Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw is available.....and we should get him...(merge)

Bradshaw does a little bit of everything. He can be a bruiser, but he's also swift of foot too.

He's got a good bit more speed than Ballard. He's fast enough to take some of those same runs

to the house that Ballard was getting chased down on.

I'd definitely get rid of Delone Carter for Bradshaw. Backfield would have a nice ring to it!

Bradshaw, Ballard, and Brown. Better Business Bureau BBB

I guess the only other thing left would be to add a 4th B in the name of Reggie Bush!

Bush,Brown,Ballard, and Bradshaw

Okay I'm getting ahead of myself!

It would be cool if we could have it like that though. There wouldn't be anymore room left for Karim though. I'd like to keep him around if possible.......

Bradshaw does a little bit of everything. He can be a bruiser, but he's also swift of foot too.

He's got a good bit more speed than Ballard. He's fast enough to take some of those same runs

to the house that Ballard was getting chased down on.

I'd definitely get rid of Delone Carter for Bradshaw. Backfield would have a nice ring to it!

Bradshaw, Ballard, and Brown. Better Business Bureau BBB

The Killer B's

He's known to be a tough guy who plays through injury.  He may not be able to pass a physical for a while.  It will be interesting to see if he clears waivers.

If I understand it right he was released, not wavied.  Much like we released Manning.  He doesn't go through waviers but is free to explore any and every team he has interest in or that has interest in him.  Just like Manning's preview tour last year before he signed with Denver.

If I understand it right he was released, not wavied.  Much like we released manning.  He doesn't go through waviers but is free to explore any and every team he has interest in or that has interest in him.

You are correct. Players with more than four years in the league are vested. As soon as his paperwork cleared he could sign with anyone.

I'm still of the opinion that Grigson's mindset is going to be that he's not going to spend cash just because he has it. Ballard did fine for us last year and that cash could be better spent on an O-line to improve Ballard's production. Bradshaw is constantly injured and sees $3 mil annually. Bradshaw ran for 200 more yards than Ballard with more carries and a better O-line, but still doesn't warrant paying out that kind of cash in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers pick him up.

I'm still of the opinion that Grigson's mindset is going to be that he's not going to spend cash just because he has it. Ballard did fine for us last year and that cash could be better spent on an O-line to improve Ballard's production. Bradshaw is constantly injured and sees $3 mil annually. Bradshaw ran for 200 more yards than Ballard with more carries and a better O-line, but still doesn't warrant paying out that kind of cash in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers pick him up.

I agree, for yrs. I've been preaching RB's are a dime a dozen. They are not highly valued like they used to be yrs. ago. The key to a good running game is the O-line and not a RB. The Adrian Peterson's are far and very few between so signing free agent RB's is absolutely worthless IMO. They get injured way too often and have very short life spans in their playing career's.

When did I last do it? How many times? Link me to it. People like Balzer have posted in every free agent topic about how annoye they are by them. We get it.

I have my right to complain about them just as much as people do to post them. I can't help that people don't put a little more thought into these bad threads and think about how some of them are completely ridiculous and unrealistic(Im not talking about this one specifically). People think we need to sign every free agent WR in the league and it gets really old.

I have my right to complain about them just as much as people do to post them. I can't help that people don't put a little more thought into these bad threads and think about how some of them are completely ridiculous and unrealistic(Im not talking about this one specifically). People think we need to sign every free agent WR in the league and it gets really old.

Yeah but it's not like it's the same person posting every thread about each free agent...With the size of the colts fan base, it's reasonable to think that among us there is at least one fan of pretty much every player in the league.  So when any player gets released, there's probably going to be a colts fan that also likes that player and would like to see the colts pick that player up.  

You say "people think we need to sign every free agent" but that's simply not true.  Everyone doesn't think that we need to sign every FA, but there probably is going to be at least 1 person among the colts fan base that would like us to pick up any given FA and it's that person that posts the thread.  

I definitely see where you're coming from, it's easy to look down the list of threads, see a thread about pretty much every FA that comes available and think that "people" in general want us to pick up every single FA that hits the market, but the reality is that there are probably only a few people that are in favor of a particular FA.  So in each "we should pick up xxx FA" thread that you complain in, you're complaining about hundreds of threads created likely by hundreds of different people.  

Now if it were the same person posting each and every FA thread then I would agree with you 100%.

The Giants released Bradshaw earlier today. He averaged 4.6 yards per carry over his career with the Giants.

Bradshaw is the best blocking RB in the league and I think would be a solid addition to split carries with Ballard if Brown weren't to return.

He's 26 years old and has only missed 7 games over the past 4 seasons. 

An area for concern is that he broke his foot Week 16 of the season. This could undoubtedly affect his ability. But to what extent, I'm not sure.

The last contract he signed with the Giants was 4 years for $18 million.

With him coming off an in injury it's possible that he could sign for significantly less than that though.

This might remove a need to draft a RB in the later rounds.

Thoughts?

psssst.... http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/15404-ahmad-bradshaw-is-availableand-we-should-get-him/

jvan1973 quote: Why, if he is healthy?             

We need big young healthy long lasting elite available O-linemen not and questionable often injured RB when we have a healthy V.Ballard and a coming back D.Brown<Colts already know his injury, O-line upgrade to protect the Colts future for a long time to come Andrew Luck is MORE important...

Go Colts!!!!!

In Grigson I trust!!!!!

Yeah but it's not like it's the same person posting every thread about each free agent...With the size of the colts fan base, it's reasonable to think that among us there is at least one fan of pretty much every player in the league.  So when any player gets released, there's probably going to be a colts fan that also likes that player and would like to see the colts pick that player up.  

You say "people think we need to sign every free agent" but that's simply not true.  Everyone doesn't think that we need to sign every FA, but there probably is going to be at least 1 person among the colts fan base that would like us to pick up any given FA and it's that person that posts the thread.  

I definitely see where you're coming from, it's easy to look down the list of threads, see a thread about pretty much every FA that comes available and think that "people" in general want us to pick up every single FA that hits the market, but the reality is that there are probably only a few people that are in favor of a particular FA.  So in each "we should pick up xxx FA" thread that you complain in, you're complaining about hundreds of threads created likely by hundreds of different people.  

Now if it were the same person posting each and every FA thread then I would agree with you 100%.

I said people think we need to sign every FA WR in the league. I have no problem with people posting about FA's in general and especially the one's that would make much more sense for our team. Some people also think that just because a person disagree's with a certain FA and explains why, then that person is complaining.

I think some FA's that are suggested don't even fit our system and or scheme's. This is also why I have shot down some of the names mentioned. If we are going to drop big money on FA's it certainly won't be for players that have no familiarity with a 3-4 defense and we won't bring them in to change their position and hope they can play the new position. It doesn't make sense.

Yes, I will admit that the WR threads drive me crazy and suggesting signing over the hill players is kind of silly IMO too. We may not be completely set at WR, but I think if we do add one it will be through the draft or it will be a young guy that is really just coming into his own and it won't be a big name guy that will cost upwards of 10+ million per season.

I guess the only other thing left would be to add a 4th B in the name of Reggie Bush!

Bush,Brown,Ballard, and Bradshaw

Okay I'm getting ahead of myself!

It would be cool if we could have it like that though. There wouldn't be anymore room left for Karim though. I'd like to keep him around if possible.......

If we didn't have to over pay for Reggie Bush, I would be ALLLLL about it. That type of versatility would really help take some pressure off Luck. Honestly for the cost of Bush, I really believe we stick with Brown, he really started to show some great speed and potential!

Well said.....

I said people think we need to sign every FA WR in the league. I have no problem with people posting about FA's in general and especially the one's that would make much more sense for our team. Some people also think that just because a person disagree's with a certain FA and explains why, then that person is complaining.

I think some FA's that are suggested don't even fit our system and or scheme's. This is also why I have shot down some of the names mentioned. If we are going to drop big money on FA's it certainly won't be for players that have no familiarity with a 3-4 defense and we won't bring them in to change their position and hope they can play the new position. It doesn't make sense.

Yes, I will admit that the WR threads drive me crazy and suggesting signing over the hill players is kind of silly IMO too. We may not be completely set at WR, but I think if we do add one it will be through the draft or it will be a young guy that is really just coming into his own and it won't be a big name guy that will cost upwards of 10+ million per season.

But Ahmad Bradshaw is a RB?

We all have things that drive us nutz.  :nutz:  For me, it is members who make one long post without using any paragraphs.

Lately, it seems to be the "lets sign this player" threads that drive some of you crazy.

I must say that I agree with Nobody.  If you don't like a thread, just ignore it.  It's not like the Colts are going to go after a certain player just because one or more us thinks they should.

Also, I have noticed in the past that some (not all) of those who complain the most rarely start a thread themselves. 

So at this time of the year when there is little else to talk about, rather than complain about a thread(s); it would be great if you could find a topic that you find more interesting for discussion. 

I for one, like to read the posts about possible new players. I have a little knowledge but I'm not sure who would be good for us or not. This discussion is enlightening with facts and information that I might otherwise find out but then again I have limited knowledge. So, interesting to me , might be boring or stupid to someone else.

Franco Harris cleared waivers.....he would be an 'immaculate catch....errr...reception....'  :funny:

OK...Bradshaw.....lets stay young.....draft one.....and there is a guy named Deji Karim that made us Happy...Happy...Happy....at the end of the year... :)

Brother your right IMO Bradshaw is nothing special,

jvan1973 quote: Why, if he is healthy?             

We need big young healthy long lasting elite available O-linemen not and questionable often injured RB when we have a healthy V.Ballard and a coming back D.Brown<Colts already know his injury, O-line upgrade to protect the Colts future for a long time to come Andrew Luck is MORE important...

Go Colts!!!!!

In Grigson I trust!!!!!

Bradshaw has only missed 7 games in 4 years. Pretty reasonable for RB standards. Not to mention that Bradshaw is THE best blocking RB in the league. It'd be like having 6 O-linemen.

Bradshaw has only missed 7 games in 4 years. Pretty reasonable for RB standards. Not to mention that Bradshaw is THE best blocking RB in the league. It'd be like having 6 O-linemen.

Some people don't realize you can add running backs to this offense, and not miss out on O lineman either. If things are structured properly you can do both things. Sometimes the perception is like we need to go out and get 10 lineman, when the reality is we probably only need about 2 or 3 and they don't all have to be free agent lineman who are commanding major dollars. Personally, I think we could add a guy like Bradshaw to our rbbc without breaking the bank. There will still be room to improve the team.

The Giants released Bradshaw earlier today. He averaged 4.6 yards per carry over his career with the Giants.

Bradshaw is the best blocking RB in the league and I think would be a solid addition to split carries with Ballard if Brown weren't to return.

He's 26 years old and has only missed 7 games over the past 4 seasons. 

An area for concern is that he broke his foot Week 16 of the season. This could undoubtedly affect his ability. But to what extent, I'm not sure.

The last contract he signed with the Giants was 4 years for $18 million.

With him coming off an in injury it's possible that he could sign for significantly less than that though.

This might remove a need to draft a RB in the later rounds.

Thoughts?

As long as he is healthy I'd consider him a pretty big upgrade over Carter and a good role model for Ballard, but Carter has an advantage over Bradshaw in that he is very cheap right now. I'd like to keep Brown as a change of pace.

I'm not a big fan of Carter's, mostly because of his trouble holding on to the ball, but I don't think that the Colts want to spend money at RB with so many needs... I could be wrong because it does look like Bradshaw might come pretty cheaply for a fairly young and durable back.

Some people don't realize you can add running backs to this offense, and not miss out on O lineman either. If things are structured properly you can do both things. Sometimes the perception is like we need to go out and get 10 lineman, when the reality is we probably only need about 2 or 3 and they don't all have to be free agent lineman who are commanding major dollars. Personally, I think we could add a guy like Bradshaw to our rbbc without breaking the bank. There will still be room to improve the team.

The thing is, RB isn't anywhere even close to a priority signing. RB's are NOT valued very much anymore unless your name is Adrian Peterson. They are a dime a dozen and every team knows this now. There are probably 100 different guys available this yr. alone that could bring the same skill set as Bradshaw. We proved last yr. you could draft a guy that a lot of people never even heard of later in the draft and make him look decent, even with one of the worst o-lines ever assembled. So unless a guy has elite talent, there just isn't any need to pay a guy more money when you can draft a guy late in the draft and pay next to nothing.

The thing is, RB isn't anywhere even close to a priority signing. RB's are NOT valued very much anymore unless your name is Adrian Peterson. They are a dime a dozen and every team knows this now. There are probably 100 different guys available this yr. alone that could bring the same skill set as Bradshaw. We proved last yr. you could draft a guy that a lot of people never even heard of later in the draft and make him look decent, even with one of the worst o-lines ever assembled. So unless a guy has elite talent, there just isn't any need to pay a guy more money when you can draft a guy late in the draft and pay next to nothing.

The key with my statement was if the deal could be structured in a price friendly way, I think he would add value to our running back corps. I agree with you in saying there are other young backs you could pick up. Some of the other things I like about Bradshaw which brings more value is he's a still young himself, good leader, tough runner while having good speed, and he's played in multiple Super Bowls. I like the experience and potential championship mentality he would possibly bring to our young offense. The downside with him are the ankle and foot injuries. But hey, he played in 14 games last year. That's more than Donald Brown has ever played.

The key with my statement was if the deal could be structured in a price friendly way, I think he would add value to our running back corps. I agree with you in saying there are other young backs you could pick up. Some of the other things I like about Bradshaw which brings more value is he's a still young himself, good leader, tough runner while having good speed, and he's played in multiple Super Bowls. I like the experience and potential championship mentality he would possibly bring to our young offense. The downside with him are the ankle and foot injuries. But hey, he played in 14 games last year. That's more than Donald Brown has ever played.

Well, I just have a thing against RB's, I'll gladly admit that. I think it is the absolute most over rated position in football. IMO with a good O-line, you could take literally any college RB and make him a serviceable RB in the NFL. If it were my money to spend(and obviously it's not) I would never sign a free agent RB, unless of course you had a shot at a young Adrian Peterson and even then, I wouldn't sign him for more than a few yrs.. They are just so unreliable and injury prone that dropping any money on them at all is a liability IMO.

Well, I just have a thing against RB's, I'll gladly admit that. I think it is the absolute most over rated position in football. IMO with a good O-line, you could take literally any college RB and make him a serviceable RB in the NFL. If it were my money to spend(and obviously it's not) I would never sign a free agent RB, unless of course you had a shot at a young Adrian Peterson and even then, I wouldn't sign him for more than a few yrs.. They are just so unreliable and injury prone that dropping any money on them at all is a liability IMO.

Agree with this. Deep draft too for RB.  Bradshaw is old and banged up.

^^Agree ..... Seems like their are more quality running backs found in later rounds or undrafted every year; and I think there would be even more if some starting RBs were not obtained using high draft picks which causes teams feel they have to give them more chances to start than their talent warrants.  RBs that are true game changers like AP are the exception, and not the rule (even for high drafted ones).

• 2 weeks later...

I think you guys need to check this Bradshaw video out.  The guy is a bulldog and can do it all.  The guy ran for over 100 yards against the 49ers last year and 200 against the Browns.  He obviously still has a lot of fire in him and he plays even when he's hurt.

He would be a great asset to this team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WmE6XmGb74

He's only 26 years old.