Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why?    What’s the magic behind a week and a half when there are still three weeks to go?   

Im not saying there won’t be leaks, I’m sure there will be.   But confirmation?   I think that is still a ways off.   

The longer this plays out the more eyes are on Carolina.   And I have to believe the new owner is good with that.   

Just thinking out loud…..

Whenever a QB is going 1 it usually leaks out they were given the playbook ot something like that. The only thing that could change that is if they are trying to bate Texans to going to one to get some picks back. 

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Hooker is not ready to play also because the offense they ran was the furthest from a pro offense of all the QB’s. Mostly one and two read plays using the college hash marks to get space that won’t be available in the NFL. 

Right but couldn't you day the same thing about Stroud and the OSU spread that Ryan Day runs ?

17 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Pay attention folks, absolutely true Lamar and his 1-3 playoff record means NO WAY!

On the other hand, if winning a NFC Championship and almost winning the SB against Mahommes "isn't anything", let us all :funny:.

you are talking about a QB that is more passing then running dude. you have no idea what your talking about. Hurts didnt even rush for 800 yards. He passed for over 3500 yards. Lamar had 764 rushing yards in 12 games. He is a running Qb, Hurts is more passing two different types of Qbs. Winning the NFC means nothing when you lose the next game and neither does "almost" defeating mahomes when the colts beat them and they have the #4 pick buckaroo. so yes may we all :lol: at you!

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Today is Levis private workout with the Colts.

lm just hoping that one of these guys jumps out to entice the Colts pick...

or just take BPA and let the chips fall where they may.

18 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

This mock has Young falling to the Colts.

AR goes #2 to Houston

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2023-nfl-mock-draft-shake-181943057.html

Houston is another situation that maybe doesn't have the pressure the Colts do. The Texans have a new coach, they are still rebuilding after trading Deshaun Watson. The Texans could play Davis Mills until Richardson learns the offense and is ready to take over. So taking a player with a high upside like Richardson may payoff for them in the long-run if they don't feel the need to rush his development.

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Are you really expecting updates from a private workout?  Colts don’t leak and there are no reporters there.  

Yes I am. What Jared Cisneros wants, Jared Cisneros gets. If not, I will throw a temper tantrum and tweet Ballard myself to get the info. He is on twitter these days you know. haha 

I feel like teams like the Titans, Raiders, or Seahawks could try to jump the Colts and move to #3 to take Anthony Richardson if he is still available. All three teams have QB's in place and could develop Richardson over time as needed. This would explain why all three are hosting the top 5 QB's. The latest Lance Zuerlein draft had Richardson falling to the Patriots at #14.

2 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I feel like teams like the Titans, Raiders, or Seahawks could try to jump the Colts and move to #3 to take Anthony Richardson if he is still available. All three teams have QB's in place and could develop Richardson over time as needed. This would explain why all three are hosting the top 5 QB's. The latest Lance Zuerlein draft had Richardson falling to the Patriots at #14.

For me this is definitely a possibility for the reasons you mentioned.  I'm actually expecting it to happen.  Pulling for the Seahawks because they are from the NFC. 

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

For me this is definitely a possibility for the reasons you mentioned.  I'm actually expecting it to happen.  Pulling for the Seahawks because they are from the NFC. 

I agree. I am not going to be too happy if Ballard let's the Titans jump us. Maybe he thinks he is going to get the QB of his choice at #4 no matter what happens.

I'm honestly guessing at this point that Ballard just wants to save the draft picks at this point. That's why he's allowing other teams to choose the QBs they want and trade up. He may not care which QB he gets of the four, but knowing him, he wouldn't give up the 79th pick this year and a 2nd next year if that's what it took to move up one spot. He's tired of wasting picks on previous QBs that were short-term solutions, and he figures Steichen is good enough to work with any of the top 4 QBs.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm honestly guessing at this point that Ballard just wants to save the draft picks at this point. That's why he's allowing other teams to choose the QBs they want and trade up. He may not care which QB he gets of the four, but knowing him, he wouldn't give up the 79th pick this year and a 2nd next year if that's what it took to move up one spot. He's tired of wasting picks on previous QBs that were short-term solutions, and he figures Steichen is good enough to work with any of the top 4 QBs.

Every body thinks Steichen is a guru.  I guess we are about to find out.  Many thought Reich was too.  So we shall see.  Reich did get hired right away though.  

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Every body thinks Steichen is a guru.  I guess we are about to find out.  Many thought Reich was too.  So we shall see.  Reich did get hired right away though.  

Steichen looks solid for the mere fact that he's succeeded with many different types of QBs. That gives me confidence. He's also young and open-minded. So I trust him much more than Reich. I feel Ballard shares my opinion and is willing to stay at 4 because of that. You keep the picks and get a guy that Steichen can work with. 

Honestly though, I believe two QBs will be there at 4 until I personally see the trade up. I think we'll get to choose between Levis and Richardson.

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I have always wanted a young offensive coach because I think they bring some new fresh modern ideas. Something no one thinks of about Reich in Carolina is he has a lot of old school coaches on that staff. Will be interesting how that turns out.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Steichen looks solid for the mere fact that he's succeeded with many different types of QBs. That gives me confidence. He's also young and open-minded. So I trust him much more than Reich. I feel Ballard shares my opinion and is willing to stay at 4 because of that. You keep the picks and get a guy that Steichen can work with. 

Honestly though, I believe two QBs will be there at 4 until I personally see the trade up. I think we'll get to choose between Levis and Richardson.

A while back  JMV asked Stephen Holder if that was a selling point to hire Steichen. Holder said he was flat out told they loved that he could make a lot of different QB styles be successful. So yes that was a major factor in hiring him.

What happened to the wonderlic test?  Seems strange they don't allow it anymore.  I see that the nfl banned it but i always thought it was just as important as the 40 yd dash for certain positions.  

I remember reading once that a gm or coach didn't want guards that did too well on it!  lol.  

5 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

What happened to the wonderlic test?  Seems strange they don't allow it anymore.  I see that the nfl banned it but i always thought it was just as important as the 40 yd dash for certain positions.  

I remember reading once that a gm or coach didn't want guards that did too well on it!  lol.  

They replaced  it with something they feel is most accurate.

24 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They replaced  it with something they feel is most accurate.

Where are the reports on that test and do you know what it is?  I went to look up the Wonderlic and saw the ban but nothing about the replacement test.  

Edit:

I found it.  the s2 cognitive test.  Young scored highest.  no surprise there.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/nfl-draft/2023-nfl-draft-explaining-new-s2-cognitive-testing/

5 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Where are the reports on that test and do you know what it is?  I went to look up the Wonderlic and saw the ban but nothing about the replacement test.  

Edit:

I found it.  the s2 cognitive test.  Young scored highest.  no surprise there.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/nfl-draft/2023-nfl-draft-explaining-new-s2-cognitive-testing/

It’s also been reported this draft class had some of the highest scores for a QB draft class since they started doing it.

Archived