Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week#4, Rams @ Colts, Sunday, October 1st, 1:00PM EDT

NFLfan

Rams @ Colts  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2. 2. How many sacks will the Colts have?

3. 3. How many receiving yards will Puka Nacua have for the Rams?

• Less than 50
    • 50 to 100
    • More than 100
    • Who's Puka Nacua??

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2023 at 05:10 PM

Just now, compuls1v3 said:

1 over throw?  Stuff happens.   A fumble where is was really down?  And a fumbled snap?  From 2nd string center.  

The snap was perfect it hit him in the hands, no one else has fumbled and he want down that was fumble plan as day and stopped the offense and the over throw was on a key third down.  The Rams have made those plays and you have to make those plays in the NFL to be a good QB.  He’s not gotten the job done today.  It’s not others letting him down.  It’s him not playing well.

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think Shaq is done. I bet he isn’t back next year. He is becoming a liability.

He needs time to get his body right. Colts should’ve sat him until week 6 to gain more muscle mass. He lost a lot, the thinking was he would regain this as the season progressed 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

The snap was perfect it hit him in the hands, no one else has fumbled and he want down that was fumble plan as day and stopped the offense and the over throw was on a key third down.  The Rams have made those plays and you have to make those plays in the NFL to be a good QB.  He’s not gotten the job done today.  It’s not others letting him down.  It’s him not playing well.

Richardson had one practice with French this week. I am sure the Rainmann thing happening late in the week hurt. Protection calls are important and Kelly is missed badly.

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

We're usually on the same page. Not today.  This is a total team failure, not just him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Richardson had one practice with French this week. I am sure the Rainmann thing happening late in the week hurt.

The line has played fine in pass protection.  This is all Richardson struggling on offense.  He’s a rookie and the Rams are a good defense it was going to happen at some point.

3 minutes ago, Boss7894 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the Rams are actually being kind of conservative…? I’m just watching red zone and the stats though so I don’t know for sure 

You're correct...McVay clearly has taken his foot off the gas a little in the 2nd quarter.  I can't really blame him.  

4 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

He’s had one overthrow. Defender made a good play on forcing the fumble. One bad snap. % happens. Quit acting like Richardson is the reason this team isn’t doing anything. EVERYONE misses throws, it happens. You’re acting like he’s got 3 interceptions and hasn’t made any completions. 

he has 0 points in a full half and 50 yards passing .  i understand he is a raw rookie but every one keeps pumping him up like he is already great .    he will learn but he has to get more accurate  passing .   this is why the colts dont  throw down field they need to see more from richarson

With all things considered, we escaped this first half pretty fortunate, given the penalties and poor execution.

This is a young team, and I’m looking forward to seeing how they bounce back in the second half.

20 points is not an insurmountable lead. If we can tighten things up, and clean up the execution and playcalling, this could be an informative second half at the very least!

I know that this will not be a popular opinion, but I’m actually not upset with the circumstances. Being behind by 20 means that Shane is going to have to open up the playbook a little bit and allow Richardson to push it down field. This is invaluable experience, and these will be invaluable reps to help Richardson develop. 

I want to see this team perform as well as they can this season, but let’s not lose sight of the fact that this is about the future for us, more so than the present.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

He’s had one overthrow. Defender made a good play on forcing the fumble. One bad snap. % happens. Quit acting like Richardson is the reason this team isn’t doing anything. EVERYONE misses throws, it happens. You’re acting like he’s got 3 interceptions and hasn’t made any completions. 

Richardson could be throwing 3 INT and actually be the reason we are losing and I'd still want him out there.

The line has played fine in pass protection.  This is all Richardson struggling on offense.  He’s a rookie and the Rams are a good defense it was going to happen at some point.

This is a team breakdown. This defense looks ten times worse then Richardson. Offense had barely been on the field. Your over reacting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, coming on strong said:

he has 0 points in a full half and 50 yards passing .  in understand he is a raw rookie but every one keeps pumping him up like he is already great .    he will learn but he has to get more accurate  passing .   this is why the colts do throw down field they need to see more from richarson

What deep routes are we getting with our WR? Everything is in the middle. Pierce is never open and drops stuff when he does get a chance. Pittman is the only receiving threat we have. If they’d turn Downs loose in the slot, it might help. We just don’t have the receivers good enough to open things up and make the big plays consistently. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

He’s made some mistakes for sure but I don’t think they’ve been that egregious or catastrophic. The defense has been swish cheese today with Buckner playing injured and or DB getting cooked. AR has some faults today but there is plenty of blame to go around. 

Lets let the rest of the game play out. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, compuls1v3 said:

We're usually on the same page. Not today.  This is a total team failure, not just him. 

On offense it starts with him.  He played awful in that half other than running and even then he had a very costly fumble.  The passing game was nonexistent in the first half outside of one throw and that’s him not the WRs.  

Defense has its own issues and it mostly starts with Buckner being very limited.  

Again ugly half but let’s stop the Richardson is struggling because of others around him.  He’s struggling.  Are others playing well?  Not really but they aren’t making Richardson struggle he’s doing that on his own and I am sure Richardson will tell you that himself.  

Again he’s a rookie going up against a good defense not really shocking it’s happening.  It happens but let’s just be honest and admit he’s struggling.

• Like 2

On offense it starts with him.  He played awful in that half other than running and even then he had a very costly fumble.  The passing game was nonexistent in the first half outside of one throw and that’s him not the WRs.  

Defense has its own issues and it mostly starts with Buckner being very limited.  

Again ugly half but let’s stop the Richardson is struggling because of others around him.  He’s struggling.  Are others playing well?  Not really but they aren’t making Richardson struggle he’s doing that on his own and I am sure Richardson will tell you that himself.  

Again he’s a rookie going up against a good defense not really shocking it’s happening.  It happens but let’s just be honest and admit he’s struggling.

No one is saying that. The point is the entire team looks bad. It’s not just his fault.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

What deep routes are we getting with our WR? Everything is in the middle. Pierce is never open and drops stuff when he does get a chance. Pittman is the only receiving threat we have. If they’d turn Downs loose in the slot, it might help. We just don’t have the receivers good enough to open things up and make the big plays consistently. 

the colts are not trying to take deep shots because of a rookie QB.   they want to build him up but they will have no choice in the second half .    pierce and pittman are fine with  deeper routes, that is what they are good at high pointing the football . 

Just now, coming on strong said:

the colts are not trying to take deep shots because of a rookie QB.   they want to build him up but they will have no choice in the second half .    pierce and pittman are fine a deeper routes that is what they are good at high pointing the football . 

Just do it!

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Could it be a tale of two halves?   Let’s face it.  It will take a miracle.

It’s not that crazy of a scenario. 

March down & score. Get a stop. Go back & score. 

20-10 or 20-14 with a quarter to play gives us a solid, albeit low, chance

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Bull he’s over throwing WRs, fumbling snaps and not letting plays develop that’s on him.  Stop making excuses.  

that is what scared me about drafting him. Nfl qb play is above the shoulders, not below! Hopefully he can get there.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is a team breakdown. This defense looks ten times worse then Richardson. Offense had barely been on the field. Your over reacting.

No I am not I am being honest and I’ve called the defense out as well.  However I was specifically taking about Richardson in the conversation you jumped into.  I am not saying the season is over.  I am saying Richardson struggled in the first half, he did.  I said it’s understandable he’s a rookie QB going up against a really good defense.  That’s hardly an overreaction that’s rational.  

• Like 1

Just now, CoachLite said:

Just do it!

shane wants to baby AR  i dont agree with it .   let him go out swinging we are not winning a superbowl this year anyway .   the best way to get AR reps and learn is to throw the ball down field and learn and take his lumps .   the offense is short passes screens and QB runs only

• Thanks 1