcgill sighting in this Jaguars game?  If and when they rotate him in I'll be thrilled to see what he does. I like his potential.

Wasn't Boom Herron more productive last season than Tipton? Why did we release him? Was it because he was more of a power runner like Frank Gore is, but not as effective than Gore has been. Also, is it that Sirloin Tip is more shiftier or speedy than Gore..a change of pace back?

Boom WAS our change of pace back, if you can call it that.  Tipton is nothing but a power runner.  Boom must've been hurt worse than even he thought....

Not only that but you have to sing him to your active roster.

Exactly.  But that comes with the  "NFL pay" I mentioned.  I should have made my self clearer.  They must be signed to the teams 53 man NFL roster, and they get paid a minimum of 3 weeks salary, even if  released before 3 weeks are up.