Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly and Mo Cox officially on the trade block/will be released

Indeee

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

A poster says his wife and a players wife are friends.   He shares inside info.   And you respond that you don’t believe the poster?!?    

Why would he makes this up?  Who would lie over something like re-homing a puppy?    Why wouldn’t you believe that poster?  

I am to beleive that an NFL millionaire would  rehome his puppy? If he did then good ridding. I  have 3 dogs and a cat, so I  an animl lover and for someone to give up on a puppy with millions is not worth having on my team lol.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hmmm…Jeff Saturday came a year after Peyton, he was undrafted. Ryan Kelly was drafted well after Luck, he was a first rounder.

I think a rookie QB with a rookie center concept is being made bigger than it is. You need a capable QB and plenty of reps. Plus journeymen centers pitched in for Andrew Luck earlier. Just need a good one. Plus Pinter has outplayed Kelly at center the last 2 years whenever he spelled him.

yeah that all sounds great until you see protection assignments being blown every game. 

13 minutes ago, krunk said:

I started feeling like it was time for Mo to go anyway. 

Mo is overpaid. 

19 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am to beleive that an NFL millionaire would  rehome his puppy? If he did then good ridding. I  have 3 dogs and a cat, so I  an animl lover and for someone to give up on a puppy with millions is not worth having on my team lol.

lol dude what?

20 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I love my dog too, doted on every dog I have had. The most important thing is that the dog has a very good home. I'd rather the dog go to a home where the situation is more stable and suitable for the dog than with an owner unsure if they will have the time. Life happens, even to millionaires, and the fact that they are seeking good owners tells them it matters to them that the dog is truly taken care of. 

Quit throwing stones at people just because they are millionaires, it did not keep Kelly and his wife from suffering their newborn child's tragedy, did it, because they were millionaires? Life happens to everyone. 

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

lol dude what?

The rumour that  Kelly rehomed his puppy so therefore he is expecting to be cut. I  call ....... because why would a millionaire rehome a puppy and if he did ,  I don't want him on this team as I am an animal lover. U  get an animal and u committ to it lol

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The rumour that  Kelly rehomed his puppy so therefore he is expecting to be cut. I  call ....... because why would a millionaire rehome a puppy and if he did ,  I don't want him on this team as I am an animal lover. U  get an animal and u committ to it lol

What is there to lol about it? You are a jerk for thinking life only matters in your prism and perspective, and others have to live their lives according to your lens. Life happens to everyone. 

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

yeah that all sounds great until you see protection assignments being blown every game. 

Just an overreaction to this last season's blown assignments by Kelly. 

Pouncey, Kelly, Travis Frederick, all the highly rated centers, when drafted early, have reaped immediate rewards but then over time, they go downhill too. Max Unger with Seahawks, Goodwin with Saints etc., that is life for a center.

Strausser is gone, and history has suggested our OL has had more pros than cons prior to 2022. So I will take the glass half full. 

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I love my dog too, doted on every dog I have had. The most important thing is that the dog has a very good home. I'd rather the dog go to a home where the situation is more stable and suitable for the dog than with an owner unsure if they will have the time. Life happens, even to millionaires, and the fact that they are seeking good owners tells them it matters to them that the dog is truly taken care of. 

Quit throwing stones at people just because they are millionaires, it did not keep Kelly and his wife from suffering their newborn child's tragedy, did it, because they were millionaires? Life happens to everyone. 

Remember issac Rochelle that played here. Him and his wife live in California the off-season. Have two golden retriever. Take those dogs across the country every season. To where they are going and back in the off-season. I kind of agree with moose. Re homing a puppy because you are moving is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Remember issac Rochelle that played here. Him and his wife live in California the off-season. Have two golden retriever. Take those dogs across the country every season. To where they are going and back in the off-season. I kind of agree with moose. Re homing a puppy because you are moving is ridiculous.

Re-homing a puppy is easier than re-homing an older dog. Puppies get adopted much faster, if you follow dogs closely, which you do. Anyways, let's get the thread back on track. 

8 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

that is by far the most absurd thing you've said. 

Just now, chad72 said:

Re-homing a puppy is easier than re-homing an older dog. Puppies get adopted much faster, if you follow dogs closely, which you do. 

You don’t rehome pets just because you move. Granted there are exceptions like losing your house and apartment won’t take them ect. That isn’t the case with Kelly. Dogs are your family. Isaac and his wife have a cat too. They load car up 2 times a year and travel across country for football season. Granted it’s not a reason to cut someone.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Hey I loves animals  what can I say lol

no dude.

the part where if he rehomes a puppy he shouldn't be a colt.

that is the most absurd thing you've ever said. (at least that i've read)

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You don’t rehome pets just because you move. Granted there are exceptions like losing your house and apartment won’t take them ect. That isn’t the case with Kelly. Dogs are your family. Isaac and his wife have a cat too. They load car up 2 times a year and travel across country for football season. Granted it’s not a reason to cut someone.

Just because it is not something you or I do doesn't mean that he isn't doing the right thing. To me, the dog getting a good home is by far the most important thing to me, and if you can see that big picture, you won't keep harping on it. As long as all efforts are being made to get the dog the right home, that is all that matters to me personally.

Anyways, back on track. Yes, I do believe drafted centers with a rookie QB can pay dividends. 

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

no dude.

the part where if he rehomes a puppy he shouldn't be a colt.

that is the most absurd thing you've ever said. (at least that i've read)

Well I was being a  little dramatic and let's be honest. I dont need some  guy to say he is a friend of Kelly to tell me a story  stating that Kelly was assuming  he was going to be cut. I kind of figured that one on my own based  on his crappy play the  last w years and his contract. 

38 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Their lives are about to change.  The wife could be taking on a new job in an unfamiliar city and kellys future in the league is uncertain

They may not have time in the coming months or cant promise that they will have time for it.

Dont want to move to a new city with new jobs and a puppy home alone all day. 

34 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Your mind works in mysterious ways. 

I’m not here to defend Kelly.   I’m here to defend the poster who shared the info.   The person you said to them….   “I don’t believe you.”

And for what it’s worth….   I’m an animal lover too.   Always have been.   

7 minutes ago, Dark Superman said:

Chris Ballard is now trying to trade multiple players to which he handed big-money contracts over the past few years.

Check out NFL.com.   Check out ESPN.  

Players with big contracts get cut all the time.   Every year.   Some, like Kelly, are due to injuries.   Some, like Cox, are due to performance.   And by the way, Cox’s  contract is NOT a big money contract.  

The point is, this type of thing happens on every single team. 

46 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Tell us how you really feel :lol:

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

A poster says his wife and a players wife are friends.   He shares inside info.   And you respond that you don’t believe the poster?!?    

Why would he makes this up?  Who would lie over something like re-homing a puppy?    Why wouldn’t you believe that poster?  

Well if you believe that, I have Nigerian prince and I want to give you 100,000 dollars, but I’ll need your full bank account info, routing number, date and place of birth, and your SSN

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yeah, I have three dogs, and those little boogers can annoy the crap out of me, but I would never give them up no matter what; till death do us part. 

Just now, Tsarquise said:

Yeah, I have three dogs, and those little boogers can annoy the crap out of me, but I would never give them up no matter what; till death do us part. 

I have 2 small ones and a cat and a large paranyese/collie mix. The large dog was a rescue. We have had issues with him biting. We have hired trainers and he has gotten  better but he is a bad resource guarding dog and we  know his triggers.  99% of people worked have put him down but we r committed but he has brought a lot  of stress to the family.  We  rescued him and he is apart of our family. We won't  give up no matter what. 

Nothing like a pet to bring out the extremes in people. My experience with dogs are they are pack animals and get attached to people(their pack) not where they reside. The story does seem strange. Maybe the posters intent was to start something, and succeeded. But that would never happen on an online forum.

6 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

This is promising news.

Doing some "dirty work" ridding ourselves of inadequate performers is not a Ballard strength. 

Neither of them are up to the tasks that Steichen's offense requires.

IMO, Steichen will be influencing Ballard a great deal, which should make Ballards drafting look wiser in time.

Wow! Another knock on Ballard.How many more ways can we find fault?

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well if you believe that, I have Nigerian prince and I want to give you 100,000 dollars, but I’ll need your full bank account info, routing number, date and place of birth, and your SSN

So you’re saying you think the poster is lying?     

I’ve already said I’m not defending Kelly. 

Can we get off of the righteous pet loving crap.  As a person who could care less about dogs (can I say that?), I see Kelly's trying to re-home a puppy as being a caring gesture.

When my kids try to bring home a puppy, I would re-home the thing ASAP.  Being a millionaire or moving has nothing to do with it as far as I'm concerned. 

Kelly being separated from the Colts was predicted here by many.  Cox too.  

56 minutes ago, Dark Superman said:

Chris Ballard is now trying to trade multiple players to which he handed big-money contracts over the past few years.

Well, maybe that’s a sign that he’s changed. Isn’t that what everybody’s clamoring for? They want to see Chris Ballard do something different.?

Rather than cut Kelly (if an adequate trade can’t be worked out), why not pursue the option of renegotiating the contract.  Seems reasonable that a 2 year extension that helps the salary cap situation ought to be possible.  Sure he hasn’t performed quite up to snuff the last couple of years, but considering circumstances,  injuries, etc., reasonable people ought to be able to find a win win renegotiation.

3 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Rather than cut Kelly (if an adequate trade can’t be worked out), why not pursue the option of renegotiating the contract.  Seems reasonable that a 2 year extension that helps the salary cap situation ought to be possible.  Sure he hasn’t performed quite up to snuff the last couple of years, but considering circumstances,  injuries, etc., reasonable people ought to be able to find a win win renegotiation.

Nope. I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of seeing him not playing up to snuff. It’s time for an upgrade.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Who will be the first to blame Ballard for players now having to rehome dogs. Won't be surprised as his been blame for everything else.:lol:

8 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

It’s possible they did that and Kelly said no

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It’s possible they did that and Kelly said no

Indeed.  We have no way to know.  What I do know is, if I were running things and I still valued a player, even though he has not performed up to expectation, I would ALWAYS try a renegotiation before just cutting the guy.

Regardless, oh to be a fly on the wall at Colts HQ to really know what is going on behind the scenes.  

3 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Indeed.  We have no way to know.  What I do know is, if I were running things and I still valued a player, even though he has not performed up to expectation, I would ALWAYS try a renegotiation before just cutting the guy.

Regardless, oh to be a fly on the wall at Colts HQ to really know what is going on behind the scenes.  

Here’s the thing. There’s a common misconception that renegotiation results in saving the team money, it can’t. All they can really do is either extend the years, thus lowering his cap hit or move the bonus money and salary numbers around to trick the cap hit into being lower yet. 

short of cutting him or trading him, he will get the money he signed for one way or the other. 

Archived