Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowglobe

If tebow comes to the Jags next year

77 posts in this topic

I'd love for someone (other than Houston) to give him a chance to be an NFL QB.

I've heard all the, "He's not an NFL QB." stuff, but my eyeball tells me that's not entirely correct. Yes he needed some help from a stout Denver defense, but he won 8 games for the Broncos, making some hellacious throws to do it & he beat the Steelers in the play-offs, & I believe that was the #1 defense in the league.

Is he prototypical? No. Is he perfect? No.

But some people gave Sanchez 4 years before they figured out he's not an NFL Starting QB. Blain Gabbert got a year & change. John Skelton started more games in 2012 than Tebow. Brady Quin started a few games in 2012..... I mean there are some bad QBs in this league & Tebow is more deserving a start than many of them.

1 person likes this

The Jaguars are probably going with Henne next year. Or they'll draft someone else. If they wanted Tebow they would have had him this season. Tebow is going to be traded off somewhere else.

1 person likes this

The Jaguars are probably going with Henne next year. Or they'll draft someone else. If they wanted Tebow they would have had him this season. Tebow is going to be traded off somewhere else.

The jags tried to get him. Tebow wanted to go to new York. The reports were Jacksonville offered more for him than the jets did

2 people like this

The jags tried to get him. Tebow wanted to go to new York. The reports were Jacksonville offered more for him than the jets did

True, but from what I heard, the coaching staff did not want him, ownership did, and it was to fill seats. Rex Ryan actually wanted Tebow even though he had a starter...and Tebow wanted a staff that wanted him. It doesn't look like that worked out very well though.

jags did want him, tebow didnt want to go to jacksonville.

jags did want him, tebow didnt want to go to jacksonville.

I'll just refer to my post above you hahaha. We posted at the same time.

Colts are in some serious trouble

lol omg i havent laughed so hard in a very long time. Colts were already suppose to be in trouble and finish at the bottom of the division this year.

1 person likes this

Serious trouble, he is the wind beneath his wings, he is the dark knight that rises. He is Mario and Luigi, his abs glisten in the rain like a waterfall drifting over giant perfectly carved rocks on top of a mountain. He is the Richard to his Simmons, The Best of the Best 3.

Tim Tebow was bit by a thousand King Cobras, two hours later in excruciating pain, those King Cobras died.

Yes, it would be over. It would be over for the NFL with Tebow and Blackmon. Mutiple superbowl titles in a row with ease as they steamroll their opponents by triple digit victories.

Not only should the NFL be taken by storm, cowering in fear that Tebow joined the Jags, but so should the entire world.

PS

Just my two cents

He is the child of the unstoppable force and the immovable object.

2 people like this

On Tebow's passport, his nationality is stated as "Tebow".

1 person likes this

On Tebow's passport, his nationality is stated as "Tebow".

His middle name is 'Christ'.

2 people like this

i can see tebow going to the chiefs

His middle name is 'Christ'.

Jesus credits Tebow for mankinds salvation....

1 person likes this

Tebow is a ten-foot tall beast man, who showers in vodka, and feeds his baby shrimp scampi.

i can see tebow going to the chiefs

Me too, but only if they don't clean house. New head coaches tend to want to start over with rookie QBs of their own choosing. Tebow and Charles could be a good combo.

Me too, but only if they don't clean house. New head coaches tend to want to start over with rookie QBs of their own choosing. Tebow and Charles could be a good combo.

plus I bet he'd love to stick it to the broncos twice a year haha

1 person likes this

Yes he is!!!!!!  That reminds me I need to change my signature, thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!!

:monkeydance:

Jesus credits Tebow for mankinds salvation....

Tebow incarnated himself as a man to play football for our sins.

2 people like this

Serious trouble, he is the wind beneath his wings, he is the dark knight that rises. He is Mario and Luigi, his abs glisten in the rain like a waterfall drifting over giant perfectly carved rocks on top of a mountain. He is the Richard to his Simmons, The Best of the Best 3.

Tim Tebow was bit by a thousand King Cobras, two hours later in excruciating pain, those King Cobras died.

Yes, it would be over. It would be over for the NFL with Tebow and Blackmon. Mutiple superbowl titles in a row with ease as they steamroll their opponents by triple digit victories.

Not only should the NFL be taken by storm, cowering in fear that Tebow joined the Jags, but so should the entire world.

PS

Just my two cents

beat me to it
1 person likes this

I think he could be a solid RB or Wildcat QB.  He hasn't had the right coaches in New York.  In Denver, they ran some option stuff that he was comfortable using and he did decently.  The option stuff worked for Cam and is working for RG3, why not Tebow?  Wouldn't hurt to try

I agree with snowglobe. If Tebow started on the Jaguars next year, the Colts would have some legit competition for the AFC South title next year as the Texans and Titans battle for third.

Henne has had some quality games but I don't see them sticking with him. They should be head over heels trying to get Tebow to put fans in the seats.

If Tebow is allowed to go to a small market like the Jaguars....

1 person likes this

I think a lot will depend on where the HC carousel stops after the season finishes, as others have said if your the Chiefs and have the #1 pick and a new HC unlikely that this will go the Tebow route. Saying that is Geno Smith that much of a better option? 

Jags would be a good fit IMO and I do think he'd bring something to them, a combo of Tebow, MJD and a true deep/vertical threat in Blackmon isn't the worst spine to build an O on if the scheme is geared to suit. Of course the media market might not be big enough...... well until they move to LA! :P

I'd love for someone (other than Houston) to give him a chance to be an NFL QB.

I've heard all the, "He's not an NFL QB." stuff, but my eyeball tells me that's not entirely correct. Yes he needed some help from a stout Denver defense, but he won 8 games for the Broncos, making some hellacious throws to do it & he beat the Steelers in the play-offs, & I believe that was the #1 defense in the league.

Is he prototypical? No. Is he perfect? No.

But some people gave Sanchez 4 years before they figured out he's not an NFL Starting QB. Blain Gabbert got a year & change. John Skelton started more games in 2012 than Tebow. Brady Quin started a few games in 2012..... I mean there are some bad QBs in this league & Tebow is more deserving a start than many of them.

Did you actually say this with a straight face? Are you really Skip Bayless?

1 person likes this

IMO....Minnesota would probably be the best fit for Tim Tebow.

Teams have a hard enough time stopping Adrian Peterson with the full knowledge that he's getting the ball and with a marginal threat of the passing game under Christian Ponder.

You'd have the best RB in the NFL hands-down...one of the best running QBs in Tebow, whether you like him or not....and Percy Harvin who when healthy is as dangerous an offensive player with the ball in his hands as there is....and who doesn't require a 40-50 yd rifle shot from his QB to do serious damage. And there is also Kyle Rudolph....a pretty solid up and coming TE.

With NFC North rival defenses more geared towards stopping each others track-meet style passing attacks, the Vikings with Tebow running the option with AP and Percy Harvin, (a team mate of his at Florida) as a short/medium pass option, could present a challenging twist for defenses.

Add the fact that Minnesota is far removed from the ridiculous, *ic, microscope of the New York media that loved to hate him....coached by the low-key Leslie Frazier....and I think the Vikings are the ideal spot for Tebow, if there is one.

1 person likes this

I still don't understand why the Jets don't start Tebow. The Sanchez project is obviously failing.

It's probably because Jets OC Sparano can't figure out how to tailor his offense around Tebow like Denver's OC McCoy did.

Colts are in some serious trouble

Still waiting on your first relevant, insightful post.

1 person likes this

They did offer a better 4th round pick than that of the Jets but the Jets' recruitment pitch appealed to Tebow more and he thought he had a better shot out there to be starter. Elway gave him a choice and Tebow chose. Turns out Tebow was wrong.

IMO....Minnesota would probably be the best fit for Tim Tebow.

Teams have a hard enough time stopping Adrian Peterson with the full knowledge that he's getting the ball and with a marginal threat of the passing game under Christian Ponder.

You'd have the best RB in the NFL hands-down...one of the best running QBs in Tebow, whether you like him or not....and Percy Harvin who when healthy is as dangerous an offensive player with the ball in his hands as there is....and who doesn't require a 40-50 yd rifle shot from his QB to do serious damage. And there is also Kyle Rudolph....a pretty solid up and coming TE.

With NFC North rival defenses more geared towards stopping each others track-meet style passing attacks, the Vikings with Tebow running the option with AP and Percy Harvin, (a team mate of his at Florida) as a short/medium pass option, could present a challenging twist for defenses.

Add the fact that Minnesota is far removed from the ridiculous, *ic, microscope of the New York media that loved to hate him....coached by the low-key Leslie Frazier....and I think the Vikings are the ideal spot for Tebow, if there is one.

I never thought of it that way. With the dearth of receiving options for Ponder, it makes a ton of sense.

Peterson FF lovers may not like it though. :)

1 person likes this

I'd give Tebow a chance with the Colts...as a RB/FB/H back. If he'd concede he's not exactly a QB at he NFL, I bet multiple teams would give him a chance.

I don't feel sorry for mant pro athletes but I do for Tebow. The worst thing that could have happened to him was to go to New York, Sanchez or no Sanchez. I don't like the east coast fans like Boston, Philly and NY because I'm too midwest farmboy type, like Tebow. He is in my opinion washed up and was when he left Denver. His story is simple, he is not a QB but was drafted as one.

I still don't understand why the Jets don't start Tebow. The Sanchez project is obviously failing.

It's probably because Jets OC Sparano can't figure out how to tailor his offense around Tebow like Denver's OC McCoy did.

Uh, because he's not a quarterback. The Broncos only kept him on because of the circus that developed around him. They didn't dump him because of Manning, they SOUGHT Manning because Tebow. Ryan was apparently forced to accept Tebow on the team, but at least he was smart enough not to open the door to the clown car.