Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Camp Notes

atapcl

First team OL this morning was Lickenbach at LT, Seth Olsen at LG, Satele at c, McGlynn at RG and Justice at RT. Costanzo and Ijalana are still nursing injuries. Maola at DE, Redding at DE and Johnson at NT was the DL. Thomas and Powers are still manning the CBs. Luck was imperssive. Allen worked as the TE with the first team with Jones as the HB. Fleener was working with the second unit as was Reitz at G. Donald Brown was the starter at RB but rotated with Delone Carter. Hitting has not started but the surprise at camp so far seems to be Olsen in place of Reitz. When Ijalana gets healthy he may take the spot but it seems this puts Reitz in a precarius position.

Why Johnson at NT? Will Fleener be the #1 or #2 TE?

It's Tuesday. Allen has been there, Fleener has not (to my knowledge). Both are starters. As for Johnson...that is another good clue that we shouldn't read too much into who the starters are this early.

Interesting to see Allen over Fleener for first team tight end.

IMO its not a surprise, Coby and Andrew have been playing together for years. Having Harnish as Fleeners QB at camp might give the coaches a different look at Fleener. Maybe more importantly it helps Luck and Allen build some chemistry.

Notes on Andrew -

In the afternoon practiceTuesday, ALuck completed a combined 25-of-42 passes in 11-on-11 and 7-on-7 drills.

Luck very nearly had two interceptions in the afternoon practice, one by S TZbikowski and another by CB KThomas. Both were dropped.

Notes on Andrew -

In the afternoon practiceTuesday, ALuck completed a combined 25-of-42 passes in 11-on-11 and 7-on-7 drills.

Luck very nearly had two interceptions in the afternoon practice, one by S TZbikowski and another by CB KThomas. Both were dropped.

this guy is trash. we're doomed! (end sarcasm)

Aside from the rookie camp, this is Luck's first practice. I'm taking almost zero from this in Luck's case. QB is one of the harder transitions. I'm just interested in hearing how his chemistry with his receivers develops.

Olsen is an interesting guy to be plugged in. I remember him getting time against the Titans and getting destroyed and sent back to the bench. Maybe he practices well, and I'm aware some guys are injured. Nevertheless, I do wonder.

fleener missed the last three days of OTAs for school finals

I didn't know he missed the last three days. That probably explains why Allen has been with the first team so far. Nothing for either to worry about; Fleener and Allen are both locks to make the team.

Chapman's surgery wasn't until January, after the National Championship game.

No way he's good to go now.... he can do walk-throughs, but not much else.... perhaps by training camp, but even that may be a bit optimistic.... until we get some feedback on how his rehab is going. it's way too early to know...

Chapman's surgery wasn't until January, after the National Championship game.

No way he's good to go now.... he can do walk-throughs, but not much else.... perhaps by training camp, but even that may be a bit optimistic.... until we get some feedback on how his rehab is going. it's way too early to know...

He said he was 50% after the draft, and that he hoped to be ready to go by training camp. I'd like to know what kind of activity he's doing right now, to see whether he'll be ready to play two months from now. My optimism with regard to Chapman is starting to wear off.

All this happened on the 1st Day of the Full Team? Talk about Surprises. So with Johnson at NT, how will Nevis, Chapman, & McKinney have a Role? Anyone know if Chapman is still Injured?

Nevis was in a walking boot. I believe he has an ankle injury but he is battling Moala for RDE. Chapman will not be ready until training camp.