Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster moves 12.11.2012 (merge)

HungarianColtsFan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevis added nice depth....Powers was a 'toe' injury........

Just read the "Colts adjust roster" article on Colts.com, and it is very matter of fact. Just their statistics listed....nothing about their injuries. I am feel as some here that we may indeed have seen the last of Powers and Nevis.

I have been amazed we have moved so many people off of the practice squad this year and Kyle Miller was still there. Here is his chance. The only time I saw him he was missing blocks...the worst being the one on one drill being leveled like a Mack truck by IR LB Scot Lutrus.....good luck Kyle....you caught some passes at Mount Union...so did Garcon...he dropped some too.....just sayin'....good luck. :cheers: TE in the Arians offense is no piece of :cake::) Go :colts: :colts: :colts: !!!

He is supposed to be very hard to move, Period. Doesn`t penetrate/pass rush so much, but an Excellent/Superior anchor at the college level.

He can take up 2 blockers, freeing up the LB`s.

The thing is, the blockers at the NFL level are probably going to be as big or bigger than him, we will see how it translates to the NFL.

Thanks..I'm not bashing him..I just know little about him....

..again...a vet has no reason to talk up a rookie unless he can do something...and we need a run-stopper. Alabama? He's played pro already :goodluck:

hopefully you cant hide from the intensified Tide...

You probably already know that he played most of last season on a torn ACL. They had him sit out the Georgia Southern game, and gave up a ton of rushing yards. He's not much of a pass rusher but if they ease him in, he may be a real help in our run D in the future.

This means we HAVE to go after Stanford Routte right?!

Tough loss to take, not because of talent but because of CB depth.

Also this means I have to see Vaughn do his dumb "ain't catching that around me" waves with his arms and head after the WR drops a ball or gets over thrown by the qb as if he had any barring on the play.

To all.... explain to me the significance of Josh Chapman..above any other untested rookie

How good do you think he is?

He should be better then Antonio Johnson, the guy is a true nose tackle, he bench presses 600 pounds, he should be requiring double teams and constant attention from offensive linemen. We are also 1 nose tackle and 1 cornerback away from being something special, so that's why we are all anxious

Nevis added nice depth....Powers was a 'toe' injury........

Just read the "Colts adjust roster" article on Colts.com, and it is very matter of fact. Just their statistics listed....nothing about their injuries. I am feel as some here that we may indeed have seen the last of Powers and Nevis.

I have been amazed we have moved so many people off of the practice squad this year and Kyle Miller was still there. Here is his chance. The only time I saw him he was missing blocks...the worst being the one on one drill being leveled like a Mack truck by IR LB Scot Lutrus.....good luck Kyle....you caught some passes at Mount Union...so did Garcon...he dropped some too.....just sayin'....good luck. :cheers: TE in the Arians offense is no piece of :cake::) Go :colts: :colts: :colts: !!!

Some of this is repetitious....I posted the article that was on Colts.com.......help me understand just the stats...this was the post on Nobody's thread: Sorry there is some repetition. :)

I just posted in HCF's thread...if you read the Colts article it is so matter of fact on he AND Nevis

I am shocked Kyle Miller was still on the PS after the TE shuffles.....

I am not a Powers hater.....but I now doubt he is back.... Article just seems like SEEYA! :goodluck::scratch::dunno::thinking: You guys tell me what this read means to you......

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/COLTS-ADJUST-ROSTER/f6c986b6-2840-4ea0-b002-995511c5db33

Edited by BrentMc11

He should be better then Antonio Johnson, the guy is a true nose tackle, he bench presses 600 pounds, he should be requiring double teams and constant attention from offensive linemen. We are also 1 nose tackle and 1 cornerback away from being something special, so that's why we are all anxious

SHOULD BE.......and we all have that expectation. We do need to recognize Mookie for continuous improvement. The man has played hard!!! :blueshoe: :blueshoe: :blueshoe:

Jerraud was placed on IR.

:facepalm:

Hello, Tom Brady. Come feast on our D.

I guarantee you if he was healthy and in this game Tom would throw his way all day long, and burn us completely.

One decent game like weeks and weeks ago now doesn't negate the pretty steady awful play from this dude. He isn't worth standing up for.

Josh Chapman is activated. Drake Nevis and Jerraud Power are placed on IR, Kyle Miller elevated from PS to active roster.

See here:

http://blogs.colts.c...ory/colts-blog/

I wonder what type of toe injury is forcing him(powers) to be on IR? Sometimes I think these injuries are not always season ending, but if the team feels a certain way about a player they just designate the injury as season ending. I'm not totally sure, but I started questioning some of this stuff when they put Kerry Collins on IR last year with a concussion. Who's ever heard of a season ending concussion? Especially when the concussion happened around the 3rd or 4th game of last year!

I'm not totally sure, but I just thought I might put it on the floor for discussion.

I wonder what type of toe injury is forcing him(powers) to be on IR? Sometimes I think these injuries are not always season ending, but if the team feels a certain way about a player they just designate the injury as season ending.

His effort and overall CB play put him on IR. lol

Hopefully he makes a full recovery, sad to see him out for the year. I dunno what the future holds for him as far as being with the Colts is concerned but unfortunately for him Butler is an upgrade even if not a huge one

What's your thoughts on Nevis going to the IR?

Blame Colts.com. They often write "fluff" pieces about our players, but in the Chapman articles, they quoted Manusky, Grigson and Arians talking this guy up. THEY were the ones bragging, not us fans. Of course, we all hoped he would be a good player, but they made the mistake of getting our hopes up. They said he was 2nd round talent. They said he threw a 345 lb lineman around like a ragdoll in practice along with the video footage. They said he plays with a nasty disposition. They said he was a prototype for the position. They said he was tough for playing hurt...that he was a leader of that Alabama defense. Now, how many rookies have we EVER had that have been talked up like that?? Bob Sanders is the last one I remember. Dungy and Polian kept going on and on about how he was a difference maker. So, that is what I am expecting to see.

I reckon that'll be the last we see of Powers here in Indy. Nice to see Chapman activated.

Yeah I agree on Powers. Unless he resigns for a cheap contract, he's not coming back. He is a nickel corner at best in our new system. We need to find a long term solution at the other starting CB spot opposite Vontae Davis in the offseason.

I guarantee you if he was healthy and in this game Tom would throw his way all day long, and burn us completely.

One decent game like weeks and weeks ago now doesn't negate the pretty steady awful play from this dude. He isn't worth standing up for.

I agree he has not played well for whatever reason... and if it's injury...

Colt fans are tired of that excuse...

Yeah I agree on Powers. Unless he resigns for a cheap contract, he's not coming back. He is a nickel corner at best in our new system. We need to find a long term solution at the other starting CB spot opposite Vontae Davis in the offseason.

Any one hear anything on when Vontae is coming back.