Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the media are parasites

CR91

How many threads on this pick do we need and what people think about it?

I think the kid will be a stud. But, he still has to prove himself. Wait and see what happens down the road......time will tell.

In the meantime who cares what the presstitutes say.

You can't win with the media.  If Hilton says he's ready for camp, they'll say something like "Hilton does not express excitement to work with Dorsett, could demand trade".  If Hilton says he likes the pick, they'll say "Hilton feeling complacent, could sign with another team next year".  If Hilton says he thinks Dorsett is a great pick and he's ready to mentor the rookie, they'll say "Hilton wants Colts to air it out, ignore running game"

You can't win with the media.  If Hilton says he's ready for camp, they'll say something like "Hilton does not express excitement to work with Dorsett, could demand trade".  If Hilton says he likes the pick, they'll say "Hilton feeling complacent, could sign with another team next year".  If Hilton says he thinks Dorsett is a great pick and he's ready to mentor the rookie, they'll say "Hilton wants Colts to air it out, ignore running game"

Even they asked Hilton about the Dorsett pick and Hilton's reply was "I like cake, I pooped my pants," they would still state he's not happy with the pick because of his inability to answer their question accurately. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000491460/article/ty-hilton-conflicted-about-colts-phillip-dorsett-pick

if you actually watch the videos, you'll see he mentioned how he couldnt wait to work with him and teach him 

Actually,  if you watch the video -- as I have -- you'll see that TY Hilton doesn't look all that happy about the Colts taking someone that could be his eventual replacement.

I was more than a little surprised at Hilton's public reaction.....

The media is just doing it's job....

I have more problem with posters who -- by their own public admission -- feel free to post anything they want, no matter how silly or annoying to others here,  just to get a reaction and they don't care what the reaction is.

Edited by Nadine
personal

Actually, if you watch the video -- as I have -- you'll see that TY Hilton doesn't look all that happy about the Colts taking someone that could be his eventual replacement.

I have more problem with posters who -- by their own public admission -- feel free to post anything they want, no matter how silly or annoying to others here, just to get a reaction and they don't care what the reaction is.

How do you figure he doesn't look happy? He talked about getting him in and working with him and talking to him. If that's the case l, he didn't sound or look happy when they asked him about D'Joun Smith either because all he said was I don't know him. There is nothing to this outside of the media trying to make it an issue.

Actually,  if you watch the video -- as I have -- you'll see that TY Hilton doesn't look all that happy about the Colts taking someone that could be his eventual replacement.

I have more problem with posters who -- by their own public admission -- feel free to post anything they want, no matter how silly or annoying to others here,  just to get a reaction and they don't care what the reaction is.

Does that sound familiar,  CR91?

Nope. No clue what youre talking about

How do you figure he doesn't look happy? He talked about getting him in and working with him and talking to him. If that's the case l, he didn't sound or look happy when they asked him about D'Joun Smith either because all he said was I don't know him. There is nothing to this outside of the media trying to make it an issue.

Yep the media taking only bits and pieces of what Hilton said. Heck the quote they used in the article wasn't even his full sentence just a portion that they could use to twist his words.

Its just some nobody giving there opinion and using "" around 2 words to stir the pot when the reality is Hilton is coming off a 1345 yard 7 TD season and 19 TD's in 3 years....That's 2 less td's then Calvin Johnson his first 3 years......That's all with Hilton starting 14 less games then Johnson....14 less games!...Hilton has NOTHING to worry about....Hilton also has more yards receiving his first 3 years then Calvin did

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000491460/article/ty-hilton-conflicted-about-colts-phillip-dorsett-pick

if you actually watch the videos, you'll see he mentioned how he couldnt wait to work with him and teach him 

Do we have a link to the video?

I have been totally impressed with TY's work ethic since he's been here.  He said before the draft that he was ready to takes Reggie's role.  If TY has a fire under his butt, that is a good thing, IMO -- it doesn't mean he's unhappy, it just means he'll work that much harder to avoid losing snaps to a rookie.  Dorsett, from the film I've watched, seems to track the ball better in the air than TY did coming out of college (maybe even now), and he is just about as fast and can create separation.  The biggest improvement (which still has room to grow) is TY's route-running, since he entered the league.  I imagine that will be Dorsett's biggest challenge when it comes to dealing with bigger, faster, stronger competition from the CBs, I hope TY teaches him well (or better yet, I wish Reggie would come back as a coach to help mentor his fellow man from "The U").  I am so excited to think about how difficult it will be to stop our offense, and highly doubt TY will be upset when this thing starts clicking.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 26, 2015 - personal
Hidden by Nadine, June 26, 2015 - personal

Nope. No clue what youre talking about

Right.

Sure you don't.    Except for the fact that we've had this EXACT conversation before in a different thread and your response to me then was.......

"Wow!   Good memory!    I didn't think anyone would remember that!"

Do we have a link to the video?

I have been totally impressed with TY's work ethic since he's been here.  He said before the draft that he was ready to takes Reggie's role.  If TY has a fire under his butt, that is a good thing, IMO -- it doesn't mean he's unhappy, it just means he'll work that much harder to avoid losing snaps to a rookie.  Dorsett, from the film I've watched, seems to track the ball better in the air than TY did coming out of college (maybe even now), and he is just about as fast and can create separation.  The biggest improvement (which still has room to grow) is TY's route-running, since he entered the league.  I imagine that will be Dorsett's biggest challenge when it comes to dealing with bigger, faster, stronger competition from the CBs, I hope TY teaches him well (or better yet, I wish Reggie would come back as a coach to help mentor his fellow man from "The U").  I am so excited to think about how difficult it will be to stop our offense, and highly doubt TY will be upset when this thing starts clicking.

Here's the video....   videos are all over this website,  but listed up above....  just click on "videos"...

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Colts_Offseason_Program_Wk_3_TY_Hilton/aae96607-07da-425b-b19a-2eb796c0285d

Normally, TYH has a big smile on his face and lots of energy....    today,  no smile,  no energy...  just kind of matter of fact.

Not like him.

Here's the video....   videos are all over this website,  but listed up above....  just click on "videos"...

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Colts_Offseason_Program_Wk_3_TY_Hilton/aae96607-07da-425b-b19a-2eb796c0285d

Normally, TYH has a big smile on his face and lots of energy....    today,  no smile,  no energy...  just kind of matter of fact.

Not like him.

He's all about that action, boss! 

I agree, not like him, but I don't think it means he is unhappy, I think it might just mean he is ready to get to work.

If viewers weren't so bloodthirsty for controversy, the media would not be parasites.

Great thread with quality football content....less than one page of responses.

Thread with controversy.....16 pages.

The media isn't stupid. They are giving the average fan EXACTLY what they are responding to.

How many threads on this pick do we need and what people think about it?

I think the kid will be a stud. But, he still has to prove himself. Wait and see what happens down the road......time will tell.

In the meantime who cares what the presstitutes say.

According to Hilton's law of click bait..... 186 threads.

BTW awesome term for the media :)

Right.

Sure you don't.    Except for the fact that we've had this EXACT conversation before in a different thread and your response to me then was.......

"Wow!   Good memory!    I didn't think anyone would remember that!"

I can tell youre the type of person that holds grudges and doesn't let things go

After watching the video, to me it seems like TY is now answering the questions as the undisputed leader of the WR group (taking Reggie's place). He talks about wanting to mentor Dorsett, because that is now his job. TY is smart. He knows that we had to do something with WRs after the New England game because his group (the WRs) were completely shut down by BB's defensive scheme. Montcrief could not get open and neither could TY. But now EVERYBODY (including TY) is going to get open because of the additions of Johnson and Dorsett (and the subtraction of Reggie, sorry to say).

I must admit that my knee jerk reaction to the Dorsett pick was like the rest of you: shock and confusion. But now I get it. This will all make sense, once the fans see the kid start making plays (or even if he is used as a decoy), resulting in TY being open even more.

Spot on.  I have been a public affairs guy working with the press for a number of years - this is precisely what the field of journalism has become. 

He will benefit this season from this all in a number of ways,

1 - He will have more room to work with all the double coverage off of him.

2 - As a result of number 1, he should put up some big numbers this year heading into a contract year.

3 - As a result of number 2, he should make some BIGTIME $$$$ next year.

Whether or not that is with the Colts is still TBD, but I have a horrible feeling it is the less desirable option. No way we can pay the bigtime $$$$ for Luck, Castonzo, Hilton, Allen and Fleener all in one year. Something has to give and with the drafting of Dorsett, I think it's gonna be TY.... Which totally sucks because he is my favorite Colt.   :(

I can tell youre the type of person that holds grudges and doesn't let things go

When you keep doing the same things over and over and over and over again,  and don't seem to learn from your mistakes,  then yeah,  I'm likely to remind you of that.....

When you keep doing the same things over and over and over and over again,  and don't seem to learn from your mistakes,  then yeah,  I'm likely to remind you of that.....

heres a suggestion stop reading my posts. if my personality bothers you then thats your problem.

^^^This

The media is like a slot receiver that makes its living with the slants :).

Not like him.

Constipation ?

• 1 month later...

Its just some nobody giving there opinion and using "" around 2 words to stir the pot when the reality is Hilton is coming off a 1345 yard 7 TD season and 19 TD's in 3 years....That's 2 less td's then Calvin Johnson his first 3 years......That's all with Hilton starting 14 less games then Johnson....14 less games!...Hilton has NOTHING to worry about....Hilton also has more yards receiving his first 3 years then Calvin did

love the ethusiusm, but lets be real. cal had garbage qbs his first two years and stafford as a rookie his third year

heres a suggestion stop reading my posts. if my personality bothers you then thats your problem.

He is literally the only member here on my ignore list. 

He did the same thing to me, dragging a beef from one thread to another until I finally got sick of it and ignored him. Unfortunately, I can still see his posts when other people quote him, but at least I ended the beef by ignoring him. 

I would suggest you do the same, because he will not stop, ever.