Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's On to the Panthers: Indy vs. Carolina

RollerColt

With a heavy QB draft and plenty of teams in need for that position I'm not so sure "tanking" is the way to go. You could argue that our next 3 games are very winnable (possibly 4 depending on how Levis performs), then you're at 6-5 with a good run again after the Bengals. Maybe I'm a dreamer but I'm very much in the camp of go out and try and win the (every) game, I think with this one we do and shove it down Reichs throat 😃

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Richie_ScottishColt said:

With a heavy QB draft and plenty of teams in need for that position I'm not so sure "tanking" is the way to go. You could argue that our next 3 games are very winnable (possibly 4 depending on how Levis performs), then you're at 6-5 with a good run again after the Bengals. Maybe I'm a dreamer but I'm very much in the camp of go out and try and win the (every) game, I think with this one we do and shove it down Reichs throat 😃

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DougDew said:

Its rare.  How many years go by where there is that positional player worthy of a top5...and not at 7 or 9.   Are the people advocating that we tank this season have a player in mind?  Or is it just speculation that a player worthy of a top 5 pick will be there.

I think most teams draft players in the top 5 because no other team wants to trade up with them.

Bottom line: The higher the pick (particularly up at the top of the 1st round), the more

valuable it is as an asset. 

I highly doubt that the Colts will be lousy enough to end up in the top-5. But that 

said, #3 or #4 has more value than #7 or #8.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Richie_ScottishColt said:

Here Here!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

I guess I should be clear. I want them to lose in style. Kind of like they have been these past two games. I don't want them to be completely inept; that would be bad. 

I hope that makes sense lol.

The offense putting up numbers with the backup QB is hopeful. 

Okay, we’re not too far apart.  I root for them to win, but when they lose I don’t get upset because the light at the end of the tunnel (the draft) gets brighter.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

For what it’s worth it was actually Mike Chappell that said this on the afternoon show.

Some here would run him into the ground until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 

Certainly once Grover left we were cooked if not when AR was done.

I hate to see Q, Kelly, Smith, Moore, Buckner, Grover, or Taylor risk/waste their bodies even one more play on this season. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Some here would run him into the ground until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 

Certainly once Grover left we were cooked if not when AR was done.

I hate to see Q, Kelly, Smith, Moore, Buckner, Grover, or Taylor risk/waste their bodies even one more play on this season. 

The Colts are not out of the playoff hunt by any means yet.  A win over the Panthers puts them right in it with 5 of their last 8 games at home.

Okay… my birthday is on November 6th.

It is too much to ask for a victory… for my birthday? :thinking:

Okay, everyone is invited to celebrate my birthday AND a victory over the Panthers on November 6th.

Oh, and umm, Potluck and BYOB…

Oh Yeah, I wear XL shirts :cheer2:if you bring a gift :headspin:

Remember, guys, it’s only in golf

when the winner has the lowest score:scratch:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

The Colts are not out of the playoff hunt by any means yet.  A win over the Panthers puts them right in it with 5 of their last 8 games at home.

Unfortunately we don’t have an advantage playing at home.  I have always thought for some time now that we play better on the road.  Don’t know why but it appears that way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

PFF just published a scatter diagram showing the remaining strength of schedule for all the teams.  The Colts have the easiest and it’s not even close.  Even with our current record the playoffs are still definitely within reach.

With Grover out and the secondary I am not so sure. Brent’s will probably be out until at least after the bye. That patriots game  being  in Germany neutralizes everyhing.  Colts are not leaving until Thursday. We will see if pats leave earlier. We win next two then we will see. The colts  defense is just not good. That will be the downfall. I think offense will keep scoring plenty of points to win.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Worth it to listen to Rick Venturi on the colts podcast today. Talked about how Bradley needs to blitz because we know Reich does not handle blitz control very well. 

Reich knows this defense but Bradley also knows Reichs offense. Should be a interesting chess match.

Difference is it is on the road for Minshew and the offense. Their strength is their pass rush. So, if we take the sacks and don't have the fumbles, we will live to fight another day constantly and be in the game. The Panthers haven't gotten ahead of other teams by much, so there will always be a chance to be in the game for us.

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

With Grover out and the secondary I am not so sure. Brent’s will probably be out until at least after the bye. That patriots game  being  in Germany neutralizes everyhing.  Colts are not leaving until Thursday. We will see if pats leave earlier. We win next two then we will see. The colts  defense is just not good. That will be the downfall. I think offense will keep scoring plenty of points to win.

All teams have injuries this time of year.  The fact remains these teams coming up are not good at all.  Playing on the road is good for us I think.  Our home record is horrible.  We shall see but we are in a good position to make a run.

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Well colts are not very good either.

I'd say the Offense is good, maybe a B.  The Defense...well, is there something below F?

Lack of D talent and poor coaching schemes do not a good defense make, lol!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

But we have the easiest schedule by far.  The teams with similar records have a much tougher schedule.  Parity is here.  Having an easier schedule is an advantage. 

I have not given up on the Colts but I will if we lose to the Panthers.

CBS have the Colts-Panthers game at 4:00 EST Sunday. Usually the Colts games are early; they play late when they travel to the West coast. I wonder why the the schedule is later.

That's bad because the Cowboys-Eagles game is at the same time on FOX. I would like to see that game as it should be a good one. I can probably check scores and switch during commercials.

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

CBS have the Colts-Panthers game at 4:00 EST Sunday. Usually the Colts games are early; they play late when they travel to the West coast. I wonder why the the schedule is later.

That's bad because the Cowboys-Eagles game is at the same time on FOX. I would like to see that game as it should be a good one. I can probably check scores and switch during commercials.

No it’s because when the schedule came out it was Reich vs colts and Richardson vs young. It’s more nationally televised.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

PFF just published a scatter diagram showing the remaining strength of schedule for all the teams.  The Colts have the easiest and it’s not even close.  Even with our current record the playoffs are still definitely within reach.

That's good cause I think we've had the 4th toughest schedule this far.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Difference is it is on the road for Minshew and the offense. Their strength is their pass rush. So, if we take the sacks and don't have the fumbles, we will live to fight another day constantly and be in the game. The Panthers haven't gotten ahead of other teams by much, so there will always be a chance to be in the game for us.

Minshew is 2-1 on the road in his career.

1-4 at home.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, w87r said:

That's good cause I think we've had the 4th toughest schedule this far.

Which is another interesting statistic.  Some of our games were clearly in our grasp.  Easy to see how our record could be 5-3 or 4-4 instead of 3-5.  It is what it is but so is our remaining schedule.  Go Colts.

19 hours ago, richard pallo said:

People were saying this before the season. We’re 3-5. 

I hope we win out, but I’d like to actually SEE this team win the games we’re supposedly good enough to win. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Hopefully, the team increases the use of TE's in the passing game. Ogletree has done well in limited targets, and I think Mallory is capable of stretching the middle of the field and contributing.  It would keep help keep defenses honest and assist the running game.

I agree. I don’t get drafting hyper athletic TEs like Ogletree, Mallory and Woods if all they do is block. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Makes you wonder how bad Irsay wants this one - playing the former coach and the QB they did not attempt to move up in the draft for.

Not as bad as he wanted Luck to beat Peyton by holding some kind of team meeting with Grigson, relieving Pep Hamilton of his duties and hiring Rod Chudzinski as OC, worked great for the 2015 Colts vs Broncos game but cost Luck a lacerated kidney and the season unfortunately. That felt personal to me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts only play one more elite QB and that’s burrow. They don’t even play any really good QB this second half.

And now we have a fully healthy JT and Moss.  And we are back on the road which is a good thing for some reason.  Our bye is coming at the perfect time too.  All is not lost.  I think we are in for a very nice second half to the season.

Beside Thielen, no one on the Panthers team has more than 19 receptions.  They're not a good running team.  Their O line isn't that good, forcing Bryce to do a lot of dump offs.  And he gets sacked a lot.

If their offense consistently moves the ball against us on Sunday, then we're either in tank mode or the FO is blind to Gus's defensive failures.