Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw is available.....and we should get him...(merge)

dear god!!

Every team has a 53 man roster, except for the Colts. We seem to have a limitless roster since we want to sign every free agent, regardless of their health, age, or production.

every player who is released will receive a theard here? Dear God...

Ugh, these complainer posts. You can CLEARLY tell by the title what it's about. Don't click if you don't like the topic, simple as that. If you want people to stop posting threads about free agents in a FREE AGENCY and draft thread, you need to just stop reading the topics.

Ugh, these complainer posts. You can CLEARLY tell by the title what it's about. Don't click if you don't like the topic, simple as that. If you want people to stop posting threads about free agents in a FREE AGENCY and draft thread, you need to just stop reading the topics.

No, no, no, Sometimes it's necessary to let people know just how bad an idea is and clearly there have been many bad idea's here lately. 

No, no, no, Sometimes it's necessary to let people know just how bad an idea is and clearly there have been many bad idea's here lately. 

Not just bad ideas.....REALLLLLLLY BAD ONES!!!!  4 threads on the Kelley signing alone....and the guy is a total unknown....every big WR is not a hero....

He's good but not great as he used to be. I'd take him for a veteran minimum contract.

vet minimum contract are you kidding me? he was released because of money. nobody would ever come to indy for a vet minimum contract. he is 26 about to be 27 in march it aint like he is 32 or something. only reason i wouldn't sign him is because of his nagging foot injury and he is going to want some money. even peyton hillis had signed a 1 yr contract with the Chiefs for 3million last year

not a bad idea at all. Although i want us to get lacey (out of pure bias) but thus is in the fact he wouldn't just be clogging up a roster soot, he actually will be contributing as a kr

No thanks. Lacy is overrated, he's running behind a better OL than we have against much worse competition. Not to mention we'd have to take him higher than he is worth.

you mean like you have before?

The Giants released Bradshaw earlier today. He averaged 4.6 yards per carry over his career with the Giants.

Bradshaw is the best blocking RB in the league and I think would be a solid addition to split carries with Ballard if Brown weren't to return.

He's 26 years old and has only missed 7 games over the past 4 seasons. 

An area for concern is that he broke his foot Week 16 of the season. This could undoubtedly affect his ability. But to what extent, I'm not sure.

The last contract he signed with the Giants was 4 years for $18 million.

With him coming off an in injury it's possible that he could sign for significantly less than that though.

This might remove a need to draft a RB in the later rounds.

Thoughts?

He has to clear waiver first doesn't he? (or is he tenured enough that he is exempt)? While he has only missed 7 games, he has played a lot at less than full strength. I don't see a backfield with D.B., V.B., and A. B.

He is interesting at that price, but not really interested in a one year experiment. 

He said that it shouldn't affect him, but of course he's going to say that. A broken foot is kind of a big deal for a RB that's the area for concern with him.

He's known to be a tough guy who plays through injury.  He may not be able to pass a physical for a while.  It will be interesting to see if he clears waivers.

I for one like Bradshaw. He seems to run hard and fight for extra yards, plus seems to be pretty good in the passing game. Obviously the foot can cause you to shy away along with the fact that we have other team needs.. But I wouldn't be against bringing him in on a production based contract

I think he's definitely worth a shot at the right price. He was more productive last season than any back we have on this roster.

"The decision likely goes beyond the financial. Bradshaw was seen in New Orleans on a motorized scooter wearing a walking boot after undergoing another procedure on his right foot two weeks ago. Bradshaw has had the right foot operated on at least three times, to go with procedures on his left foot and both ankles.

Despite that, Bradshaw was a productive player for the Giants who will be forever remembered for his accidental game-winning touchdown run against the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI. In 14 games last season, Bradshaw finished with 1,015 yards and six touchdowns on 221 rushes, averaging 4.6 yards per carry."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136804/article/new-york-giants-release-ahmad-bradshaw-chris-canty

Bradshaw does a little bit of everything. He can be a bruiser, but he's also swift of foot too.

He's got a good bit more speed than Ballard. He's fast enough to take some of those same runs

to the house that Ballard was getting chased down on.

I'd definitely get rid of Delone Carter for Bradshaw. Backfield would have a nice ring to it!

Bradshaw, Ballard, and Brown. Better Business Bureau BBB

If that was a video it's not showing up on the forum. I've seen several people today who have posted videos that show nothing but a blank space.

Oh no sorry, I went to hit like on your post and I accidentally hit the quote button and hit submit for some reason without thinking. They should have an option for deleting posts within 5 minutes of posting. I seem to do this a lot. haha