Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's On to the Panthers: Indy vs. Carolina

RollerColt

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think any team that tries harder will do better. Probably win a game or two extra tbh. 

Lets test your resolve on this young man.

Will you be rooting for the Colts to lose this week....on every play you watch for three hours.... and let Frank and Young have "pride" rights so the Colts can pick #4 instead of #7?

Just now, DougDew said:

Lets test your metal on this young man.

Will you be rooting for the Colts to lose this week....on every play you watch for three hours.... and let Frank and Young have "pride" rights so the Colts can pick #4 instead of #7?

I'll be rooting for the players to do well, but to also lose the game. I wouldn't mind a 1 point loss. 

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

Wow! Somebody that most likely played competitive sports and " gets it"

As a competitor, you have to have pride.  Growing up playing competitive hockey, more times than not, the teams I played for sucked big time.  But even in losing, my goal was always to play as well as possible, to standout as a player that NEVER gave up and always strived to be the best.  

As a player, any teammate that is not giving it their all, I am calling that numbskull out, because their lack of effort is hurting my desire to win.  As a coach and GM, any player that isn’t giving it their all is to the bench and then gone if they don’t shape up, because they are hurting my career longevity.  As an owner, any player or coach that is “tanking”, that’s not a person allowed to remain on my team. Effort has to be there and if it’s not, then all those responsible for lack of effort are history!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The only game I wanted to lose was last year's HOU game, and they came through.  Because by then the circumstances were clear that it made a difference in draft position to get one of the QBs.

I don't get the idea of rooting to lose just to get a better chance at a positional player.  Top 15 is good enough for that between scouting and/or trading up or down for value.   

Just bizarre thinking.

Positional player? Hahaha!

It has Zero to do with "a positional" player.

It's about drafting a Great player at the top of the draft then drafting early in Every round with the hopes we are building a very deep, very talented Team that can win at minimum 3 games in a row in a SB run. 

This is it, Nothing else matters. 

11 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Just bizarre thinking.

Positional player? Hahaha!

It has Zero to do with "a positional" player.

It's about drafting a Great player at the top of the draft then drafting early in Every round with the hopes we are building a very deep, very talented Team that can win at minimum 3 games in a row in a SB run. 

This is it, Nothing else matters. 

Only QBs are really worthy of top 5 draft choices anyway, IMO.  No need to intentionally lose to get a top 5 pick.  Great positional players can be found pick 6 through 10 just fine. 

Second round starts the drafting for need more than elite players.

I would like to know how many folks will be honestly rooting for CAR to convert first downs, score TDs, etc. during the game.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Only QBs are really worthy of top 5 draft choices anyway, IMO.  No need to intentionally lose to get a top 5 pick.  Great positional players can be found pick 6 through 10 just fine. 

I would like to know how many folks will be honestly rooting for CAR to convert first downs, score TDs, etc. during the game.

Not I.  I want the Colts to demolish the Panthers!  I will be embarrassed as a fan, if the Colts lose. I said at the beginning of the year that if the Colts only win one game all year, to me it has to be this game against the Reich led Panthers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

It’s all about the ‘when’.  Right now, in this when, I want to win this game.  I want to win every remaining game too no matter our record and what it does to our draft position.  

Next May, no one will care if we lost this game if it improved our draft number.  

But this is now and I never want my team to lose.  I don’t understand that mentality.  

Agree to disagree. Don't care about the rest of this season. AR is gone, so no development for our possible future QB, we are not true contenders, and I'd rather have a high draft pick than no playoffs and a bad draft position. 

8 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Agree to disagree. Don't care about the rest of this season. AR is gone, so no development for our possible future QB, we are not true contenders, and I'd rather have a high draft pick than no playoffs and a bad draft position. 

Look at it this way, we have no Influence on the outcome of a game.  So why not root for your team to win?   Try to enjoy the season as much as possible.  Try to enjoy each game.   

Next May the draft position will be what it is, no sense in being concerned about it now.  

You’ve seen the commercial, pretty soon a cold night in Buffalo will just be a cold night in Buffalo.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Did you happen to notice Myles Garrett in the Browns game? Was he not worth a #1 pick?

18 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Did you happen to notice Myles Garrett in the Browns game? Was he not worth a #1 pick?

Its rare.  How many years go by where there is that positional player worthy of a top5...and not at 7 or 9.   Are the people advocating that we tank this season have a player in mind?  Or is it just speculation that a player worthy of a top 5 pick will be there.

I think most teams draft players in the top 5 because no other team wants to trade up with them.

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll be rooting for the players to do well, but to also lose the game. I wouldn't mind a 1 point loss. 

Not me, not yet.  If we lose this game, then I'm rooting for losses, but a win puts us right in the playoff hunt.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DougDew said:

Lets test your resolve on this young man.

Another bizarre take, you are on a roll today.

Whatever happens happens.

If, they can kick a FG as time expires fine by me.  I want to go to a SB someday, not be a 9-8er like so many of you.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I mentioned this in the trade thread. I heard a local media ot someone on a fan podcast mention this. It makes sense with moss playing so well.

To answer his question.  No. It won’t happen again.  You can tell by the expression in Shane’s face when explaining the screw up that he realizes they messed up with that decision.   

On 10/30/2023 at 4:00 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

I do find it funny how people on this board want Harrison Jr. so bad. I am like you. I would pick Bowers 1st and then go after Higgins in free agency. This team could have let Taylor walk and then dont resign Pittman. They could over pay for Higgins but who cares if those 2 players are gone. Lattimore was on Pittman and nothing. He cannot beat man coverage and this talk of him being a number 1 is grossly over stated. 

Taylor isn't going anywhere.   

Why over pay Higgins?  What is Higgins doing that makes him more valuable than Pittman?  Higgins has Chase to take the coverage and isn't producing.

7 hours ago, DougDew said:

Where do you come up with these takes?  Left tackles, edge players qbs wide receivers are taken inside the top 5 most every year. 

As a matter of fact every QB taken in the top 5 is a need.   That's why they are over drafted so often. 

28 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Where do you come up with these takes?  Left tackles, edge players qbs wide receivers are taken inside the top 5 most every year. 

As a matter of fact every QB taken in the top 5 is a need.   That's why they are over drafted so often. 

There is a difference between taken and worthy.   Worthy is an opinion.  Did you catch that part?  

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Based on your opinion of Worthy? 🤣

Well. Most discussions on most forums on the internet are about people sharing opinions.   

And there are always a few who can’t control their hate that it clouds their ability to read posts clearly 

Granson should be back Sunday. That will add even more firepower to a offense scoring a good amount of points. If colts can score 20 they should win. Good news is panthers have a rookie QB with little weapons. Bad news is Reich knows the weaknesses of this defense. We will see if he takes advantage of that.  I like that we don’t play until 4. Can enjoy the other games before colts play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Granson should be back Sunday. That will add even more firepower to an offense scoring a good amount of points. If colts can score 20 they should win. Good news is panthers have a rookie QB with little weapons. Bad news is Reich knows the weaknesses of this defense. We will see if he takes advantage of that. 

He shouldn’t be able to with little weapons.   Unless we beat ourselves.

8 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Look at it this way, we have no Influence on the outcome of a game.  So why not root for your team to win?   Try to enjoy the season as much as possible.  Try to enjoy each game.   

Next May the draft position will be what it is, no sense in being concerned about it now.  

You’ve seen the commercial, pretty soon a cold night in Buffalo will just be a cold night in Buffalo.  

Yeah, we have no influence, how is that relevant? I didn't think we did. You're rooting for them to win, I am rooting that them to lose as much as possible. This current state of the Colts not entertaining to watch to me. I'm concerned with the draft position because the season is already lost. ( not officially, I know) 

6 hours ago, Zoltan said:

This is completely off topic but with how many people that are mentioning drafting MHJ, can you imagine the outrage if we have the chance to draft him and trade back or pick a different player lol

It would be absolutely crazy 🤣. I don't think I could take it. I would probably hate Ballard after that. 

Jim Irsay would walk that card up himself if they had a chance at MHJ. Lol. In all seriousness I expect colts to win a few more games. Schedule is just too easy and they have been in every game. Mt guess colts will be drafting right around ten. Some where around there. Now if they lose the next two then that’s pathetic and I might have to reacccess. Pats game being overseas kind of neutralizes any advantage. Colts are not leaving until Thursday for Germany.

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

It will be really pathetic, if the Colts should lose. and the reason is because Reich outcoaches them.

I appreciate that the current view among many here is that Frank is a bad coach and that he was never a good coach.    I’ve never believed that.  

He may not have been great, but for most of his time I thought he was good.   At the end, he just wasn’t good enough and it was time for a change.   As I like to say, you’re the right coach right up until the moment that you’re not. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tsarquise said:

Yeah, we have no influence, how is that relevant? I didn't think we did. You're rooting for them to win, I am rooting that them to lose as much as possible. This current state of the Colts not entertaining to watch to me. I'm concerned with the draft position because the season is already lost. ( not officially, I know) 

Thats sad.   I can understand that you’re not happy with the state of the team.  I doubt any of us are.  

But I can’t root for them to lose.  To each their own.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Thats sad.   I can understand that you’re not happy with the state of the team.  I doubt any of us are.  

But I can’t root for them to lose.  To each their own.  

I guess I should be clear. I want them to lose in style. Kind of like they have been these past two games. I don't want them to be completely inept; that would be bad. 

I hope that makes sense lol.

The offense putting up numbers with the backup QB is hopeful. 

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Taylor isn't going anywhere.   

Why over pay Higgins?  What is Higgins doing that makes him more valuable than Pittman?  Higgins has Chase to take the coverage and isn't producing.

When Chase was injured, Higgins took over as  the #1 receiver and excelled. He went up  against the #1 corners and held his own. Pittman is at best a good #2.