Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bears post game thread

GoColts8818

Just now, Goatface Killah said:

Well like 60% of them also sold thier tickets to Bears fans this week. It was a nice unexpected road game for the boys. 

Our fans have always been kind of lame. 

I can’t blame them for not wanting to shell out the kind of money it takes to go to a game when the product has been lackluster to say the least.

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I don't know what this even means. Allen is waaay more accurate than AR. Again, I like AR, I'm just saying that he is not going to be what this team needs based on what I've seen so far

Dude what is the point of posting this nonsense?

They didnt draft him to give up on him after 6 games. Its not gonna happen.

You should change your name to wetblanket.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Some of his accuracy issues will also be fixed when the game slows down for him.

Something to that. Noticed last week he seemed defeated by the end of the game. That was what was great about Manning and Luck, they had short memories.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

We won thanks to the defense. AR can’t throw and it’s been 3 weeks. People keep using the excuse he missed last season and the youngest QB in the league. Blah blah blah! Should be sitting and working. Done with the excuses and not trying to hear them. 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Some of his accuracy issues will also be fixed when the game slows down for him.

Honestly ARs answer is not very comforting to hear.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Something to that. Noticed last week he seemed defeated by the end of the game. That was what was great about Manning and Luck, they had short memories.

Shane has said the same about AR. This game is so fast right now that he gets amped up when he doesn’t have to be. Next week I am not sure that they can rely on the defense like this week.

4 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

AR was bad, but I don't think Shane is doing a great job either to accentuate his talents. He only started calling more QB runs and screens in the Q4 and we started to see more offense. Shane got too cute on that goal line INT and again for the second week had a play drawn up where Taylor can to make a catch in the flat. But AR has to be better. I sort of sense that the coaching staff are learning as we go here through the season.

Anyway in better news, the oline and Taylor have been playing well. I think we need to stick what were good at, at this moment.

Defense was better obviously against the run, even if the Bears were putrid. Davis was good, as was the secondary. Blackmon and Cross are a good safety duo, they put themselves about. Jaylon Jones is coming on, I like his attitude.

Maybe the lack of calling QB runs is a product of the injury issues for AR last season playing in the back of Shane's mind! 

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Shane has said the same about AR. This game is so fast right now that he gets amped up when he doesn’t have to be. Next week I am not sure that they can rely on the defense like this week.

No. AR needs to step up if we have any chance of winning

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

I can’t blame them for not wanting to shell out the kind of money it takes to go to a game when the product has been lackluster to say the least.

So why buy season tickets?

For that many Bears fans to be in the game thousands of season ticket holders sold the team out and put thier tickets up for resale.

You know its funny, the Bears have been really bad for a long long time but thier fans still love the team so much they will take over our stadium and give thier team an extra home game. Why? Because they love it. 

At a certain point you just have to call them what they are, fair weather fans. They only care when the product is great.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Well like 60% of them also sold thier tickets to Bears fans this week. It was a nice unexpected road game for the boys. 

Our fans have always been kind of lame. 

You should go put your entire life savings on it.

I dont bet, but if I did, that would be a easy one.

Just because you're cheering for a team does not mean you cannot see whats in front of you.

10 minutes ago, ADnum1 said:

Jeff George is an interesting comparison but AR reminds me alot more of Michael Vick.

Vick struggled with short and intermediate accuracy his entire career but could throw a beautiful accurate 60 yard bomb and run the heck out of the ball.

Vick resurrected the Falcon franchise and I wonder if AR is on the same path.

Vick put the Falcons on his back and took them to multiple playoff wins with deep bombs and running the ball. The Falcons GB playoff win (on the road) comes to mind and that was when GB had Brett Farve.

AR has a great arm, no doubt. But he doesn't throw with velocity when he has to. His follow throughs are inconsistent which is contributing to his missed targets. It's as if he's playing street ball.

Did you see the fake hand off to Sermon (I think) at the Bear's 5? AR kept it and Sermon was like WT@. I think AR just decided to keep it. It wasn't a fumble then but could lead to it in the future.

Anyways, Go Colts.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

The whole point of drafting a running QB is to use them to run!! They are trying to turn him into a pocket QB....If he gets hurt he gets hurt..

I do believe we should run him a bit more to create the dual threat.Right now it's just JT

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:
1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I was not aware eternal pessimists could be comforted…

I was not aware eternal pessimists could be comforted.

that’s called being a realist. If you want to pretend that Richardson is a legit NFL quarterback go ahead. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Maybe the lack of calling QB runs is a product of the injury issues for AR last season playing in the back of Shane's mind! 

He’ll get hurt and crumble that’s why. Bye week isn’t until week 14. That’s the reason why man sorry 

1 minute ago, Goatface Killah said:

For that many Bears fans to be in the game thousands of season ticket holders sold the team out and put thier tickets up for resale.

You know its funny, the Bears have been really bad for a long long time but thier fans still love the team so much they will take over our stadium and give thier team an extra home game. Why? Because they love it. 

At a certain point you just have to call them what they are, fair weather fans. They only care when the product is great.

I’m sure a number are. I’m also sure a number are exactly what I said. We’re not a storied franchise like Chicago. Green Bay and the like will always have their die hards that outnumber most franchises.

Plus Chicago is 3 hours away with a lot of fans still living in the state.

Watching the ravens game right now and the way their offense is being ran is how ours should be.  Lamar has only thrown 9 times and it’s halftime.  Steady doses of Henry and outside Lamar runs.  The throws have been easy throws and even have been rolling him out.  This should literally be our game plan 

• Like 1

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

I’m sure a number are. I’m also sure a number are exactly what I said. We’re not a storied franchise like Chicago. Green Bay and the like will always have their die hards that outnumber most franchises.

Plus Chicago is 3 hours away with a lot of fans still living in the state.

What does us being a "storied" franchise have to do with anything? The Colts are very much a storied franchise, our city just doesnt see them that way. 

Im talking about people who already had tickets, and sold them. 

What does us being a "storied" franchise have to do with anything? The Colts are very much a storied franchise, our city just doesnt see them that way. 

Im talking about people who already had tickets, and sold them. 

We, the Indianapolis Colts, are not the same as the Bears or Packers in terms of history and legacy. This is obvious.

5 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

I don’t look too much into it. It’s a business decision. I’ve owned season tickets in the past and only able to go to a handful of games. The demand has always been there to not only cover cost, but in the case of big games, make a healthy profit that ultimately lowers the cost of the games you do attend. It’s just the market, and Indy market is small. A lot of Bears fans in Indiana too. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Except AR has legs so that completion doesn’t kill a QB as bad as it might others. 

No even a scrambler you lose 90% of the time. Those are horrible. 

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

I’ve paid attention to how pessimistic you are.

Okay. What you call pessimism I call being a realist. I cheer our players when they make a good play, but I’m not gonna pretend that AR is accurate or that our defense has been good. If you’d like to do that feel free to put your rose colored glasses on and pretend we’re gonna go 15-2.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

When you have big play potential like he did with his legs and arm it won’t kill your as much. It will get better. Just have patience.

I have patience, he needs two seasons to evaluate but he won’t make it that long if he continues to have games like this one

4 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

We, the Indianapolis Colts, are not the same as the Bears or Packers in terms of history and legacy. This is obvious.

What youre saying makes no sense.

We have to sell over half our tickets to opposing fans because we arent the Bears or the Packers? 

There are only a few places this kind of stuff happens. The team deserves better.

• Thanks 1

Bradley has easily been the biggest let down defensively. He continues to play soft zone, even in the red zone. The 3rd down conversion rate is absolutely horrendous. He puts all the eggs in 3rd down basket, but then someone is always wide open anyway. I also hate how anytime we are up by 1-2 scores and the team just has to hold out, he just gives the opposing team the TD. In reality if you play hurry up 2 minute offense the whole game against our D, it’s gets easily shredded. 

The fact that myself and multiple people here predicted Williams would have his best game against us shows how incredibly predictable he is. The fact that Williams hadn’t thrown a TD pass coming into the day and then threw 2 against us is exactly what I would expect from this D. Always the breakout game for opposing players.

8 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I don’t look too much into it. It’s a business decision. I’ve owned season tickets in the past and only able to go to a handful of games. The demand has always been there to not only cover cost, but in the case of big games, make a healthy profit that ultimately lowers the cost of the games you do attend. It’s just the market, and Indy market is small. A lot of Bears fans in Indiana too. 

I understand why it happens I just think the team deserves better fans. 

What youre saying makes no sense.

We have to sell over half our tickets to opposing fans because we arent the Bears or the Packers? 

There are only a few places this kind of stuff happens. The team deserves better.

I can only explain it to you. I cannot understand it for you.

I’ll use another team to help demonstrate this. The Steelers are one of the best traveling fanbases in the league. They have a much richer history with much more success than the Colts. Therefore, fans are willing to pay the money for tickets. For some, as has been pointed out, selling tickets to two or three games can pay the cost of the season tickets or significantly offset the cost.

You see less of this in franchises that have been around longer than the Indy Colts because there is more of a legacy with those more storied franchises. 

44 minutes ago, ADnum1 said:

The Falcons GB playoff win (on the road) comes to mind and that was when GB had Brett Farve.

I remember that game. Back in those days, no one beat GB at home especially in the cold.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I don't know what this even means. Allen is waaay more accurate than AR. Again, I like AR, I'm just saying that he is not going to be what this team needs based on what I've seen so far

And all pretty much everyone else is just saying you have no idea what you're talking about :)