Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andy

Tom Telesco Officially Chargers' GM (edit)

70 posts in this topic

Tom Telesco is the VP of football operations for the Colts. It's down to him and Jimmy Raye (Chargers' director of player personnel). Telesco is the favorite supposedly (ESPN Rumours).

Anyways, if Telesco is the GM, who do you think would be right at the top of his list for HC: Big Bad Bruce. He obviously has a familiarity with him, and Arians had that great 9-3 record this year. Bruce was being considered as the next HC even before any Telesco-GM talks arose.

Just some news I thought I'd share with you guys.

I wish them both good luck. Just not Andrew Luck type of good luck, if you know what I mean.

I say good luck to him. He deserves it. If BA goes then good luck to him as well. 

without luck they'll need a lot of luck

I'd prefer not to lose Telesco. He does his job extremely well for us.

5 people like this

Arians would make sense.  I wouldn't rule out Lovie Smith either.  While Telesco didn't work with Smith he worked with Dungy and Smith is off the Dungy coaching tree. 

1 person likes this

I'd prefer not to lose Telesco. He does his job extremely well for us.

I agree, but I think he deserves his shot, and I'm happy for him.

Arians would make sense.  I wouldn't rule out Lovie Smith either.  While Telesco didn't work with Smith he worked with Dungy and Smith is off the Dungy coaching tree. 

Hmmmm....Dungy out of retirement to live in San Diego? Mrs. Dungy might agree to that.

Hmmmm....Dungy out of retirement to live in San Diego? Mrs. Dungy might agree to that.

idont know if he will get Dungy he is one of the few that I think retired and meant it.

I don't want to lose Telesco either, but he deserves a shot if he wants it.

I feel Telesco has been a little bit overlooked with the Colts.  He is the last of the Polian guys....other than I guess Clyde 'Dial the Magic' Christenson.   :spit:

I like BA and love Telesco, but if SanDiego is their calling the Chargers have called 2 good men!!!!

With all of the changes coming with the Colts, adding a new OC and VP of operations adds to the fun!!!  It has been an awesome year for our Colts, and this off season will be a great ride as well.  With Grigs and Pagano "Rolling up their sleeves for Round 2!!!!  Next step toward the annual Monster!  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!!!!

2 people like this

Wouldn't that be weird if we traded Bruce for Norv.

Don't go Tom! I can see him leaving though, since he got passed up for the GM job here. :(

1 person likes this

Don't go Tom! I can see him leaving though, since he got passed up for the GM job here. :(

I am not a Norv fan....hate seeing that glum face at the podium after a loss.....

This is going to make it interesting when/if things go down.......gonna be fun for us!  :)

1 person likes this

I am not a Norv fan....hate seeing that glum face at the podium after a loss.....

This is going to make it interesting when/if things go down.......gonna be fun for us!   :)

I've went from liking Arians, to not liking him, now back to hoping that he turns down any HC gig he might get offered. If I knew for sure that Grigson wouldn't offer the job to Clyde, I wouldn't mind Arians moving on, but it scares me to death to think that Clyde could get the OC job.

4 people like this

I've went from liking Arians, to not liking him, now back to hoping that he turns down any HC gig he might get offered. If I knew for sure that Grigson wouldn't offer the job to Clyde, I wouldn't mind Arians moving on, but it scares me to death to think that Clyde could get the OC job.

I know EXACTLY what you mean.  I feel the same way. :D

2 people like this

I agree with you and Jason.....if BA is not here, we need fresh blood in here...not Clyde.  For those that like him...he is a good man....just not my OC.  Jim Caldwell was a great guy too......:)

Kinda like we traded Caldwell for Pagano heck we even tossed in Painter as a bonus and they didn't want him either lol.

1 person likes this

Looking like it's official in SD -- Adam Schefter is reporting that Telesco is back in SD, and they are supposed to announce their new GM today.

Bitter sweet. I wish Tom the best in San Diego, and I think it's a really good fit. (By the way, this makes two Polian disciples to get GM gigs this season, and neither of them are his sons.)

I wonder what we do to replace him.

Tom was great, but I'd imagine that he knows Grigson is gonna be here for a while. I wonder if Grigson has anyone in mind for VP of Ops.

Good luck Tom, just don't poach the coaching staff/front office too much!

Chargers got a great general manager. Good luck to Tom.

Bitter sweet. I wish Tom the best in San Diego, and I think it's a really good fit. (By the way, this makes two Polian disciples to get GM gigs this season, and neither of them are his sons.)

I wonder what we do to replace him.

who is the other?

I would say "good luck" if they weren'tgoing to San Diego! I wish them all the best personally, but if they do both go the the Chargers then I wish them all the worst "football luck" possible.... I strongly dislike those guys (for obvious reasons) :thmdown:

1 person likes this

In all seriousness what did Telesco do for the Colts last year and this year?  How does the  VP of fb operations differ from the GM?

Is it time to bring Jeff Saturday back to fill this role?

Why do you all assume that Telesco views Bruce Arains as the best choice for the head coaching job ? His main objective is to win , not give the job to someone he knows well. Fact is Arains was never given big consideration for a head coaching job and he's now 60. I just don't think Arains is a slam dunk at this point in time.

Saturday might make a good line Coach or Union Official.

Be a really bad deal/timing to lose this guy and Arians in year one.