Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hilton Questionable, 3 Players OUT

TKnight24

@mchappell51: #colts Pagano: Cherilus not 100 percent with groin. Best interest for him and team to shut him down this week.

@mchappell51: #colts HC Chuck Pagano: OUT vs. Dallas, Cherilus, Reitz, Thornton. QUEST, Hilton, Davis.

@KBowenColts: Chuck Pagano says Cherilus, Reitz and Thornton are OUT. T.Y. Hilton is questionable for Sunday. Along with Vontae Davis

:colts:

I really want to maintain the 3 seed but on the other hand I want T.Y. 100% healthy for the playoffs.  I say start Moncrief and don't worry.  This game and possibly next gives Moncrief and Nicks a chance to get going and start gaining confidence for the playoffs.  I am excited for this game and I hope Nicks and Moncrief step in and play well if T.Y. isn't going to play.

Hi there, I'm a cowboys fan but I come in peace and just wanna talk football. With that bein said, do you guys believe it's a good idea to play Hilton?

Welcome to the board. We want to avoid Foxboro for as long as possible in the playoffs (provided that we get through the first round, of course) so this game does matter to us. It might be better to rest Hilton at this point though. He hasn't practiced.

Even if TY is feeling better I would give him rest.  It doesn't take much to reaggrivate an injury like that.  I don't want to have any setbacks before the playoffs.  I kind of think we should sit Reggie also.  Force Nicks and Moncrief to step-up, and make it so Andrew doesn't have his go to guys, so he can work out his kinks with the other 2.  I understand it's bad logic, and we would probably lose, but I believe if we beat Tennessee, we get the #3 seed.   It's wishful thinking for NE or DEN to lose their final 2 games.  Not much at risk if we lose, but if we lose a key player, trying to play in this game, so close to the playoffs, it could hurt us more.  I'm glad Cherilus and Thornton are getting more time off, I just hope they're 100% come playoff time. 

Hi there, I'm a cowboys fan but I come in peace and just wanna talk football. With that bein said, do you guys believe it's a good idea to play Hilton?

If cleared by docs, why not?  They still have something to play for with getting higher seed or at least maintaining their current seed.

Welcome to the board. We want to avoid Foxboro for as long as possible in the playoffs (provided that we get through the first round, of course) so this game does matter to us. It might be better to rest Hilton at this point though. He hasn't practiced.

Ahhh.. you've got to sit both Hilton and Davis. You still have a chance to win the game and even with a loss (+Tenn win), we should keep the 3 seed. Odds are pretty slim that Cinn beats both Denver and Pitt. Now if Pitt clinches this week , then it becomes a better probability that a Dallas loss will kick us to the 4 seed. Not sure how much urgency Denver will have at Cinn as they are pretty much going to be the 2 seed. 

Even if TY is feeling better I would give him rest.  It doesn't take much to reaggrivate an injury like that.  I don't want to have any setbacks before the playoffs.  I kind of think we should sit Reggie also.  Force Nicks and Moncrief to step-up, and make it so Andrew doesn't have his go to guys, so he can work out his kinks with the other 2.  I understand it's bad logic, and we would probably lose, but I believe if we beat Tennessee, we get the #3 seed.   It's wishful thinking for NE or DEN to lose their final 2 games.  Not much at risk if we lose, but if we lose a key player, trying to play in this game, so close to the playoffs, it could hurt us more.  I'm glad Cherilus and Thornton are getting more time off, I just hope they're 100% come playoff time. 

Cherlius has been 100% stinky the whole year. Might be a good idea to see how Nixon handles RT anyway. But yeah... I agree it's crazy to play guys that are "iffy."

If cleared by docs, why not? They still have something to play for with getting higher seed or at least maintaining their current seed.

we'll have you ever heard of miles Austin? He was always rushed back cause of our lack of depth at wr. For an explosive and fast guy that's not to be taken lightly especially with all the strain put on that muscle.

I don't get the doom & gloom.  For 1, the Cowboys may not at full strength either.  Secondly, the Colts can compete in this game and if it is close at the end, they have a pretty good ace up their sleeve with Luck.

Yeah... the Vegas line opened at 1 and went to 3 by Monday. What I'm seeing now is mostly 3 and a 3.5. So unless what I'm seeing is not updated , the injury report so far is not doing much to change at least what Vegas thinks of the game.

Ahhh.. you've got to sit both Hilton and Davis. You still have a chance to win the game and even with a loss (+Tenn win), we should keep the 3 seed. Odds are pretty slim that Cinn beats both Denver and Pitt. Now if Pitt clinches this week , then it becomes a better probability that a Dallas loss will kick us to the 4 seed. Not sure how much urgency Denver will have at Cinn as they are pretty much going to be the 2 seed. 

Even if Cincy loses to Denver, we could still lose the 3rd seed if the Steelers win the division. We have the tie-breaker over the Ravens and the Bengals, but not Pittsburgh. The AFC North is still up for grabs.

Even if Cincy loses to Denver, we could still lose the 3rd seed if the Steelers win the division. The AFC North is still up for grabs.

Good call. I forgot about that scenario. They have two tough games vs teams needing wins but both are home.

I don't get the doom & gloom.  For 1, the Cowboys may not at full strength either.  Secondly, the Colts can compete in this game and if it is close at the end, they have a pretty good ace up their sleeve with Luck.

I don't think it is as much gloom and doom as it's being real. Points #1- If TY don't play that leaves us with our 2 best receivers either out or not close to 100%. Reggie is not his normal self. Point #2- We have struggled on the O-line pretty much all season and not having any depth at that position hurts. Point #3- Not having Davis speaks for itself when Dallas has Bryant. Point #4- Witten, we have struggled with any top notch TE.  If Romo don't have a bad game it could be ugly.

we'll have you ever heard of miles Austin? He was always rushed back cause of our lack of depth at wr. For an explosive and fast guy that's not to be taken lightly especially with all the strain put on that muscle.

Uhh, yes.  I did not start watching football yesterday so I am familiar with Austin and his injury history.

This not about rushing him back before he is ready.  If docs give him the go ahead and coaches think it is in team's best interest, then he will likely play.  If any of those dissent, then he sits.

@HolderStephen: Also of interest in story I just linked is Pagano's take on how they'd handle personnel if T.Y. doesn't play. Will split TEs out wide.

@HolderStephen: Said he didn't necessarily see the need to make a roster move, a la promote Griff Whalen from the practice squad. Just 3 healthy WRs rt now

I don't think it is as much gloom and doom as it's being real. Points #1- If TY don't play that leaves us with our 2 best receivers either out or not close to 100%. Reggie is not his normal self. Point #2- We have struggled on the O-line pretty much all season and not having any depth at that position hurts. Point #3- Not having Davis speaks for itself when Dallas has Bryant. Point #4- Witten, we have struggled with any top notch TE.  If Romo don't have a bad game it could be ugly.

Sorry Crazy but not sure where you get the idea that I need those points explained to me.  I get them - all of them. 

Dallas will present problems for the Colts D.  But so will the Colts offense, even with the missing players and uneven offensive line.  This is not a great Dallas defense by any means - they have average talent at best on all levels of the D. 

Sorry Crazy but not sure where you get the idea that I need those points explained to me.  I get them - all of them. 

Dallas will present problems for the Colts D.  But so will the Colts offense, even with the missing players and uneven offensive line.  This is not a great Dallas defense by any means - they have average talent at best on all levels of the D. 

You called it doom and gloom so I just made a couple of points that made it real. I guess when you make a comment in an open thread you do get responses. The Colts have struggled big time all season with teams that score a lot of points. Why should the Cowboys be any different? My comment explained itself. Sorry you took offense.

You called it doom and gloom so I just made a couple of points that made it real. I guess when you make a comment in an open thread you do get responses. The Colts have struggled big time all season with teams that score a lot of points. Why should the Cowboys be any different? My comment explained itself. Sorry you took offense.

I did not take offense at all and I don't know that I have seen anthing from you that I have genuinely disagreed with  Just stating that I am aware of the Colts' problems, both real & imagined.  How about I say it like this - even with the injuries and uneven line play, the Colts are not showing up for this gun fight with a knife.  They have a few bullets in their gun too.

I have no doubts Vontae will play.  If T.Y. does not play it can be good in some ways because Luck needs to build report with other guys like Moncreif as well as Nicks over the middle.  I think we can still win, especially if we spend more time getting Boom Herron going with the running game to open the pass game up a bit.

Didn't Davis not suit up for the Browns game?

Colts D did fine then...

Romo >>>>>>>Hoyer. Dez>>>>>>>>2014 Gordon. 

The D will really struggle if Davis doesn't play. 

I wouldn't touch this game with a bet. I could see Colts getting blown out; Colts losing close; or Colts winning close to moderate. Also don't like the over/under simply because I could see the offense struggling. Davis and Hilton being questionable are the main reason I'm having a hard time settling on a prediction. I don't think GC being out has much of an impact one way or the other. 

@HolderStephen: Also of interest in story I just linked is Pagano's take on how they'd handle personnel if T.Y. doesn't play. Will split TEs out wide.

@HolderStephen: Said he didn't necessarily see the need to make a roster move, a la promote Griff Whalen from the practice squad. Just 3 healthy WRs rt now

" Will split TEs out wide."

Better way late then never I suppose even if they are doing it out of necessity

I think Murray plays and Vontae and TY sit. The game will depend on how motivated we are. We don't have a lot to play for Dallas needs the game. I think we are better than Dallas plain and simple and will win the game. We are better on offense we are better on D and we are better on Special Teams.

It has taken Opie and Jerry 4 years to put the ball in Murrays hands not Romo's. I think we make Romo beat us Witten isn't the same our LB's can run with him. Williams is a one trick pony, Beasly could be a problem but you take Dez away as much as possible we come out with the W.