Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you do this for Harrison hypothetical

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Let me start by saying we aren’t getting Harrison. This is just a hypothetical. Colts have their QB and LT. So would you swap 1sts and give up a 25 first for Harrison? There would be other picks involved but the future first is thr most important. Probably something I would do since we have the QB and LT.

I don’t think it would get the trade done. Going to take more. 

if you look at a draft chart, you have to consider a future pick as a lower value than current year.

I don’t think anyone here sees Ballard making any kind of move like that ever. If anything, they are going to justify not doing it by saying they can get an explosive receiver where they are. It’s just not going to happen. 

• Like 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

I don’t think it would get the trade done. Going to take more. 

if you look at a draft chart, you have to consider a future pick as a lower value than current year.

I don’t think anyone here sees Ballard making any kind of move like that ever. If anything, they are going to justify not doing it by saying they can get an explosive receiver where they are. It’s just not going to happen. 

That’s why I said there would be more picks. Maybe a player. I was just highlighted swapping of picks and next years first. This would be the time to do it with QB and LT locked up. It’s not happening because I doubt cardinals would trade the pick. NE is a wildcard too depending on what they do at QB.

I get the WANT for Marv Jr        I dream about that being the case.   

But where the Colts are sitting in the draft.   We have a great chance to get a real difference maker. Or as Ballard stated EXPLOSIVE players!!!   Love Marv Jr.   but.... 

13 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I would rather just hope Brock Bowers falls to them at 15 or do a slight trade up for him or Nabers. 

Not arguing just convo

So you would take Bowers over a WR?       We have not seen what Woods can be. 

We have the top TE from the 2022 draft    But we have yet to see what he can do.  Due to injuries

Better idea to look at WR or any other position than TE??  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I would rather just hope Brock Bowers falls to them at 15 or do a slight trade up for him or Nabers. 

This is most realistic, to get to No.10 or No.11 from No.15.

Let us not forget, the Texans still have the Browns' first round pick for Watson, which will be No.22 at worst, though they gave up theirs in 2024 draft for Will Anderson.

With how aggressive they are, they may give up No.22 and a future 1st to move into the Top 12 and get one of Odunze, Nabers or Bowers right in front of us because they want to maximize Stroud's rookie tenure. Plus they have $74 million in cap space to sign a guy like Mike Evans or Tee Higgins, or DL like Leonard Williams / Chase Young.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Not arguing just convo

We have the top TE from the 2022 draft    But we have yet to see what he can do.  Due to injuries

I have my concerns about Woods. I feel like injured players always keep getting injured. It’s unfortunate but it’s also somewhat true. And I think Bowers is a potential superstar TE in the mold of George Kittle. Woods will never be that imo. And if Pittman is brought back which I hope he is, I feel Indy has 3 solid WRs as I expect Downs to get even better, and I believe more in Pierce when Richardson is the QB as he has a great deep ball. 

I wouldn’t be opposed to adding another explosive WR by any means, I just feel Bowers would help the team more than if they were to add a Rome Odunze type WR. 

• Like 1

It'd take , at minimum, 3 first rounders worth of value to trade up to the #5 spot it would take to get MHJ if he somehow drops that low imo. I would love to see him on this roster, but I can't see how Ballard could ever justify that given how much he loves his draft picks. It'd have to come from an Irsay override, which isn't an unrealistic thing to think could happen given MH's history here and how much Irsay loves that era (for good reason obviously)

I do think something more realistic is if the Colts trade into #8-#12 spots for one of Nabers, Bowers, or Odunze. A lot of potentially elite playmakers in this year's draft that might fall into the 8-12 range due to the QB need that a lot of team and this subsequently being a very deep draft at that spot.

If anyone hasn't seen highlights of Bowers from his 3 years in college, it's a fun watch. He was essentially the best TE in college from his true rookie season. I can't see how a player like him couldn't make Anthony Richardson's life a lot easier given how he likes to target TE's a ton.

1 hour ago, colts89 said:

It'd take , at minimum, 3 first rounders worth of value to trade up to the #5 spot it would take to get MHJ if he somehow drops that low imo. I would love to see him on this roster, but I can't see how Ballard could ever justify that given how much he loves his draft picks. It'd have to come from an Irsay override, which isn't an unrealistic thing to think could happen given MH's history here and how much Irsay loves that era (for good reason obviously)

I do think something more realistic is if the Colts trade into #8-#12 spots for one of Nabers, Bowers, or Odunze. A lot of potentially elite playmakers in this year's draft that might fall into the 8-12 range due to the QB need that a lot of team and this subsequently being a very deep draft at that spot.

If anyone hasn't seen highlights of Bowers from his 3 years in college, it's a fun watch. He was essentially the best TE in college from his true rookie season. I can't see how a player like him couldn't make Anthony Richardson's life a lot easier given how he likes to target TE's a ton.

Nabers would make his life much easier 

10 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Let me start by saying we aren’t getting Harrison. This is just a hypothetical. Colts have their QB and LT. So would you swap 1sts and give up a 25 first for Harrison? There would be other picks involved but the future first is thr most important. Probably something I would do since we have the QB and LT.

I really would like to take Marv Jr but 1 first isn’t gonna be enough. It’d take 3 future firsts minimum and that’s too much for me for any player let alone a non QB. 

now there is a scenario where I’d consider such a move. Only if the Bears would take 25,26,27 first round picks, 26 3rd and 27 2nd. This would give us the number 1 overall this year. We keep ours at 15 this year. We grab Marv 2.0 and Bowers both.  It’s very expensive but we both those guys, and assuming we can keep Pittman, and if AR and JT stay healthy, we could make a run. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

Let us not forget, the Texans still have the Browns' first round pick for Watson, which will be No.22 at worst, though they gave up theirs in 2024 draft for Will Anderson.

With how aggressive they are, they may give up No.22 and a future 1st to move into the Top 12 and get one of Odunze, Nabers or Bowers right in front of us because they want to maximize Stroud's rookie tenure. Plus they have $74 million in cap space to sign a guy like Mike Evans or Tee Higgins, or DL like Leonard Williams / Chase Young.

Yeah, as you said, Texans could get scary good, if they maximize the talent and shoot for the stars.

Stroud has done what we've been expecting for years to show up from Lawrence, Herbert, etc., 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s why I said there would be more picks. Maybe a player. I was just highlighted swapping of picks and next years first. This would be the time to do it with QB and LT locked up. It’s not happening because I doubt cardinals would trade the pick. NE is a wildcard too depending on what they do at QB.

there is always that possibility- that another team values him and is in position to put a better offer on the table. 

I think he’s too expensive. Especially given the depth of the receiving class in this draft. If we didn’t trade up to get CJ Stroud over Anthony Richardson, then we are certainly not going to trade up even further to get MJH over another explosive receiver. 

just hope they both pan out correctly 

10 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Not arguing just convo

We absolutely need a true #1 TE that can be count on all the time. Look at guys like Andrews and Kelce. Bowers could easily be our version of those two. 

• Like 2

Our 1st(1050pts) and 2nd(440pts) this year could get us to the #7-#8(1500pts, 1400pts respectively)slot.

Our 1st and 2nd this year, + 1st next year would  get us close to #3(2200pts) value. Probably get us to #4(1800pts) with those 3 picks, maybe even a pick back. Doubt Patriots want to drop that far so #3 might not even be available unless we traded up to #4 or #5 prior, then made the trade to #3. Probably have to add a 2026 2nd or something.

2024 #15, 2nd, 2025 1st

for

2024 #4/#5 pick

then

2024 #4/or #5 pick, 2026 2nd, 2025 4th

for

2024 #3 pick

So tallied up to get to #3 and pretty good shot at MHJ, draft package would look something like this:

2024 - #15, 2nd

2025 - 1st, 4th

2026 - 2nd

Maybe could get a player in place of the 4th?

(2) 1st, (2) 2nds + (1) 4th/player

That's a lot to give up for a non QB/Premium Edge.

• Like 4

I honestly don't want Marvin Harrison. IMO, he's the 4th best WR in the class. I'd rather have Adunze, Nabers, or Coleman over him (and I think we can get one of them at 15). It'd cost way too much to trade up for to get a guy in a loaded receiver class who I don't see as any better than the other top WRs in the class. I know a lot of people have nostalgia for him because of his father, but I see him as an average to above-average WR in the NFL.

• Thanks 1

So what's everyone's opinions of the 2025 draft class? I was looking at it and, while not an expert, I didn't see any names that popped out to me. Could there be a possibility of a weaker draft class next year, and if so, would you be willing to trade away that future first to get a blue chip talent this year?

10 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, Stroud is Peyton-like, and if he gets a few weapons, it could become video game like.  When you're looking at the division, I'm not sure if it's better to try to keep up with the Texans offensively or if it's better to improve the defense.  Richardson will probably never sit in the pocket, hit 3rd and 9s consistently and match scores with Stroud.  We already got a taste of how that might go against Lawrence and Stafford.  With Richardson, you need a different formula.  I don't think you can win just by adding a few weapons while still having a bottom end defense.

• Like 1

In my honest opinion, the best thing for this colts team for both the offense and the defense would be for us to keep our defense sitting on the sidelines, while our offense completes long sustained drives, this becomes of paramount importance considering we are keeping gus bradley, i want that defense riding the pine, best player to accomplish those two things while also helping out the run game, TE Brock Bowers, the kid is elite in Run blocking, as well as catching those 3rd downs that have been tough for us of late. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, #12. said:

Yeah, Stroud is Peyton-like, and if he gets a few weapons, it could become video game like.  When you're looking at the division, I'm not sure if it's better to try to keep up with the Texans offensively or if it's better to improve the defense.  Richardson will probably never sit in the pocket, hit 3rd and 9s consistently and match scores with Stroud.  We already got a taste of how that might go against Lawrence and Stafford.  With Richardson, you need a different formula.  I don't think you can win just by adding a few weapons while still having a bottom end defense.

The best QBs can’t do squat sitting on the sidelines. So the answer is clear, invest in defense to be a Top 10 D in points per game and 3rd down D, IMO. I think we just need ONE offensive playmaker for pass catching, in the first 2 rounds to take us to consistently being a Top 5 offense, if AR pans out with his capabilities. We can add one more in Round 3 if value presents itself like Josh Downs did.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

In my honest opinion, the best thing for this colts team for both the offense and the defense would be for us to keep our defense sitting on the sidelines, while our offense completes long sustained drives, this becomes of paramount importance considering we are keeping gus bradley, i want that defense riding the pine, best player to accomplish those two things while also helping out the run game, TE Brock Bowers, the kid is elite in Run blocking, as well as catching those 3rd downs that have been tough for us of late. 

I understand everyone is mad that our defense is VERY flawed in its style, but lets not act like some of our wins this year wernt directly from the efforts of the defense. They played a good game in Baltimore, just never went back to that plan. Ebukam gave us a game sealing sack against the Bucs to end their final drive. Franklin laid out Henry in our first match up to prevent him from getting a first down. Speed had a game sealing sack against the Browns but that got called back referees...

I'm not saying this is a good defense this year, they wernt, but they made plays when needed more than once this year.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KB said:

I understand everyone is mad that our defense is VERY flawed in its style, but lets not act like some of our wins this year wernt directly from the efforts of the defense. They played a good game in Baltimore, just never went back to that plan. Ebukam gave us a game sealing sack against the Bucs to end their final drive. Franklin laid out Henry in our first match up to prevent him from getting a first down. Speed had a game sealing sack against the Browns but that got called back referees...

I'm not saying this is a good defense this year, they wernt, but they made plays when needed more than once this year.

Definitely not blaming the players, they are playing their hearts out, but they are handcuffed by the scheme.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

By the charts , our pick 1.15 and pick 2.46 would get us to pick 1.7 value. If we side pick 15 and pick 82 , it would bring us to pick 1.11 or 1.12 value. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Or would they consider trading Richardson if they thought Maye, Daniel’s, or Penix was a much better player. We know Williams is the real deal, but don’t see a way to get him. I would strongly consider it depending on the draft capital if that was the consensus. 

Just now, Blueblood23 said:

Or would they consider trading Richardson if they thought Maye, Daniel’s, or Penix was a much better player. We know Williams is the real deal, but don’t see a way to get him. I would strongly consider it depending on the draft capital if that was the consensus. 

To trade Richardson now the Colts would likely take a deep discount after only one year that ended in injury.   Then we’d have to trade up to get a new QB1 which would be HUGELY expensive.   

I think Ballard has made his bed with Richardson.   It’s do or die for the next two years.   Then we’ll have a much better idea.  

• Like 4

There's still the consideration to look at it from the Bears point of view.  They have expectations as well.  And they saw what happened to Houston this year with two top-5 picks.  The Bears may not want to trade down to #15 regardless of what we offer them.  And any GM of theirs mad enough to attempt it might get run out of town real fast.  They have the #1 and the #9 with no second rounder.  They can make a deal for the #1 pick, still get Marvin 2.0 and Odunze, and pick up a 2nd in the trade.  Why would they want to trade with us at #15?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

To trade Richardson now the Colts would likely take a deep discount after only one year that ended in injury.   Then we’d have to trade up to get a new QB1 which would be HUGELY expensive.   

I think Ballard has made his bed with Richardson.   It’s do or die for the next two years.   Then we’ll have a much better idea.  

Good way to put it.  Both of their jobs are on the line.  AR looks like the real thing to me, I love his personality and (in a very limited amount) his play.  But until he shows he can last a season, he's not a sure thing by far.

IMO, no matter how AR plays next season, or how much, Shane is safe.  The job he did with Minshew and a very mediocre defense speaks for itself.

As a Buckeye I'd love to have MHJ but it's not meant to be.  There are a few WRs that will be available at our pick who can make a difference.  I think we should do everything we can to build around Richardson, even to the detriment of adding better D players.  Just MHO.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I would think if let’s say Atlanta worked out Richardson and found him sound and not damaged goods it might be possible. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes, as it will be a very interesting draft around the league.

41 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Richardson has shown he can be a great NFL QB if he simply stays healthy. From his and Steichen’s comments recently I would hope he will have learned that protecting himself for the betterment of the team is vitally important. I still feel if he can be better about staying on the field consistently he can go toe to toe and even get the better of Stroud as Richardson has the higher ceiling and talent. 

Indy now needs to surround him with playmakers in the passing game and add a legit top pass rusher to go after the opposing QB. That’s what should elevate the team into a consistent playoff squad. 

That’s a very light offer. As someone else has said it would take multiple first, a couple day 2 picks, and possibly a player. But too really have a shot there’s a few things that you have to be certain will happen:

1. The Bears must take a QB at 1 or trade out the top 10

2. Washington and New England need to take QBs 

3. One of the teams picking in the top 5 need to take OT(Fashanu and Alt)

4. You must get in front of the Titans and Giants

And that’s to have a CHANCE. If the draft went like this:

1. Bears- Caleb Williams

2. Commanders- Drake Maye

3. Pats- Jayden Daniels

4. Cardinals- Joe Alt

You have a chance to trade up with the Chargers at 5 to get in front of the Giants and Titans, but even still, Arizona is also a threat to take him with no real receivers. You’d need to go up about 11 spots. Thats going to cost at least 2 1st rounders

I honestly don't think Harrison is that much better than Odunze or Nabers. I'd wait until the first two (of Harrison, Nabers and Odunze) are gone and move up for the last guy. Possibly be content with Bowers if he's still available, but I can't really decide on that. Bowers is basically a WR occupying a TE spot - he's not much of a blocker. Is he worth a top 15 pick for being a WR?

10 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I honestly don't think Harrison is that much better than Odunze or Nabers. I'd wait until the first two (of Harrison, Nabers and Odunze) are gone and move up for the last guy. Possibly be content with Bowers if he's still available, but I can't really decide on that. Bowers is basically a WR occupying a TE spot - he's not much of a blocker. Is he worth a top 15 pick for being a WR?

I’m not as big on Odunze as most people,to me there’s 2 dominant WR prospects..true number 1,s.I really hope the Colts can land either MHJ or Nabers they our both big time players.I really think we have to get to 3 to have a chance at MHJ I don’t see him getting passed Arizona.As for Naber’s I don’t see him getting passed 7 with Tennessee and maybe even 6 with the Giants.

• Like 1