Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Davis off the injury list

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

HBP is nothing to make light of, especially in a guy his size.  I hope it's under control and he can work himself into playing shape by game 1.  Grove definitely needs backup.

Yeah good thing Colts played this safe and didn’t rush him out there just because he felt fine.

• Like 2

Davis wants to get paid. That is all. He will be sidelined again. HBP is not easily solvable and the Dolphins got the best out of Ballard. Colts did not do due diligence in their physical before signing him. Along with Matt Gay, another bad management decision. 

2 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Davis wants to get paid. That is all. He will be sidelined again. HBP is not easily solvable and the Dolphins got the best out of Ballard. Colts did not do due diligence in their physical before signing him. Along with Matt Gay, another bad management decision. 

Source or link?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Twitter. Some guy named Austex. Said he had inside knowledge that Ballard doesnt conduct physicals in the rare times he wants somebody in free agency. 

Nothing like an anonymous source citing an anonymous source.  

Not saying you’re wrong, but I am dubious.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Twitter. Some guy named Austex. Said he had inside knowledge that Ballard doesnt conduct physicals in the rare times he wants somebody in free agency. 

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Nothing like an anonymous source citing an anonymous source.  

Not saying you’re wrong, but I am dubious.  

5 minutes ago, twfish said:

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

I am pretty sure he’s making a sarcastic joke about the person who originally claimed this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

HBP is nothing to make light of, especially in a guy his size.  I hope it's under control and he can work himself into playing shape by game 1.  Grove definitely needs backup.

Yeah I have high blood pressure and it can take medication 2 weeks to take effect.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

How did the Dolphins get the best of Ballard when he came here as a free agent?  Sounds like you are spinning to push an anti-Ballard agenda.

It's one of the silliest posts I've seen in a while, and that's saying something. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Yeah I have high blood pressure and it can take medication 2 weeks to take effect.

I'd love to hear Davis talk about it, maybe he will now that he's activated and the media can request him. My assumption is he didn't realize he had HBP, showed up for the physical and discovered it's something for which needed treatment, and is now on meds to control it. Not only can it take time for meds to take effect, there can also be side effects that could be exacerbated by playing competitive football. It makes sense to take it slow while the doctors get everything figured out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Obvious nonsense again.   Congrats

• Like 2

Sure Jan GIF

• Like 1

Hunh ? I hope this is a joke lol . Davis came in as a FA we never traded for him so the Dolphins got nothing for him. (Maybe they get a comp pick but thats not guaranteed). 

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am pretty sure he’s making a sarcastic joke about the person who originally claimed this.

Yea I definitely wasn’t following the usernames close enough. Still standing by my 1 funny thing for the day though…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Superman said:

I'd love to hear Davis talk about it, maybe he will now that he's activated and the media can request him. My assumption is he didn't realize he had HBP, showed up for the physical and discovered it's something for which needed treatment, and is now on meds to control it. Not only can it take time for meds to take effect, there can also be side effects that could be exacerbated by playing competitive football. It makes sense to take it slow while the doctors get everything figured out. 

Yeah, I had high blood pressure for years and didnt realize it but once I got on medication and felt the difference, I realized the fatigue I had been feeling wasnt the result of working too much and not getting enough sleep. Same thing probably happened for him.

When I initially discovered it my readings were as high as 157/123, which is pretty dangerous. They told me to take it easy for a couple weeks and give the meds time to get in my system. They didnt even want me to drive a car. So they would definitely air on the side of caution with him as far as football activities. 

Its a wierd thing you would think you'd know something is wrong, but the effects are subtle and significant at the same time. You just feel grouchy and tired like you didnt get enough sleep most of the time. Some people might get headaches, but I never did. Its not something a professional athlete would worry about.

He also could be taking suppliments that caused it, and that could take time to get out of his system. Its a pretty common side effect.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Welp guess that leaves Johnson and Bryan on the outs now.

Johnson has done anything to earn a spot, Bryan actually has looked  better then last year. Think Davis bumps him from 53 but I hope he passes through and makes ps BUT he may not. Former 1st round pick.

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Has he always had this issue when playing for the Dolphins?

31 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Has he always had this issue when playing for the Dolphins?

IDK.  He played in all their games last year.  It looks like he’s played in most of the games since he’s been a pro.  

Could be that our team is monitoring more closely?  Just speculation since it’s not unusual for guys that big to have HBP.  

7 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Crackpipe logic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

LOL 

Now that's comedy right there. Hardy har har 😅 

I'd like to know what his weight had gotten up to after the season.

My bet is he went on a tater chip, tater salad, mashed taters, fried taters diet, washed down with a 42 oz. Mountain Dew

To much salt and bad calories.

He has time to get in shape and be a big help 

18 hours ago, AustexColt said:

:omg:

18 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

🤣

Love it!

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

(edited)

The issue that a newly signed FA can't immediately train or play due to a health issue or injury does speak about competent due diligence.  The post made a point.  

It is probably a nothing burger, and "MIA getting the better of Ballard" seems odd.  However, there is a possibility that maybe they knew about the HBP and there was no chance of him being resigned, so there is an element of Ballard maybe competing with himself over price.  

Edited by Superman

21 hours ago, AustexColt said:

I'll just say that this is a pretty good post that makes good points if you take time to think about it.  I'm not following the Gay situation so I have no comment on that.  

43 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'll just say that this is a pretty good post that makes good points if you take time to think about it.  I'm not following the Gay situation so I have no comment on that.  

…not that there’s anything wrong with that…

• Like 1

Perhaps part of the reason he hasn’t lived up to expectations in the NFL is he developed high blood pressure and maybe now that’s it’s controlled he will turn out to be what people thought he could be when drafted?

• Like 1