Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly and Mo Cox officially on the trade block/will be released

Indeee

On 3/18/2023 at 9:57 AM, Lifetime Colt said:

Why haven't the Colts moved up to #3 yet? It takes BOTH teams to agree. AZ may  value their draft spot far more than many here, and are looking at multiple offers, what is best for Their team. I have said here that AZ looses nothing if they swap picks with the Colts if they want one of the defensive guys, knowing the Colts will draft a QB. 

A trade down with the Colts might just happen as late as draft night when the Cards are on the clock.   At that point, the Cardinals can see if the Colts are interested in moving up and what the Colts offer might be?    Maybe at that point the Colts will be interested, or not.

From the Colts perspective, it might depend on the QBs available and the amount to move up one spot? 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10068530-colts-trade-rumors-ryan-kelly-on-the-block-mo-alie-cox-potentially-available

Should Kelly be cut before or after June 1?

...Cutting or trading Kelly before June 1 would save $7.9 million for 2023 while putting $4.5 million in dead money on the books, per Spotrac. A post-June 1 move would bring even bigger savings ($10.1 million) while spreading the dead money equally ($2.3 million each year) across 2023 and 2024...

15 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10068530-colts-trade-rumors-ryan-kelly-on-the-block-mo-alie-cox-potentially-available

...Cutting or trading Kelly before June 1 would save $7.9 million for 2023 while putting $4.5 million in dead money on the books, per Spotrac. A post-June 1 move would bring even bigger savings ($10.1 million) while spreading the dead money equally ($2.3 million each year) across 2023 and 2024...

I’m pretty sure they could cut him now and designate it as a post June 1 cut.  They have the choice.  A recent article said the Jets are also interested in Kelly to be the new starter for Rodgers.  They lost their starting center to FA and they want a veteran.  They could wait for the release as well.

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I’m pretty sure they could cut him now and designate it as a post June 1 cut.  They have the choice.  A recent article said the Jets are also interested in Kelly to be the new starter for Rodgers.  They lost their starting center to FA and they want a veteran.  They could wait for the release as well.

Thanks. That would be great if the Jets do take him. 

On 3/20/2023 at 9:25 AM, 1959Colts said:

I’m wondering if they don’t wait until after the draft TBH. It’s a poor class in FA for centers. So maybe they see what they can get in the draft at center and if they get someone who can start, then they’ll trade/cut him.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’m wondering if they don’t wait until after the draft TBH. It’s a poor class in FA for centers. So maybe they see what they can get in the draft at center and if they get someone who can start, then they’ll trade/cut him.

I think as soon as Rodgers is officially a Jet Kelly will be traded to them.  I think the trade is already in place just waiting for it to happen.  JMO of course.

I know some don’t want to hear this but it’s possible that the Colts paid Kelly and Moore their roster bonuses because they plan to keep them.  While Kelly’s name was linked this report Moore’s name hasn’t come up at all in terms of being moved other than speculation.  There’s been no reports he’s being shopped or the Colts were planning to release him.

Mo is different because he could go at anytime but they are probably waiting to see how Ogletree is doing in his rehab and or if they have another injury in camp/pre-season.  They only have to release him if they need the money to go after someone.  Right now that doesn’t seem to be an issue so I doubt they move on from him unless someone gives them a draft pick or they decide to release him in final cuts.  

With the lack of OL additions and a true starting RG am not sure moving on from OC Ryan Kelly is worth it.  Seen a recent article supporting my claim that the Colts should pass on a QB this year and focus on USC or UNC's QBs next year as "generational" talent and much better than this draft class.  Don't be shocked if we trade back in Round 1 and draft RG Torrence while picking up 2024 first round pick add it to ours and make the move to #1 in 2024.

Archived