Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

coaches

OLD FAN MAN

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

how many seasons can we blame coaches for the colts poor record? our roster and record keeps getting worse. who is to blame for our poor showing?

The ones who write the scripts.... or some rather  think  the  Football Gods. 

Pat McAfee says the colts are cursed. haha

Its not the coaches. 

Whichever, it's likely to go on. 

• Like 1

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Its not the coaches. 

I put lots of blame on Ballard with his moves,  picks and his bargain bin free agency history signings.

• Like 2

Well, Reich was a big problem, but Ballard was the bigger problem…and IS the bigger problem. He does not know how to assemble a proper football team. Again, and I’ll say it again and again, our team offensively may not be the chiefs..or eagles…but they are clearly capable of putting up enough points to win all with a backup QB and missing our star RB most of the games…it is our defense where we lack…trading Gilmore for example…what a lame move by Ballard….even lamer is not having gone out and getting someone worthy to replace him. He’s done this with O-line as well..and WR’s…he’s a mediocre GM and that’s being generous IMO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Offense is playing with a back up QB proving the old saying if you play a backup too ling they will show you why they are a back up right.  So the offense will go as far as the ground game, Downs, and to certain extent Pittman can take them.  

On defense your best run defender is suspended for another month, your superstar linebacker is still trying to come back from injury, your tackle machine linebacker is hurt, and your already young secondary is without you could argue their top three corners if you count Rogers in there since he was a key part of your plan when you put the roster together.  So it’s pretty Buckner and Moore and bunch of guys on defense.

Shane has made a lot of rookie mistakes and I am not a big fan of Gus but the coaches can only do so much with so many key players out.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

how many seasons can we blame coaches for the colts poor record? our roster and record keeps getting worse. who is to blame for our poor showing?

Reich was a bad coach.  Shane has the potential to be a good coach.  We don't have the players we need, especially on defense, and that's on Ballard.  That being said, Bradley is not a good DC.  Even with a good secondary, we would still see Bradley's soft zone get absolutely exposed in today's NFL.  It is an antiquated defense that doesn't work in the modern NFL, no matter who you have on defense.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Its not the coaches. 

Oh the conspiracy theories again.   :lol:

7 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Reich was a bad coach.  Shane has the potential to be a good coach.  We don't have the players we need, especially on defense, and that's on Ballard.  That being said, Bradley is not a good DC.  Even with a good secondary, we would still see Bradley's soft zone get absolutely exposed in today's NFL.  It is an antiquated defense that doesn't work in the modern NFL, no matter who you have on defense.  

Does Bradley play soft zones, and do I hate this defense?  The answer is yes. That being said. U let Bradley play man with this bunch with that lame front 4, and it is going to be bad, like, really bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Oh the conspiracy theories again.   :lol:

Why would I change when I've been right for years and years on the colts AND you and others know it. Not to mention the profits I make.

How's the colts doing this year?.....and how did they do last year?

...and the year before? .....and pretty much for the last decade????? And the two decades prior to Polian/Manning arriving? 

:funny:

A brick house can fall on some and still can't or admit to seeing the reality. Lol

Maybe if they replace Bradley and draft Marvin jr. the colts future will be bright and prosperous like the polian/manning days :funny: ..... Hope I'm wrong for the sake of die hard colt fans  but don't hold your breath. :funny:

And don't try to trick me to get my picks from me to bet on. If you or someone else wants my picks I'd be more than glad to share my thoughts in private message or public, only needed to ask..... But trying to fool me out of them was not cool....especially since were all fellow colt fans. 

16 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Why would I change when I've been right for years and years on the colts AND you and others know it. Not to mention the profits I make.

How's the colts doing this year?.....and how did they do last year?

...and the year before? .....and pretty much for the last decade????? And the two decades prior to Polian/Manning arriving? 

:funny:

A brick house can fall on some and still can't or admit to seeing the reality. Lol

Maybe if they replace Bradley and draft Marvin jr. the colts future will be bright and prosperous like the polian/manning days :funny: ..... Hope I'm wrong for the sake of die hard colt fans  but don't hold your breath. :funny:

And don't try to trick me to get my picks from me to bet on. If you or someone else wants my picks I'd be more than glad to share my thoughts in private message or public, only needed to ask..... But trying to fool me out of them was not cool....especially since were all fellow colt fans. 

How the Colts are doing has nothing to do with the games being rigged.   Good lord.   Is that your evidence?  The Colts with terrible qbs lose?  I don't want your picks.   I do fine on my own.   I spent the day in a sports book.  I did fine

31 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How the Colts are doing has nothing to do with the games being rigged.   Good lord.   Is that your evidence?  The Colts with terrible qbs lose?  I don't want your picks.   I do fine on my own.   I spent the day in a sports book.  I did fine

Lol, I've forgotten more evidence than most have ever known or will ever know. 

I know its not a story you and others like to be reminded of.....the owners of dolphins and brownies paying their coaches to lose. haha

Its ok to be or pretend to be naive....I don't care. 

I don't know if you really did fine betting but you would have done better with my picks. And that doesn't change the fact you tried to trick me out of my picks. 

Lets call it a day because I don't want to take the time and trouble to  respond OR put you on "ignore". 

Have a good one. 

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Lol, I've forgotten more evidence than most have ever known or will ever know. 

I know its not a story you and others like to be reminded of.....the owners of dolphins and brownies paying their coaches to lose. haha

Its ok to be or pretend to be naive....I don't care. 

I don't know if you really did fine betting but you would have done better with my picks. And that doesn't change the fact you tried to trick me out of my picks. 

Lets call it a day because I don't want to take the time and trouble to  respond OR put you on "ignore". 

Have a good one. 

You are a delusional human being and perhaps need help .  

Irsay needs to quit buying guitars and start buying some stars, when Pittman is your #1 you know you're in trouble. No pass rush, terrible depth in the secondary and still trying to find our QB. It's time for Irsay to spend some money, we tried to build through the draft and we've gotten some great players but we need a few stars to win the division and/or get to the playoffs.

42 minutes ago, tncoltsfan57 said:

Irsay needs to quit buying guitars and start buying some stars, when Pittman is your #1 you know you're in trouble. No pass rush, terrible depth in the secondary and still trying to find our QB. It's time for Irsay to spend some money, we tried to build through the draft and we've gotten some great players but we need a few stars to win the division and/or get to the playoffs.

How did irsay spend money from the Colts salary cap on his guitars?

• Like 2

Trading Rock Ya Sin, Gilmore were both moves that didn’t get us much in return. Moss for Hines was a great trade, so was the 1st for Buckner.

This over pay of homegrown talent has left us with Shaq Leonard. I’m thinking you play it out with drafted players and if they go in free agency, your compensatory draft pick is probably higher than your trade return. 

2 minutes ago, J@son said:

Right?! The delusion in here is unreal… 

People really think Jim would rather spend money on guitars over getting star players for his team? They truly don’t know or understand how much Irsay loves this team and wants to win. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Maybe its not Ballard, maybe it’s his scouting department? From Morocco Brown to Ed Dodds and all other scouts!  This is where the problem lies!

No he is working with him on player evaluation as well. 

44 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Maybe its not Ballard, maybe it’s his scouting department? From Morocco Brown to Ed Dodds and all other scouts!  This is where the problem lies!

Ballards drafting is good. That’s not a issue. Every GM has hits and misses.

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

Title needs to change to GM’s 🤭 Let Gilmore go and you don’t at least keep McLeod for a veteran leadership

They didn’t let him go. He asked for a trade.

59 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Trading Rock Ya Sin, Gilmore were both moves that didn’t get us much in return. Moss for Hines was a great trade, so was the 1st for Buckner.

This over pay of homegrown talent has left us with Shaq Leonard. I’m thinking you play it out with drafted players and if they go in free agency, your compensatory draft pick is probably higher than your trade return. 

The rock move looks really bad because yannik didn’t pan out. Rock has been elite. He was playing good when we traded him too.

1 hour ago, J@son said:

People are going to grip and complain about things they want to be true even if they aren’t.  Aside from the fact he can’t do that anyone who has followed the Colts for microsecond knows Irsay will spend every last dime he can if it will help the Colts win.  Look at the two pro teams in this town, there are reports that the Pacers owner won’t let them spend into luxury tax and they have cap within a cap.  That’s an Owner who won’t pay.  You’ve never heard of the Colts missing out on someone because Irsay won’t cough up the money for them.  

2 hours ago, BCMak24 said:

I said from day one that hiring gus bradley would be a bad move he's no different than eberflus's trash defense and yet here we are again with more soft coverages and weak tackles

What's even worse, is when they fired Reich, instead of cleaning house,  the brass insisted the new HC keeps Bradley and all his assistants. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

What's even worse, is when they fired Reich, instead of cleaning house,  the brass insisted the new HC keeps Bradley and all his assistants. 

Don’t believe everything you here. Steichen was a rookie HC and keeping stability on that side was important. Also colts hired Steichen late and options were gone. That will probably change  this off season.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Don’t believe everything you here. Steichen was a rookie HC and keeping stability on that side was important. Also colts hired Steichen late and options were gone. That will probably change  this off season.

I said all along, keeping Bradley would only set the new head coach back. Firing Gus after one more failed season will have accomplished nothing. Then they will have to start the process all over again next year. One of the dumbest things Ballard has ever done.

12 hours ago, tncoltsfan57 said:

That... that's not how any of this works....

On 10/29/2023 at 11:00 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The rock move looks really bad because yannik didn’t pan out. Rock has been elite. He was playing good when we traded him too.

The Raiders decided not to sign him to a new contract and let him hit FA.  He was available to every team.  The Ravens signed him to a one year deal this year for 8m.  So he will hit FA again unless they resign him.