Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Texans post game

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

We were kind of stuck because Pittman was hemmed up and Pierce was non productive.  The only thing we really had was a few tight end throws and running Taylor.  We can't repeat this again!  Receiving corps has to be addressed  bc Pierce isn't the answer.

We need something more dynamic to go along with Pittman and Downs.

I don't know how to feel about Pierce since Minshew hardly looked his way when he was wide open, but I agree that he's limited in what he offers at this point. I wouldn't cut him by any means, but I also wouldn't pass up the opportunity to draft his replacement either.

The colts do have a good amount of talent on the team. How else would they have the record they do with a very limited backup qb all year. Where would any of the top teams be without their starting qb? Probably with about the same record as the colts. I do not want the colts to sign gm. I would rather draft a qb to be the backup and play if Richardson gets hurt again and might be a possible replacement if he can’t keep from getting hurt. I also wouldn’t give Pittman a #1 receiver money because he isn’t. I would draft 2 lb’s as high as needed. I like speed, but I don’t like Franklin at all and need two. I know this won’t be popular, but I would trade Taylor to get rid of the contract. I just don’t think he looks like the same player. I think moss hits the hole faster, like Taylor used to. Moss was getting big runs tonight on very limited chances and has shown it all year. 

disappointing in the end, but a good year and looking forward to next year. Hoping Richardson is as good as people think he will be.

8 minutes ago, KB said:

I will say, I've been a Ballard supporter, but this is his final shot at an offseason. We need a significant amount of success next year. I'm not saying super bowl or bust,  but I'm expecting to get to the divisional round of the playoffs. If not, then it's time to move on.

i think QB play is the difference  between this team being 9-8 or being 11-5 or better .   we saw it when manning went down where the same roster that played in the super bowl went 2-14 with a back up QB .  if we can get another weapon for richardson and he can get to the point where he can get close to 30 touchdowns a year we would be a good team .

the defense would look so much better if they werent on the field so much from minshew going 3 and out and being horrible on third down . 

15 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

As the timeout unfolded on that 4th and 1 I said, "it will either be a run stuffed in the backfield or a dropped pass". I saw Goodson wide open heading out to the left, the pass should have been caught but it was a bad throw. What is also pathetic that I haven't seen anyone mention yet is Taylor went out of bounds TWICE so Houston could save their timeouts. Even if we had punched it in there there would have been lot's of time left on the clock for Houston to kick a field goal as time expired. Then this forum would really be exploding about Bradley's SOFT and CUSHY defense!!

I called out Taylor in the game thread after both of those runs. He should have turned it inside both times instead of going outside…not because of the time but because he easily could have had first down yardage especially on the 2nd of those runs had he just turned back inside instead of outside. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, husker61 said:

The colts do have a good amount of talent on the team. How else would they have the record they do with a very limited backup qb all year. Where would any of the top teams be without their starting qb? Probably with about the same record as the colts. I do not want the colts to sign gm. I would rather draft a qb to be the backup and play if Richardson gets hurt again and might be a possible replacement if he can’t keep from getting hurt. I also wouldn’t give Pittman a #1 receiver money because he isn’t. I would draft 2 lb’s as high as needed. I like speed, but I don’t like Franklin at all and need two. I know this won’t be popular, but I would trade Taylor to get rid of the contract. I just don’t think he looks like the same player. I think moss hits the hole faster, like Taylor used to. Moss was getting big runs tonight on very limited chances and has shown it all year. 

disappointing in the end, but a good year and looking forward to next year. Hoping Richardson is as good as people think he will be.

Because there are a lot more bad teams, than good teams this season. 

• Thanks 1

That long FG would've been great to have. Gay hit the cross bar a few times this year.

That Mo drop was tough on one drive and Minshew missed that Mo TD pass that landed a couple yards in from of him.

Sucks because we had some opportunities that didn't go our way.

And the 75 yard opening TD was a one in a million breakdown that of course happens to us... Sucks ..

We got to add some real dynamic talent at WR next year for sure.   If you expect Houston to trot out the same WR corps again you aren't living in reality.  Once you line Stroud up with some real WR and a real RB we got problems for a good while.  We need to get our artillery right because it's not getting any easier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, krunk said:

We got to add some real dynamic talent at WR next year for sure.   If you expect Houston to trot out the same WR corps again you aren't living in reality.  Once you line Stroud up with some real WR and a real RB we got problems for a good while.  We need to get our artillery right because it's not getting any easier.

Adding more play makers is wlwsys a good thing. But just having Richardson back will make a huge difference and all these guys will be better.

23 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

As the timeout unfolded on that 4th and 1 I said, "it will either be a run stuffed in the backfield or a dropped pass". I saw Goodson wide open heading out to the left, the pass should have been caught but it was a bad throw. What is also pathetic that I haven't seen anyone mention yet is Taylor went out of bounds TWICE so Houston could save their timeouts. Even if we had punched it in there there would have been lot's of time left on the clock for Houston to kick a field goal as time expired. Then this forum would really be exploding about Bradley's SOFT and CUSHY defense!!

it was dumb he did it twice! I concur

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I called out Taylor in the game thread after both of those runs. He should have turned it inside both times instead of going outside…not because of the time but because he easily could have had first down yardage especially on the 2nd of those runs had he just turned back inside instead of outside. 

I’m with you 100 percent. I just don’t understand either of those runs. Especially on the second one — as I’m watching it I know it’s going to be a first down and then he just trots out of bounds way short. Mind boggling. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No we need a new DC and a overhaul of the secondary.

i think the safeties are bad but the rookie corners showed some promise .  look up jones grades in coverage he was really good and brents showed flashes .  those two will improve  its the safeties that played bad all year except blackmon

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t want Texans winning the division. I want to see them going to Buffalo or KC and get cooked.

the texans would face the browns if they win the division . flacco will shred that defense and the browns have the number 1 defense

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t want Texans winning the division. I want to see them going to Buffalo or KC and get cooked.

Why? I like the Texans and Stroud better than those Duuuvvvall guys. Stroud doesn't make many mistakes and he is years ahead of TLaw as a rookie. I like watching Stroud play better than watching TLaw play. Stroud makes guys like Nico Collins, who would be a journeyman with other QBs. TLaw has far more pass catching talent than Stroud too, thanks to Khan opening up his wallet. You must have a bias there.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Why? I like the Texans and Stroud better than those Duuuvvvall guys. Stroud doesn't make many mistakes and he is years ahead of TLaw as a rookie. I like watching Stroud play better than watching TLaw play. Stroud makes guys like Nico Collins, who would be a journeyman with other QBs. TLaw has far more pass catching talent than Stroud too, thanks to Khan opening up his wallet. You must have a bias there.

What is it with liking division rivals. These are guys we are going to have to crush in the future.

18 minutes ago, krunk said:

We were kind of stuck because Pittman was hemmed up and Pierce was non productive.  The only thing we really had was a few tight end throws and running Taylor.  We can't repeat this again!  Receiving corps has to be addressed  bc Pierce isn't the answer.

We need something more dynamic to go along with Pittman and Downs.

pierce was wide open for a td at the beginning of the game and Troy aikman pointed out another time he had single coverage deep and that’s a pass that qb’s usually take a shot with. He also said gm needs to take some shots with him beep against a secondary that gives up a lot of long plays. Gm just doesn’t do it, that’s not pierce’s fault!

• Like 2

Just now, Solid84 said:

And it's true...

All those years, we admired how Brady hit Welker in stride, Edelman in stride, James White in stride at the right height etc. and when you watch the lesser QBs, you can tell the differences easily. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Have they corrected JuJu Brents’ injury report yet? It wasn’t a hamstring — dude came down with a bad case of Nico Collins-itis after Nico had torched him for 100 yards on two targets. JuJu decided to show himself out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What is it with liking division rivals. These are guys we are going to have to crush in the future.

I am a fan of football too. What is it with you liking the Jaguars over the Texans? That is what I would like to know. That is not liking division rivals?? Haha!!! Listen to yourself.

• Like 1

Just now, Solid84 said:

And it's true...

I think Steichen was as disappointed with Minshew this season as I’ve been. He was just so limited, and he played like 2021 Carson Wentz against the raiders with the playoffs on the line. Overthrowing or flat out missing open receivers. Not making “gimmes” as Ballard put it back then. 1-11 on third down is not a team problem. It’s a qb problem. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JediXMan said:

That’s the second quarter not the failed play.

Yeah I was gonna say no way would your coach say that after losing the game that blatant on TV.

16 minutes ago, husker61 said:

Huh 

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Well Im out here in Houston so if Colts are eliminated then I automatically have to switch and route for the home team. LOL!

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think Steichen was as disappointed with Minshew this season as I’ve been. He was just so limited, and he played like 2021 Carson Wentz against the raiders with the playoffs on the line. Overthrowing or flat out missing open receivers. Not making “gimmes” as Ballard put it back then. 1-11 on third down is not a team problem. It’s a qb problem. 

Yeah, that is why people need to maintain perspective. Minshew's backup QB tendencies showed up on and off, and unfortunately this time at an inopportune moment, IMO. So he exceeds the bar of expectations sometimes but also lowers the bar, something you have to live with as a backup QB but an outstanding one for us.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, husker61 said:

Dude, we’re not getting rid of 28. We’re also not drafting 2 ILB with our top picks. We need still need WR depth. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mick J. said:

Only four teams are giving up more points a game than the Colts. 

This is ONE of the MAIN problems!!! Quit SETTLING on these old retread coaches that's been fired at multiple stops. It's too easy to attack this basic soft zone defense! The team sack record means nothing because most came against some awfully BAD offenses this season. They can't make stops when it matters. I've seen them on a NUMEROUS of occasions get a sack then turnaround on the very NEXT play and give up a 20 yd or more play.

Coming into this game with Dell and Brown out the only receiving option for Stroud was Nico Collins who MOST dcs would've doubled but NO he hit the Colts for nearly 200 yds!!! Are you kinding me? How about that WIDE OPEN td pass to the little used Beck for the Texans? I hope this is the END of the Gus era as dc. I saw ENOUGH last season with some HISTORIC collapses and that was WITH Gilmore and Rodgers at corner. 

• Like 3