Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson is bad

lennymoore24

30 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I mean, I think that drafting a Qb on athleticism and potential at #4 is a clear over draft, but he seems to have performed exactly how it was expected, with maybe some unexpected praise for poise and composure.  I think poise and composure goes a long way at this point.

Serious question: What do fans expect from a rookie in his first game?

Richardson's performance was as good as anyone could expect. I watched many games since Thursday and everyone looked just okay. Fields probably looked best of all the QBs I saw, but he only threw 3 passes, two which went for 2 TDs. One cannot expect a rookie to come in and do that. 

• Like 6

Just now, NFLfan said:

Richardson's performance was as good as anyone could expect. I have watched many games since Thursday and everyone looks just okay. Fields probably looked best of all the QBs I saw, but he only threw 3 passes, two which went for 2 TDs. One cannot expect a rookie to come in and do that. 

I saw a comment by Bears fans online after the DJ Moore touchdown

"Mahomes better watch out cause Fields is the best QB in the league"

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

32 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

To be fair I thought he wouldn’t pan out before the first snap. Didn’t watch the game bc I was working but was wondering how he looked.  I fully expect him to struggle and we won’t know how good he is for 1-2yrs. I don’t think he works out but I also don’t think most QBs work out.  Still going to wait and see what happens. 

And he may very well not work out. I’m not sold on him by any means but it’s WAY to early to tell. Or judge or praise. Maybe and i mean MAYBE by the end of season we might have some insight one way or the other but im giving it at least into year two to say one way or the other.

and that goes for all these QBs. I didn’t like any of the ones in this class. I felt they were all overrated projects. But we won’t know likely for a while

• Like 1

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

Peyton Mannings first game threw three interceptions and did not throw a TD pass until the remaining few seconds of the losing game. His first win came in week five against a guy named Ryan Leaf (:lol:). What a waste of a draft pick???

So then by this logic you are saying richardson did not suck nearly bad enough to be the next Peyton Manning right ?? haha 

:sarcasm:

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

And he may very well not work out. I’m not sold on him by any means but it’s WAY to early to tell. Or judge or praise. Maybe and i mean MAYBE by the end of season we might have some insight one way or the other but im giving it at least into year two to say one way or the other.

and that goes for all these QBs. I didn’t like any of the ones in this class. I felt they were all overrated projects. But we won’t know likely for a while

I hope he does well.  I’m with you and thought it was a weak class but we almost had to make a move bc we put it off so long.  I’m still excited to see how they employ him and if he takes after the coaching. AR needs a lot of time so nothing to do but give it to him.  Should be fun. 

• Like 1

Good: Posture, command, pocket feel and avoid rush.

Bad: Most of the balls to Pittman were too high, its your WR1, lets work on it. 

Hero/Crazy ball on INT

Great: That ball to Pierce, we didnt have that ball on our arsenal since Luck good days.

There's work to be done, there's reason for optmism, dont freak out.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, lennymoore24 said:

I find it so funny how everyone is going out of their way to elevate this guy and his play.  Venturi raps up game by saying how impressed he was wtih Richadson. ha  What a joke. You mean the guy who threw a terrible interception and threw a number of balls either too high or off target?  Sorry, just because we spend the number 4 pick on a QB and HOPE he becomes good doesn't make him good.  He is and will always be what she showed in college. Which is he has great athletic skills.  But he makes bad decisions, has terrible ball placement, and is inaccurate.

I have never, ever seen a running QB who played one year of college football, have a losing record, barely completely over 50% of his passes, get into the pros and become a good passing QB.  No Josh Allen didn't play one year of college football. Sorry.  I have been a Colts fan since they were in Baltimore.  I love the Colts.  But I am not going to drink the Kool-Aid and just because the guy was a high pick, cheer about how good he is.  If Sam Ehlinger had that same performance, we would probably say he should be 3rd string.   It was a wasted pick, he is going to be a terrible failure as an ACCURATE, GOOD DECISIONS NFL QB, and I will look back at this 2-3 years from now when they have to clean house as him being what finally took it down.  It is too bad, because I think Ballard is a good GM and I think Steichen could be a good coach.  Gardner Minshew is clearly as better all around NFL QB than Richardson, but Irsay won't allow that to happen.  Sad.

Oh well, Art Schlichter needs company as a bust #1 QB pick for the Colts :)  Richardson will never come close to be anywhere near Jeff George's overall career.

I mean I'm not convinced he'll be great until he is actually great, but this is an extremely premature... opinion.

1 hour ago, Shive said:

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

This feels less like "Richardson is bad" and more like "I don't like Richardson and I'm using the few negatives of the one quarter of his first NFL action to cement my position". He didn't look anywhere near as bad as you've made him out to have been. He had the INT and a couple of incompletions, but he also had a gorgeous would-be TD pass dropped by Pierce that literally couldn't have been in a better spot.

Glad to see a preview of what to expect from you this season.

That’s what I wanted to say more or less. My response might have got me in trouble though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lennymoore24 said:

I find it so funny how everyone is going out of their way to elevate this guy and his play.  Venturi raps up game by saying how impressed he was wtih Richadson. ha  What a joke. You mean the guy who threw a terrible interception and threw a number of balls either too high or off target?  Sorry, just because we spend the number 4 pick on a QB and HOPE he becomes good doesn't make him good.  He is and will always be what she showed in college. Which is he has great athletic skills.  But he makes bad decisions, has terrible ball placement, and is inaccurate.

I have never, ever seen a running QB who played one year of college football, have a losing record, barely completely over 50% of his passes, get into the pros and become a good passing QB.  No Josh Allen didn't play one year of college football. Sorry.  I have been a Colts fan since they were in Baltimore.  I love the Colts.  But I am not going to drink the Kool-Aid and just because the guy was a high pick, cheer about how good he is.  If Sam Ehlinger had that same performance, we would probably say he should be 3rd string.   It was a wasted pick, he is going to be a terrible failure as an ACCURATE, GOOD DECISIONS NFL QB, and I will look back at this 2-3 years from now when they have to clean house as him being what finally took it down.  It is too bad, because I think Ballard is a good GM and I think Steichen could be a good coach.  Gardner Minshew is clearly as better all around NFL QB than Richardson, but Irsay won't allow that to happen.  Sad.

Oh well, Art Schlichter needs company as a bust #1 QB pick for the Colts :)  Richardson will never come close to be anywhere near Jeff George's overall career

Your post doesn't even deserve a response smh.  #1 - he didn't look horrible for his first time out against the #6 rated defense last year.  #2 -How about he get some help from his supposed star receivers? I'm specifically looking at you, Alec.  That's all I'm going to say.  Like I said, your post really wasn't even worth a reply.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

I have been silent for a long time and with good reason. I, for one, did not want Richardson. With that said, I think he might just be okay or better... EVENTUALLY. 

What is going to hurt him IMHO is our receivers. Downs is legit and should be starting over Mackensie. Pittman and Pierce, absolutely not.  <these two are WR2b and WR3.

We have been voided of true receiver talent for a long time. We NEED receivers in a bad way.

Colts need to let Pittman get paid elsewhere and in a couple years Pierce can move on too.

These two will have flashes from time to time but never consistent enough to actually matter. It wasn't just lack of QB play as Nuk never had a QB for years b4 Watson and was putting up mad numbers as one example. Stop giving these JAGS a pass. They cannot gain separation most times and that's the problem and if it's not them, it's the scheme because we all remember when manning was here, and every receiver and TE were ALWAYS open. These guys are just not. 

Granson and Downs shined today for me, along with my boy DJ. Jackson is legit. Free Deon..Ha!!

The drop by Pierce is inexcusable. 

I won't be posting much or commenting as I personally want to see this pan out and hope AR can grow and become what everyone should want.

Hopefully, we can secure a top two pick next year because we need Marv Jr in the worst way but AZ holds the Texans #1 too so it might not be attainable3.

Anyway, accuracy does need to be improved, duh, but overall, I thought AR was fine.

Go Colts!

I'm a big MPJ fan but I agree that MPJ isn't a true #1 WR, but I definitely think he would make a great #2.  I don't see a reason to get rid of him, though.  Keep him.  Sign him to a solid contract and then get an elite #1 via the draft or free agency.  

33 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

So then by this logic you are saying richardson did not suck nearly bad enough to be the next Peyton Manning right ?? haha 

:sarcasm:

One thing about the NFL, take all the stats and ratings and sometimes in the end are worthless dribble. 

2 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

Oh well, Art Schlichter needs company as a bust #1 QB pick for the Colts :)  Richardson will never come close to be anywhere near Jeff George's overall career.

Did you see levis his awareness  was bad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

OK….    Who had the first pre-season game on their bingo card for the poster who proclaims AR a failure forever?

Holy Cow…..    :facepalm:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Richardson's performance was as good as anyone could expect. I watched many games since Thursday and everyone looked just okay. Fields probably looked best of all the QBs I saw, but he only threw 3 passes, two which went for 2 TDs. One cannot expect a rookie to come in and do that. 

Agreed.  I don't know what some expect.   All rookies are going to struggle in their first preseason game, and many beyond that.

I think what's interesting, and could be concerning as the season goes along, is that all three rookie QBs struggled in the areas the projections said they might struggle.

AR struggled some with accuracy

Levis made some nice plays but took sacks.

And Stroud seemed to be a bit shell shocked by the NFL game.

I think a big part of the progress of all three QBs should be measured on how well they solve their weaknesses.  Its good to see that AR has poise, which is probably something that is difficult to acquire more than fixing footwork, etc.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

For people who maybe didn’t see the game (and for the OP)

https://youtu.be/M-UmbrqhCAU

Thanks.  This film is NOT what I was expecting from the OP.  I thought he did pretty well.  Had a few dropped passes, had a few bad throws ( the "sidearm" throw was horrible), but he has potential.  That drop by Pierce was gut wrenching.

Well we might have been complaining about Will Levis...almost! 

Rookie quarterback Will Levis struggled to stay on his feet for much of the Tennessee Titans' 23-17 preseason loss to the Chicago Bears on Saturday.

Making his NFL in-game debut, the second-round draft pick out of Kentucky went 9-of-14 for 85 yards, no touchdowns and one interception, and also took four sacks.

Best part about this video was it showed the assistant coach running up to Richardson we he rolled out and scrambled to the right for -2yds.

Coach was telling him to throw it away.

Couldn't see that in the video, but saw it live.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It would seem that the poster of this thread had been eagerly awaiting their first opportunity to post something like this based on it's content - which absolutely lacks anything resembling intelligence. 

And their lack of replying to any of the responses in the thread they created is classic 'hit and run'. 

What a joke.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What I see in this film:

The pick was on AR, clearly.  It looks like the classic case of a Qb being pressured and double pumps with the second one resulting in a weak throw to the flat to covered receivers that could have been a pick 6.  Maybe McKenzie ran the wrong route that kept the first pump from being a throw, but that ball should not have been thrown and AR should have taken the sack.  The D won that play, line up and punt if you have to.

Maybe its circumstances, but it looked like AR was less effective moving or throwing to his left than down the middle or to the right.  More games and samples please.

The throw to AP was perfect.  It was a tough catch given the route and the coverage.

Hull is the real deal.  I'll just say it now.  He's got the quick vision to find the open space and the forward lean to maintain some balance after contact.   Not an allpro centerpiece, but the versatile RB outlet the Colts need.  The only concern at this point is speed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

What I see in this film:

The pick was on AR, clearly.  It looks like the classic case of a Qb being pressured and double pumps with the second one resulting in a weak throw to the flat to covered receivers that could have been a pick 6.  Maybe McKenzie ran the wrong route that kept the first pump from being a throw, but that ball should not have been thrown and AR should have taken the sack.  The D won that play, line up and punt if you have to.

Maybe its circumstances, but it looked like AR was less effective moving or throwing to his left than down the middle or to the right.  More games and samples please.

The throw to AP was perfect.  It was a tough catch given the route and the coverage.

Hull is the real deal.  I'll just say it now.  He's got the quick vision to find the open space and the forward lean to maintain some balance after contact.   Not an allpro centerpiece, but the versatile RB outlet the Colts need.  The only concern at this point is speed.

I thought Hull lacks the physicality to break tackles and gain tough yards. But he is good and quick in open space, he seems like a good receiving/screen RB. Jackson impressed me more as an every down back. My concern is Kelly and Fries holding it together. We need more oline depth. We are one injury away from disaster up front.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Did you see levis his awareness  was bad

Was Levis the QB that Lenny Moore wanted to draft?

As I wrote before, if Richardson was "bad", then Levis and all the rookie (and most veteran) QBs were "bad" too. 

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

lol the doom and gloom is happening sooner than I thought

And it is not warranted. That post seems like it was written a while back, but the writer decided to post it now. :facepalm:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I thought Hull lacks the physicality to break tackles and gain tough yards. But he is good and quick in open space, he seems like a good receiving/screen RB. Jackson impressed me more as an every down back. My concern is Kelly and Fries holding it together. We need more oline depth. We are one injury away from disaster up front.

Same I saw him more of a scat back but he was running through people 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Richardson got unlucky twice. Once on the drop by Pierce, and the other for the INT when McKenzie ran the wrong route. He was good otherwise. I'll wait until preseason is over before panicking (unless he gets hurt first).

I mean…were there some off-target throws that he needs to get on target?  Yes.  The pass thrown behind Granson comes to mind.  And he was high a couple times (which seems to be his miss).  MP2 came down with one of them.

But, all in all for a first appearance against a real NFL defense, I was pleased.

And my tolerance level for miscues is going to be higher for him than it would be for a veteran.  Almost all QBs who start as rookies make them in abundance.

• Like 4