Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I feel your pain.    I let myself go in my 40’s and it stayed that way till my 60’s.   

Now, 66, I’m faced with the reality that time is precious and I might only have 10 years left.   Doubt it, but it IS possible.   So starting a number of years ago I changed my diet and started exercising.   These days I ride an exercise bike.   I ride long and hard.   The weight has been falling off, I’m down 30-35 pounds.   But it’s really hard.   I can’t get below 175 and I’m trying like crazy. 

My health is much much better.   My doctor is thrilled.  I might be his favorite patient.   I’m retired so I have time to exercise like mad.   And I do.   So who knows?   I might just live 20 more years!?   Maybe more.    Life can be a challenge. 

That's awesome! 

Yes, I'm finding out that my biggest obstacle right now as a parent is time. I want to run most days, but sometimes I have to choose other things. I am trying to supplement my TV show watching time by biking indoors so at least I'm doing something. 

Diet is also tough. I enjoy food. Lots of food... 

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jvan1973 said:

Mac Jones hasn't shown he is worth trading the 4th overall pick for in exchange for 14.  Not happening 

Please.  He made all pro his rookie year.  Lawrence didn’t do that.  I would bet none of these rookie quarterbacks make it either in their rookie season.  Don’t worry the Pats aren’t trading him.   Belichick isn’t that upset with him to move him.  

30 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Well, I saw today that Levis is not only being compared to Jeff George but now he's being compared to Wentz as well, so you might just get Carson after all... the second coming of Carson :facepalm:

I have a feeling levis is going to miss the layups

Colts QB coach cam turner. Interesting hearing he worked with Newton.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/colts-audio-network/id1177715432

6 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I have a feeling levis is going to miss the layups

Why would you think that when that isn’t what happened in college with him. That is actually where he excelled.

31 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Please.  He made all pro his rookie year.  Lawrence didn’t do that.  I would bet none of these rookie quarterbacks make it either in their rookie season.  Don’t worry the Pats aren’t trading him.   Belichick isn’t that upset with him to move him.  

He wasn't all pro.  He made the pro bowl some vets pulled out.  Tyler Huntley  and Jared Goff made it this past year.    

19 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I'm sure it was a brain fart, but he made the "Pro Bowl" as an alternate his rookie season. Like when others can't play in it they go down the list. 

NE had a good team and he did well as a rookie. 

Lawrence had a joke for a HC, and a bad team, perhaps you only follow the Colts.

You have had worse ideas than this trade.

Could Mac be good enough in 2-3 years to get a team to the SB?

He could be a lot like Garrapolo when it comes to slinging it. 

Gotta play error-free in the big games. 

4 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I tore my meniscus a while back so I haven't been doing any running for a while.   

I tore the cartilage, meniscus, had a mcl sprain, and dislocated my kneecap from 11 years of softball all at the same time.  Played on it  with pain (ranging from minor discomfort to painful) for 2 years before the wife made me go get it fixed.  Feels a lot better now, but I can definitely feel it when it rains or its cold out.

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Congratulations on the hard work, and the weight loss!

I am also working hard at mine.  Have lost 25 pounds in the past 7 weeks, but still have a LONG way to go.

John!!!!     Atta Boy!!!    

I don’t know what you’re doing but keep it up!    I’m pulling for you!!    I’m in your fan club!   Always have been.    

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

False. Jones did not make all pro.

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

That's awesome! 

Yes, I'm finding out that my biggest obstacle right now as a parent is time. I want to run most days, but sometimes I have to choose other things. I am trying to supplement my TV show watching time by biking indoors so at least I'm doing something. 

Diet is also tough. I enjoy food. Lots of food... 

So glad you and your wife have kids!   They’re the best!    All of my friends who have had them agree.   My wife and I weren’t lucky that way.   Instead, we took care of our parents.   But we know what that can do to your schedule, your routine.

So, if you can ride a bike while watching TV, that’s very helpful.   I do it 5-6 days a week.   And I have two small room heaters to get the room as hot as I can take it so I can sweat buckets.   It helps.   When I’m done I look like I rode my bike in a shower!  

Hoping someday I can make it out to Indy to take in a game.   I’d love to meet you and many other friends I’ve made here.   I’d even be willing to meet those who don’t like me so they can insult me to my face!   Fun times ahead someday!   :peek:

Remember your Uncle Krunk told you this a few weeks ago:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/nfl_insider_texans_are_high_on_kentucky_qb_will_levis/s1_13132_38665165

"Zierlein’s hypothetical scenario of course depends on the Carolina Panthers taking Alabama QB Bryce Young with the No. 1 pick. The Texans are believed to favor Young over any of the other three signal callers, and should he be the top pick, Zierlein says Houston believes Levis would be the best fit for their new offensive scheme over the others."

I made the connection of Slowik being from the Shanahan tree and Levis already running that offense.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/nfl_insider_texans_are_high_on_kentucky_qb_will_levis/s1_13132_38665165

I made the connection of Slowik being from the Shanahan tree and Levis already running that offense.

Going to be interesting if panthers take young. I feel comfy saying colts would try and move to 3 for stroud. But at that point it might get to expensive.  I just wonder what happens if it’s young and Richardson who they take.

Just now, krunk said:

If Levis goes 2 and Young goes 1 then i will happily take Stroud. Wont trip if we end up with Richardson though.

There is speculation stroud and Richardson are colts top 2. Who knows if it’s true. I think colts would be dumb to not take stroud. But if stroud drops to 3 there will be a free for all to get there and might be to expensive.

At least the forward facing reporting on all those guys is very positive. Seems like at least character-wise none of them have any major concerns and they all seem to be good guys, who have their priorities straight.... mayo in coffee notwithstanding... or eating bananas unpeeled.... or shirtless pics... 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

At least the forward facing reporting on all those guys is very positive. Seems like at least character-wise none of them have any major concerns and they all seem to be good guys, who have their priorities straight.... mayo in coffee notwithstanding. 

Really good stuff on Richardson in that podcast from the radio this morning on his character. Yeah these  4 guys have very high character.

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Who knows if this will turn out to be correct but saying he is two years away from being a year away is pretty big and can’t be ignored. 

As if his word is to be taken over every GM that disagrees with him. And its obvious more than a few GMs and HC do disagree with him.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

As if his word is to be taken over every GM that disagrees with him. And its obvious more than a few GMs and HC do disagree with him.

He's been so wrong on so many things for so long that I have no idea why anybody takes his opinions seriously... 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

"Zierlein’s hypothetical scenario of course depends on the Carolina Panthers taking Alabama QB Bryce Young with the No. 1 pick. The Texans are believed to favor Young over any of the other three signal callers, and should he be the top pick, Zierlein says Houston believes Levis would be the best fit for their new offensive scheme over the others."

young will go in the bottom of the first round because of being too tiny for nfl hits

Today’s Sirius XM Moving the Chains mock draft:

1. Car … QB-CJ Stroud

2. Hou … QB-Bryce Young

3. LVR (trade) … QB-Anthony Richardson

4. Colts trade pick to Det. … Edge/Will Anderson

5. Ten … QB-Will Levis 

6. Colts … QB-Hendon Hooker

41 minutes ago, stitches said:

He's been so wrong on so many things for so long that I have no idea why anybody takes his opinions seriously... 

He's saying what I said before the Combine, just more exaggerated. I don't think he's three years away (although, Jordan Love has been sitting for three years, and Trey Lance might not start this season, so it happens), but looking at Richardson's play and how much improvement he needs to make at basic QB tasks, I understand this stance on him as a draft prospect.

I think the interest from teams in the top ten is a strong indication that Richardson will go near the top of the draft, but what I basically said is that I think NFL teams would steer clear of the risk, and he'd drop to the 20-ish range. I no longer think that happens, but I get that thinking.

I just think it is so weird how so many ignore Richardson issues because he is athletic freak. How does someone sit for two years and still look that green?  I am just finding it hard colts are going to take that big of a risk. 

Something that’s interesting all these SI writers and podcasters are so sure it’s Richardson. Then say they haven’t heard as much about Levis. Isn’t hearing less on Levis a good indication that is the guy.

Very well could be colts haven’t made their decision between the two. Or something  happens with those top two picks. Texans did bring on Levis awfully quietly. Not sure if it was just a top 30 or a workout though.

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

He's saying what I said before the Combine, just more exaggerated. I don't think he's three years away (although, Jordan Love has been sitting for three years, and Trey Lance might not start this season, so it happens), but looking at Richardson's play and how much improvement he needs to make at basic QB tasks, I understand this stance on him as a draft prospect.

I think the interest from teams in the top ten is a strong indication that Richardson will go near the top of the draft, but what I basically said is that I think NFL teams would steer clear of the risk, and he'd drop to the 20-ish range. I no longer think that happens, but I get that thinking.

I think if you think he will need to sit for 3 years, you shouldn't draft him at all. I think any team willing to draft him in the top 10 should be willing to put him in play in year 1 for limited snaps and they should be planning to start him by year 2. I think anyone advocating for sitting him for prolonged periods of time gets Richardson's main issues completely wrong. He needs experience much more than he needs to sit and learn. 

Lance was playing early and his progress has been derailed by injuries. Love has been sitting behind a guy who won 2 MVPs in those 3 years. IMO he would have been put in play much earlier on pretty much any other team that was going to draft him that year. 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I just think it is so weird how so many ignore Richardson issues because he is athletic freak. How does someone sit for two years and still look that green?  I am just finding it hard colts are going to take that big of a risk. 

Something that’s interesting all these SI writers and podcasters are so sure it’s Richardson. Then say they haven’t heard as much about Levis. Isn’t hearing less on Levis a good indication that is the guy.

Very well could be colts haven’t made their decision between the two. Or something  happens with those top two picks. Texans did bring on Levis awfully quietly. Not sure if it was just a top 30 or a workout though.

Players are ranked and drafted on what teams expect them to become, not what they are today. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Who knows if this will turn out to be correct but saying he is two years away from being a year away is pretty big and can’t be ignored. 

I have to say based on AR’s tape and lack of playing time the fact he is projected top 5 makes no sense.   I don’t care how much upside he has it makes no sense.  It’s 3 weeks before the draft.  I wouldn’t be surprised if his draft status comes back down to earth the closer we get to the draft.  Top 5 picks are starters imo.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I have to say based on AR’s tape and lack of playing time the fact he is projected top 5 makes no sense.   I don’t care how much upside he has it makes no sense.  It’s 3 weeks before the draft.  I wouldn’t be surprised if his draft status comes back down to earth the closer we get to the draft.  Top 5 picks are starters imo.

Colts might take him. But I am wondering if media hype and fan hype is way bigger then teams see him.  Won’t be long and we will find out. Seahawks and Detroit are really good spots for him where he doesn’t have pressure to play right away. Maybe even the titans.

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe him not even having a QB coach explains part of it. It also shows why he needs actual experience in-game. What to me is much more concerning is having started for 2 years for 2 NFL OCs(one of which at least highly regarded) and still looking so green and clueless in certain situations like Levis. 

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think none of them knows anything. Everybody right now is reading tea leaves. I think internally the Colts are probably still discussing it and hell... they are still doing private workouts and top 30 visits with those guys. IMO no decision has been made, so if someone is telling you they know something... they are very likely just guessing... 

Archived