Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Callin 'em Out (Week 8)

Superman

Werner

Can I ask why? He is definitely doing well now and seems like he's having a legit breakout. I called him out last week and he's had 3 games with at least 1 sack. I think Werner is turning into one of our best defensive players, not someone to call out or prove themselves anymore.

Oh, and also the pass rush. We have to get Big Ben down. We'll get to him no question, but we have to bring him down.

One of the best ever to avoid sacks.

But sometimes not bringing him down works in the defense's favor. They showed a stat Monday night when they played Houston how when Ben holds the ball he usually leads that to a turnover

I'm calling out Donte Moncrief. Time to show why we took you in this draft and prove you are Reggie's future replacement. A stat line that I would like is 5 catches for 50 yds and a td. Need to get at least 2 of those 3 requirements met on Sunday.

so what if he gets 5 catches for -30 yards and a touchdown?

It Nick's time to shine. 

Not sure why so many believe we will hand the role of Reggie Wayne to Moncrief. Maybe it is wishful thinking by a few fans. Not sure. Although Moncrief will naturally see additional playing time in 3 wide sets. 

Nick's should get the majority of snaps from Reggie's spot, and he has to step up. This is what Nick's came to Indy for. He wanted to show his worth to the NFL. He will not get a better opportunity than this. Lace the football with money so Nick's can have a big day. Fail to produced this Sunday and there is a good looking rookie who is eager to move up in this offense. This is the most important game Nick's will have as a Colt. He will not get a redo.  

Moncrief and Nicks. With Reggie down, one of them is going to have to show up. Especially Nicks. He's going against very average corners in Pittsburgh, there's no reason he shouldn't go off (unless Hilton and Allen steal the show....again).

RBs- The fumbles have got to stop. You're not always going to catch breaks and still win. We need to sustain our drives or Pitt. will take advantage.

Luck-Those dangerous throws will not fly against Polamalu. One slightly overthrown pass can easily turn into 7 for the other team.

Nicks. I believe Hakeem still has it, and I think he knows this is as real as it gets. If Moncrief outshines him he'll be the #4 all year. I think Nicks has a big game this week.

If Nicks continues his trajectory, it could cost him millions. We need him to appear. He needs himself to appear.

Quick question:

Don't the Colts have to make a decision on Stanley Havili soon, PUP is 6 weeks then you can practice for an additional two weeks before making a final decision.

But Havili hasn't practiced or nothing. Shouldn't they have to cut him/put him on IR/ or activate him by now? Just curious

If Nicks continues his trajectory, it could cost him millions. We need him to appear. He needs himself to appear.

yea i think this game will show if nicks just hasn't been getting open or if he just hasn't been involved in the game plan as much....the preseason game against the giants shows that he can be the nicks of old...if he shows out in this game..i'm hoping pep uses him more...

Quick question:

Don't the Colts have to make a decision on Stanley Havili soon, PUP is 6 weeks then you can practice for an additional two weeks before making a final decision.

But Havili hasn't practiced or nothing. Shouldn't they have to cut him/put him on IR/ or activate him by now? Just curious

Thread just got created on him by another forum member. I say cut him and activate Demps

Havili isn't on the 53 so you would have to cut someone else to bring Demps up

Ohh, that's how that works. Well even better, easier to cut him then.

I really don't see a need for him

Pep has finally been doing what we've all been calling for and that's using the TE's if you want a FB. There's no reason to have a legit FB on our roster with the offense we have

And personally, I prefer the one back sets more anyway. At least it's not as obvious when you run the ball as it would be if you brought in a FB

Nicks as usual.......Dan Herron if Richardson is out....Make the coaching staff have to sit Trent for you!

I don't know why people have been calling Nicks out, as we haven't needed him, but in this game, I think we will. I assume he'll start on the outside, and we'll use Hilton as the slot guy. So Nicks needs to get some separation, and he needs to play big.