Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly and Mo Cox officially on the trade block/will be released

Indeee

Maybe the pup likes to chew up houses. I paid $1,700 for a Pug last year and it chews up everything. I'm living with it but I would be lying if I haven't thought of giving it away. Plus she attacks the cat we've had for eight years. At this point our loyalty goes to the cat.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, DattMavis said:

Unless you’re old and barely able to take care of yourself, people who “re-home” animals are just lazy. It checks out with Kelly’s play recently. 
If he’ll quit on his own dog, he’ll quit on this team.

Now tell us how you really feel about Kelly! haha

7 hours ago, DattMavis said:

Unless you’re old and barely able to take care of yourself, people who “re-home” animals are just lazy. It checks out with Kelly’s play recently. 

Well, well, well….. 

Here's a candidate for worst post of the year.   Congratulations!    

Dear God….     :facepalm:

Not that you care….   But many who re-home a pet are poor, or they’ve lost their job and have to move to a place where they can’t keep their pet.   There are plenty of heart breaking stories and apparently you’ve heard none of them.   

Now clearly this isn’t the problem with the Kelly family.    But they have other issues that none of us know about.   There’s no reason he shouldn’t get the benefit of the doubt. 

Good luck…. 

On 3/12/2023 at 6:46 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

I have 2 small ones and a cat and a large paranyese/collie mix. The large dog was a rescue. We have had issues with him biting. We have hired trainers and he has gotten  better but he is a bad resource guarding dog and we  know his triggers.  99% of people worked have put him down but we r committed but he has brought a lot  of stress to the family.  We  rescued him and he is apart of our family. We won't  give up no matter what. 

Moose your dog gets loose and bites me or my wife or kids, his life expectancy will plummet.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well, well, well….. 

Here's a candidate for worst post of the year.   Congratulations!    

Dear God….     :facepalm:

Not that you care….   But many who re-home a pet are poor, or they’ve lost their job and have to move to a place where they can’t keep their pet.   There are plenty of heart breaking stories and apparently you’ve heard none of them.   

Now clearly this isn’t the problem with the Kelly family.    But they have other issues that none of us know about.   There’s no reason he shouldn’t get the benefit of the doubt. 

Good luck…. 

Which is why is said old or barely able to take care of yourself bud. If you have health issues or financial issues where you can’t take care of yourself, that’s one thing.

Kelly doesn’t. He’s a multi-millionaire athlete with the ability to take care of his dog while moving. The fact that he doesn’t care to even look into it shows that he doesn’t think about things much. I want players that take care of their own.

29 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

Which is why is said old or barely able to take care of yourself bud. If you have health issues or financial issues where you can’t take care of yourself, that’s one thing.

Kelly doesn’t. He’s a multi-millionaire athlete with the ability to take care of his dog while moving. The fact that he doesn’t care to even look into it shows that he doesn’t think about things much. I want players that take care of their own.

All I’m saying is that he and his wife are trying to find their dog a new loving home. That’s all I care about.   The fact that their millionaires is clearly NOT the problem.   But there is an issue of some kind.   I give them the benefit of the doubt for trying to find their pet a good new home where the pet can be happy and loved.   Even rich people can have problems.   I thank them for getting their pet a new home.   I don’t make the connection that someone who quits on their pet means they’d quit on their team.   Not for a guy who has played hard in good times and bad as a captain.   

I hope you’ll reconsider….    

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

All I’m saying is that he and his wife are trying to find their dog a new loving home. That’s all I care about.   The fact that their millionaires is clearly NOT the problem.   But there is an issue of some kind.   I give them the benefit of the doubt for trying to find their pet a good new home where the pet can be happy and loved.   Even rich people can have problems.   I thank them for getting their pet a new home.   I don’t make the connection that someone who quits on their pet means they’d quit on their team.   Not for a guy who has played hard in good times and bad as a captain.   

I hope you’ll reconsider….    

Sorry, my first comment probably came off as more rude than it should have. I was hyper annoyed because right before I saw the thing about Ryan Kelly, someone my wife and I went to school with posted that they are selling their dog of multiple years, because dogs are “…more work than they thought.” and they, “…don’t have time…” even though they don’t work and don’t have kids. 
I also had my dog cuddled up on my lap at the time, so that didn’t help. 

There are credible reasons for someone to give up a pet, especially if it would be for the pet’s benefit. It’s personally hard for me to see how a wealthy professional athlete who has a schedule and salary all of us would give anything to have can’t take care of a pet, but I’m willing to keep an open mind.

I don’t think Kelly’s play as of late  warrants his salary, draft position, or a spot on this roster, but I hope he goes somewhere else and is successful.

1 minute ago, DattMavis said:

Sorry, my first comment probably came off as more rude than it should have. I was hyper annoyed because right before I saw the thing about Ryan Kelly, someone my wife and I went to school with posted that they are selling their dog of multiple years, because dogs are “…more work than they thought.” and they, “…don’t have time…” even though they don’t work and don’t have kids. 

There are credible reasons for someone to give up a pet, especially if it would be for the pet’s benefit. It’s personally hard for me to see how a wealthy professional athlete who has a schedule and salary all of us would give anything to have can’t take care of a pet, but I’m willing to keep an open mind.

I don’t think Kelly’s play as of late  warrants his salary, draft position, or a spot on this roster, but I hope he goes somewhere else and is successful.

Thank you.   That was a very classy response.   Very much appreciated.

I feel your pain about what was happening in your world.   My wife and I are pet people.  They’re family.   Life without them is unimaginable. 

On 3/12/2023 at 2:14 PM, IndyD4U said:

Soo……My wife and Kelly’s wife are friends. They re-homed their puppy last week because they didn’t expect to be here much longer. 

I can see Mo getting cut

Sounds like he put as much effort into taking care of his puppy as he did at blocking pass rushers.

(I'm not usually this mean... really.... but Ryan was one of the guys whose effort was absolutely pathetic the past season and a half)

14 hours ago, DattMavis said:

Is this what they call "ate up" ?

1 hour ago, DattMavis said:

you do realizse that  i was being somewhat  dramact in my response lol?

1 hour ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Sounds like he put as much effort into taking care of his puppy as he did at blocking pass rushers.

(I'm not usually this mean... really.... but Ryan was one of the guys whose effort was absolutely pathetic the past season and a half)

Actually he played with good effort, if you Actually Watched him.

He and Q both played at less than 100%.

You sir are sad and a poop stirrer. Go away. 

53 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I hope so but I can’t believe we are asking a lot.  A trade gives us more cap relief.

I would see if Arizona would take Kelly, Moore, Cox, and a 2024 2nd to move up to 4. They should be better on salary cap space with the talent they’ve lost in recent years. Especially if they trade Hopkins.

12 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I would see if Arizona would take Kelly, Moore, Cox, and a 2024 2nd to move up to 4. They should be better on salary cap space with the talent they’ve lost in recent years. Especially if they trade Hopkins.

I'd be all for that if either Young or Stroud were still on the board.

Otherwise - I really don't think there's much separation between Levis and Richardson.

12 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I'd be all for that if either Young or Stroud were still on the board.

Otherwise - I really don't think there's much separation between Levis and Richardson.

Levis = Stafford-Cutler

Richardson = Newton-Hurts

There some separation there somewhere.

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Levis = Stafford-Cutler

Richardson = Newton-Hurts

There some separation there somewhere.

I'll give you that Levis was hurt a lot of last year, and he gets kudos for playing through it.  He does have a strong arm, but my issue was with his reads.  It could be he wasn't coached very well.  And it is a plus that he won so many games with Kentucky.

Not sure he belongs in the Cutler comparisons, but I'm sure he doesn't belong in the Stafford comparisons.

Pretty much agree with your Richardson  group.

So, I get your point.

26 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The fact that we haven’t moved to 3 yet is puzzling to me.  It shouldn’t be too hard.  We have the players you mentioned and we have extra later round picks.  It’s only going to get more expensive as we get closer to the draft.  I don’t understand the hesitation.  So they are not worried about someone jumping in front of them.  They are fine with that.  We need a quarterback.  We could wind up with the 4th off the board.  They don’t want the chance to at least choose between two.  Maybe they are waiting to kick the tires on LaMar first.  If that door closes then you move up.  Otherwise I don’t see the risk of waiting to make the trade.  It doesn’t make sense to me.

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

The fact that we haven’t moved to 3 yet is puzzling to me.  It shouldn’t be too hard.  We have the players you mentioned and we have extra later round picks.  It’s only going to get more expensive as we get closer to the draft.  I don’t understand the hesitation.  So they are not worried about someone jumping in front of them.  They are fine with that.  We need a quarterback.  We could wind up with the 4th off the board.  They don’t want the chance to at least choose between two.  Maybe they are waiting to kick the tires on LaMar first.  If that door closes then you move up.  Otherwise I don’t see the risk of waiting to make the trade.  It doesn’t make sense to me.

Yeah I get why you wouldn’t move up to 1. You wouldn’t want to give up the picks on a team that still has some rebuilding to do. But it really shouldn’t cost them that much to move up 1 spot with a team that has even more holes than us. You can use players if you don’t want to give up picks.

On 3/14/2023 at 10:04 AM, DattMavis said:

I know i am going to catch alot of hate for this.

Its a freaking dog. Ryan's and his wife have went through something that is not only physically hard to get past but also psychological. Something like that can change a life and marriage. While I think dogs are amazing and great for companionship they can also be wreak havoc on your life. I think Ryan has checked out mentally and needs to do whatever it is that makes him and his wife happy and less stressed. I would rather somebody not own a animal then keep one they don't want. I don't know the story but this is just my OP.

On 3/16/2023 at 10:38 AM, richard pallo said:

Because no one is moving up most likely for Richardson or Levis. If something happens on draft  night  where young or stroud fall then we might see some activity toy move up.

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Because no one is moving up most likely for Richardson or Levis. If something happens on draft  night  where young or stroud fall then we might see some activity toy move up.

I think that’s why you do it now.  The cloud of uncertainty.  Things could go south so quickly on draft night.  Take the uncertainty away.  Be proactive not reactive imo.

On 3/16/2023 at 10:27 AM, Smonroe said:

I'll give you that Levis was hurt a lot of last year, and he gets kudos for playing through it.  He does have a strong arm, but my issue was with his reads.  It could be he wasn't coached very well.  And it is a plus that he won so many games with Kentucky.

Not sure he belongs in the Cutler comparisons, but I'm sure he doesn't belong in the Stafford comparisons.

Pretty much agree with your Richardson  group.

So, I get your point.

It's is a guy this, that, or someone in between. Cutler had talent, a big arm, and moved well. Now what went on inside that head... it turned into a lot of int's that is for sure.

If we get jumped and it's between Levis and Anderson, I would believe we take the Elite pass rusher. lol

26 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Id probably bring Kelly back another year to finish his contract.  His cap hit is kind of big but we dont even need the money for next year and hes a free agent after that.  Yeah he had a down year but he could also bounce back. 

Kelly has 2 years left on his contract.

They maybe made him available because Steichen doesn't believe he can move well enough to run his diverse blocking schemes.

If it were just money his $10+M is negotiable or maybe he said no already and would rather be a FA. For us any pick is better than none of course.

I'm praying for a monster trade with Chicago for pick #9. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I think that’s why you do it now.  The cloud of uncertainty.  Things could go south so quickly on draft night.  Take the uncertainty away.  Be proactive not reactive imo.

I doubt AZ is going to move down before draft night because if young or stroud do fall to 3 they are going  to get more.

Why haven't the Colts moved up to #3 yet? It takes BOTH teams to agree. AZ may  value their draft spot far more than many here, and are looking at multiple offers, what is best for Their team. I have said here that AZ looses nothing if they swap picks with the Colts if they want one of the defensive guys, knowing the Colts will draft a QB. 

Archived