Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Texans post game

This is why Minshew is NOT a starting QB he choked big-time. We get the ball with 640 left and it was the most *ic plays that put us in a situation to be forced down. I really think if #MIN could’ve completed half of the passes he threw today we win the game, but my goodness was he so accurate no one’s gonna offer a lot of money to have them on their team after seeing that mess 

1 minute ago, Two_pound said:

We have had numerous defensive coordinators in the past 51 years, the Colt defense has looked the same for the past 51 years.

Scheme, coach, it doesn't matter.  They step on someone's throat twice a decade.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

It was an easy pass and catch.  High schoolers make it.  Bad pass, but still should have been caught.  

Good play. 

That's why it was a good play because Moss or JT would have been keyed on!! The dude was WIDE OPEN. Shane has been successful ALL season scheming up the UNLIKELY in key situations which is one reason why THIS team even SNIFFED a possible playoff berth after a 4 win campaign last season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

We have had numerous defensive coordinators in the past 51 years, the Colt defense has looked the same for the past 51 years. I want to see a new DC next year too, but no matter who it is we still won't blitz and we will give up numerous 3rd and forevers at any spot on the field. God, it is so frustrating and pathetic. We have played good solid defense maybe 4 years in the past 51. When we had Bert Jones we had to outscore opponents. 1987 we played great defense, but couldn't score. Then 1995 and 2005(both those seasons ended against the steelers in very badly officiated games, what a surprise) Whiners on here complain about Ballard, well I'll ask the question, how come in 51 years of Irsay ownership have the Colts NEVER been able to field a competitive solid defense?????? We always employ a triple vanilla, retreat and surrender, super duper soft zone defense, with virtually no blitzes, we rarely even mix up the coverages. There was one play tonight where we only rushed 3 the result of that play was a completion to collins for a first down along the right sideline(nice defense on that one Gus)

Disagree we had some really good defenses with  Tobin, Blanche, and Jim Johnson.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IinD said:

Just to jump off the blame game for a minute. JT looked like he got banged up good on that last drive.

Took a few missle hits while he was going down a couple times that last drive. Also got lower body bent like a pretzel on one tackle.

I wonder if that factored into the decision to not give him that last play.

I doubt it.  The great ones you pretty much have to kill them to not be in there on the last play with the playoffs on the line. I don't think it was due to injury.  I just think Shane got too cute there.  Both Taylor and Moss ran well through out the game. He should have went with option A or B and be good with whatever happened. Instead he tried to catch them off guard and use something we struggled with all game long. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This makes me want to cry.

its a harder catch then it looks like .   he had to run then completely turn around mid run and fall back towards the ball  while worrying about making the first down after the catch .    i dont know how minshew with zero pass rush cant throw a yard pass accurate and lead goodson .

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, #12. said:

Considering the fact we had every opportunity to win it in the end, it's hard for me to get with that.  We should have won the game.  

I don't disagree. I just think saying "they're going to the dance and we're not" is short changing what we've been able to do this season with a decimated team (including the most important position). Hopefully this offseason we invest in the secondary, some weapons, and line depth. We should have another 3rd place schedule so that should help as well. I think we'll look really good next year!

• Like 1

As the timeout unfolded on that 4th and 1 I said, "it will either be a run stuffed in the backfield or a dropped pass". I saw Goodson wide open heading out to the left, the pass should have been caught but it was a bad throw. What is also pathetic that I haven't seen anyone mention yet is Taylor went out of bounds TWICE so Houston could save their timeouts. Even if we had punched it in there there would have been lot's of time left on the clock for Houston to kick a field goal as time expired. Then this forum would really be exploding about Bradley's SOFT and CUSHY defense!!

• Like 2

Just now, coming on strong said:

its a harder catch then it looks like .   he had to run then completely turn around mid run and fall back towards the ball  while worrying about making the first down after the catch .    i dont know how minshew with zero pass rush cant throw a yard pass accurate and lead goodson .

That was one of those that only a guy like Reggie catches.

It could definitely have been placed better even if you wanna kill Goodson for it.

Tough night for us fans.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I was listening to something about the ravens the other day. They mentioned Joe their defense was good but it wasn’t getting it done in the modern nfl anymore. I kind of feel that’s where we are at with Bradley. 

Only four teams are giving up more points a game than the Colts. 

Just now, bluephantom87 said:

That's why it was a good play because Moss or JT would have been keyed on!! The dude was WIDE OPEN. Shane has been successful ALL season scheming up the UNLIKELY in key situations which is one reason why THIS team even SNIFFED a possible playoff berth after a 4 win campaign last season.

It's odd though, because Steichen got back into this game and stayed in the game by pounding Taylor.  At some point, he realized he could only win it old school with Taylor.  The final drive was like one of Frank's game ending drives from 2021.  

Then, on the game deciding play, he took it out of Taylor's hands.

The horrible calls in the Browns game come back to haunt us. If they don't happen, we don't need this game. That being said why for the biggest play of the season do you put in a third string PS player to throw to?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I was listening to something about the ravens the other day. They mentioned  their defense was good but it wasn’t getting it done in the modern nfl anymore. I kind of feel that’s where we are at with Bradley. 

bradley is so focused on taking the deep ball away with zone defense .  its always cover 3 or something similar like cover 4 .  i hate playing a single high safety and making both corners play deep zones it makes medium range out routes easy . 

I will say, I've been a Ballard supporter, but this is his final shot at an offseason. We need a significant amount of success next year. I'm not saying super bowl or bust,  but I'm expecting to get to the divisional round of the playoffs. If not, then it's time to move on.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballards presser next week will be interesting. Secondary needs a overhaul and that should be the number one priority in the offseason.

Is there a time/date for this yet?

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

That was one of those that only a guy like Reggie catches.

It could definitely have been placed better even if you wanna kill Goodson for it.

Tough night for us fans.

running backs dont  have the same catching ability as wrs  and a 4th string running back its even harder . 

• Like 1

Just now, #12. said:

It's odd though, because Steichen got back into this game and stayed in the game by pounding Taylor.  At some point, he realized he could only win it old school with Taylor.  The final drive was like one of Frank's game ending drives from 2021.  

Then, on the game deciding play, he took it out of Taylor's hands.

We were kind of stuck because Pittman was hemmed up and Pierce was non productive.  The only thing we really had was a few tight end throws and running Taylor.  We can't repeat this again!  Receiving corps has to be addressed  bc Pierce isn't the answer.

We need something more dynamic to go along with Pittman and Downs.

• Like 1

Speaking of third place schedule, we will be playing the 3rd worse roster in the league again next year(steelers). Boy are they bad, and as I predicted in my game predictions today I had the steelers, texans, and dolphins winning, so, guess what, the steelers will make the playoffs even though they have been qb'd by Mitch Trubisky and Mason Rudolph for much of the seasonhahahahahahahahahaha, sorry, I can't stop laughing! How does Mr. Rooney do it???!!!!

Just now, coming on strong said:

running backs dont  have the same catching ability as wrs  and a 4th string running back its even harder . 

He’s a RB in the NFL. If the ball hits him in both hands he needs to catch it, regardless of where it was thrown.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Considering what he had to work with tonight it wasn’t horrible. But I just think to take another step there needs to be a change.

Ballard

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Goodson is (supposedly) the best receiving back. I’m sure they ran that package in practice with him.

Bad pass, but he still should have caught it.

Perfect play call.

He had 6 receptions all year, idk how he’s considered the better receiving back. I’ve seen Miss make some IMPECCABLE catches. Would’ve rather him or JT for that matter.

The issue with a 3-14 deficit is it takes so much effort to come back than when it is just a 1 score deficit that eventually you give yourself little margin for error. 

The Raiders game, they have a false start on a missed Matt Gay FG, we get a second try and we make it. This time, we didn't get many second chances to redeem ourselves. Stroud and the Texans didn't make too many mistakes and we made just enough of them (blown coverage on 2nd TD, missed FG and missed 4th & 1 pass to Goodson). That is all it takes to win or lose a close game sometimes.

Just now, coltsfan_canada said:

We really needed DB so I wonder was it really worth to trade Gilly for 5th rounder or was Gilly not pleased to play here as seeing this team as a rebuild team and he wanted to go to Contender team? 

He asked to be traded

• Like 1