Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Someone's betting big on the Colts

RockThatBlue

2 minutes ago, AKB said:

nothing more than a lottery ticket. 

crazier things have and will happen though. 

At least a lotto ticket is $2. Honestly that guy was better off spending the $800 on the powerball. Probably better odds to win at that point lol

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, twfish said:

At least a lotto ticket is $2. Honestly that guy was better off spending the $800 on the powerball. Probably better odds to win at that point lol

Lottery tickets can be $1, $2, $3, $5, $10, $20, $30, $40, $50, and $100 depending on the state you live in. I've bought everything but the $100 ones. Too scared to buy one of those lol! haha 

• Like 1

I will have to look at all the odds, I would think even putting $100 on the Colts to win the division would net someone $1000 if it happened. That actually could happen if the Jags have an off year and Lawerence struggles or gets injured. I would make a bet like that, if I lose $100, oh well for a chance at $1000. I make a lot of bets during the season (all legal), usually I break about even. I win some, lose some. Gambling can be addictive, so you have to watch it. I pretty much do it for fun and never lose too much. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aces101 said:

Was it Isaiah Rodgers?? LOL 

I realize this was a joke, but it got me thinking. With Rodgers suspended, and then cut by the Colts, does that mean he can bet on NFL games without penalty? 

11 minutes ago, coltsva said:

I realize this was a joke, but it got me thinking. With Rodgers suspended, and then cut by the Colts, does that mean he can bet on NFL games without penalty? 

That will give NFL reason to never reinstate Rodgers again when he applies at the end of this season. Also, he needs to keep it clean, attend some therapy or program to get rid of the addiction or habit and prove to the league that he's been a good citizen in their eyes to have a chance to continue his football career..

He mentioned in his social media post that he'd do what's required to get back at football, so hopefully he doesn't fall into that trap again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, coltsva said:

He's not in the NFL right now, so they can't penalize him.  But it's a bad look if he ever wants to get back into the league.

But this brings up a good question about ex-players.  Just because a guy retires doesn't mean he doesn't have friends on the team, or on other teams.  In normal conversation they could ask "How's (a star player) looking?  Is he really over that injury?"  

Gamblers are always looking for an edge.

BTW, the odds of that guy winning his bet on the Colts are exponentially better than if he put that money into lotto tickets.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, coltsva said:

I wouldn't say without penalty. at some point, he will have to face the music with the league in terms of tr ying to acquire reinstatement. continuing to gamble, while suspended for gambling, is an awful look if he has any hopes at all of ever playing in the NFL again.

of course, this is just my 2 cents

AFC South and NFC south are 2 total mess divisions where anything can happen. Jags are solid but have fallen off the edge when solid in the past and have several holes. Saints look the class of NFC south but Kamara may be suspended. Whoever comes out of those 2 divisions give themselves a chance to advance. Stranger things have happened 

31 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

AFC South and NFC south are 2 total mess divisions where anything can happen. Jags are solid but have fallen off the edge when solid in the past and have several holes. Saints look the class of NFC south but Kamara may be suspended. Whoever comes out of those 2 divisions give themselves a chance to advance. Stranger things have happened 

the afc south imo, is in a transition phase. just think of all the stars that were here, and are gone 

Andrew Luck

DeAndre Hopkins

JJ Watt

Mercilus

DeShaun Watson 

(titans sucked bad during this period, not many to name)

but now the next crop is coming up .

Trevor

Stroud

Richardson

Levis

( i know they all need to prove outside Trevor)

plus all the other rookies that just game to the afc south like will anderson jr. 

19 hours ago, twfish said:

Ehhh no his chances are better here. Heck you’re 2 times more likely to be struck by lightning and LIVE, than you are to win the powerball

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Ehhh no his chances are better here. Heck you’re 2 times more likely to be struck by lightning and LIVE, than you are to win the powerball

My odds of winning the lotto are about the same as everyone else’s.  And I don’t buy a ticket.   

Remember your friends here when the Colts win the SB!

On 7/3/2023 at 5:27 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Honestly, I’m not even sure it’s that high?  

Honestly, if this season (2023) was re-played a thousand times - same player experience, nothing learned from one attempt to the next - I'd bet money we wouldn't win the Super Bowl even once.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2023 at 8:25 PM, Tsarquise said:

There is probably a 1 percent chance that this happens. 

This better got 250-1 on his bet. If the book where he bet this has the correct odds that would mean the odds are .004 of him winning the bet. that would team he has less than 1/2 of 1% .

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

This better got 250-1 on his bet. If the book where he bet this has the correct odds that would mean the odds are .004 of him winning the bet. that would team he has less than 1/2 of 1% .

So, you’re telling me there’s a chance?

(Okay, where’s that Dumb & Dumber meme?)

18 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

800 is big money??

To me $800 is quite a bit but I agree not big money. Then again to a person that only makes $50,000 a year or so, I guess $500 could be considered a pretty big bet on something. It just depends on what a person makes per year. To me if I bet $1000 on 1 game (which I would never do), I would consider that a big money bet). To someone that makes $100,000 a year, they would probably consider that pocket change and betting a $1000 on a game to them would be no sweat off their back if they lost. 

22 hours ago, Smonroe said:

So, you’re telling me there’s a chance?

(Okay, where’s that Dumb & Dumber meme?)

About the same chance as I have getting a date with Scarlette Johansson