Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PRnum1 said:

That's a close up picture of the Colts jet in a private airport. 

If it's not Ballard then how was the pic taken ?

Yep, it would have to be a fan imitating Ballard that can also get close to the team and its jet. I doubt that happened. I also doubt it's someone in the Colts organization posing as Ballard either. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Now I want to know did colts tell Richardsons agent to keep the meeting and workout quiet yesterday and not leak who was there?  It is odd that we know about Levis and who was there but not Richardsons.

They either want Levis or Richardson. Depending on their motives, they are either being truthful towards their intention to draft Levis, or putting on an act to steer teams away from Richardson if they trade up to 3.

3 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Just throwing this out there.

Would any of you be interested in Mac Jones or Trey Lance for a 2nd or 3rd if we don't get the QB we want at 4?  

No to Mac Jones. And while I'd consider Trey Lance, I don't want to go another season with someone else's hand-me-downs at QB, so that's probably a no also.

Just draft a guy at #4. I don't think it's that complicated, I think that's been the plan for a long time, and it's what I expect to happen.

7 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Just throwing this out there.

Would any of you be interested in Mac Jones or Trey Lance for a 2nd or 3rd if we don't get the QB we want at 4?  

They brought in Steichen to develop the QB from day 1, the way they want him developed.

39 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Not sure if this has been posted 

That makes the most sense.  Teams used to negotiate terms prior to the draft when they had the first pick.  this was before the rookie salary structure.  I always wanted to see the first pick settle the contract then see the second pick do it but i never saw that happen.

I don't think we will ever see a team announce the pick prior to the draft ever again.

At this point, if I'm the Colts, if they take a QB at 4, then I would also take a QB in the third or fourth as well.

BYU guy in 3rd or Bennett in 4th

After seeing the Malik Willis debacle and the Lance situation in SF, I would let each of them beat one or the other out for the job.

I'm not even joking here. 

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

At this point, if I'm the Colts, if they take a QB at 4, then I would also take a QB in the third or fourth as well.

BYU guy in 3rd or Bennett in 4th

After seeing the Malik Willis debacle and the Lance situation in SF, I would let each of them beat one or the other out for the job.

I'm not even joking here. 

Willis was a third round pick.

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think AR is plan #1a and Levis plan #1b. We keep doing secret close to the vest stuff with Richardson. Secret informal meeting, Top 30 visit with no reports leaked.

I truly think they don’t know yet. Maybe this is true but maybe Levis jumps him after his workouts. AR scares me so bad. So unproven with such little film. I would just hope for the best and hope we don’t have to wait long to see him play.

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I truly think they don’t know yet. Maybe this is true but maybe Levis jumps him after his workouts. AR scares me so bad. So unproven with such little film. I would just hope for the best and hope we don’t have to wait long to see him play.

I think they do know who they want. What they cant control is what happens above them to a degree. 1 of the 2 could be picked before our turn happens. I shouldnt say cant control bc we could always trade to 3. I just think we would like to avoid it if we can and keep our picks. If for some strange reason we trade back and you see the Ravens take our spot then you know we chose Jackson and got a satisfactory deal worked out with Baltimore.

29 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think AR is plan #1a and Levis plan #1b. We keep doing secret close to the vest stuff with Richardson. Secret informal meeting, Top 30 visit with no reports leaked.

I think Stroud and Young will be gone.  I'd be ok with plans 1a and 1b.  I'm not sure we have any other reasonable options at this point.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Now I want to know did colts tell Richardsons agent to keep the meeting and workout quiet yesterday and not leak who was there?  It is odd that we know about Levis and who was there but not Richardsons.

The big media guys learned about and reported all of our workouts EXCEPT for Richardson. I too wonder why that is... The Levis thing was the one we got most details about(who was there... )

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

The big media guys learned about and reported all of our workouts EXCEPT for Richardson. I too wonder why that is... The Levis thing was the one we got most details about(who was there... )

I wonder if it simply could be Levis already had a agent and Richardson doesn’t. Everyone assuming that colts leaked that. Which means they want it out there. I seriously doubt colts are throwing those kind of smokescreens out there. 

1 hour ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Not sure if this has been posted 

This is hilarious. I was just reading an article that everyone inside the Panthers loves C.J. Stroud and have signed off on him. But, if it was up to coach Frank Reich, the pick would be Richardson. 

“If it’s up to Frank Reich, yes,” he replied. “I think what’s gone on or, what I’ve been told, is that everybody in the room is really heavily leaning towards C.J. Stroud. C.J. Stroud did well at the combine, he did well at the pro day and I’m told that the interviews with C.J. Stroud—he’s knocked them out of the park. And he’s very genuine, he’s been very forthright and he’s a likable guy. I’m told that everybody in the building is heavily leaning—if not, checked off the box on C.J. Stroud.

“I’m told that Frank Reich, if he had his way, would go with Anthony Richardson because of the upside, because of what Anthony Richardson could be two or three years down the road. It’s just a matter of how much of a fight is Frank Reich gonna put up in that war room to say, ‘Hey, listen, I want Anthony Richardson.’ I think right now, there’s probably less than a 20-percent chance it’s Anthony Richardson and all signs are pointing towards C.J. Stroud.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/panthers-hc-frank-reich-reportedly-175025979.html

So the Panthers love everyone! Is this all a smokescreen because they really want to take Will Levis?

Archived