Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 16: Chargers @ Colts, MNF, December 26, 2022, 8:15 PM ET

NFLfan

0 for 10 on 3rd down, and 0 for 3 on 4th - next week's starting QB should be a real discussion this week, unless Jeff wants to give Foles 1 more start but knowing this team beed to win at least 1 of our remaining games for him to have a realistic shot at removing the interim tag, he will definitely choose carefully.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Oh my. So what player would the Saints want as they are rebuilding? They would want  a 1st and probably our  top 5 pick.  We are not getting Sean. We will bring back  lame duck  Ballard. Insert garbage coach for  a year and picking top 3 in 2024.

In that case, my plan B is to get Ryan Day and either trade for Fields or draft Stroud.  Then go get Harrison Jr with that top 3 pick in 2024.  If it was giving the Saints a player or two, I’d give up Kelly, Leonard, or maybe even Q.  Same deal to trade for Fields if Bears are looking to go a different direction at QB.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This entire situation sucks. It’s probably unfair to him. Probably even to Sam. Ryan is the only one that played enough we can truly gauge he was bad. We have an inexperienced play caller and short 3 offensive coaches. 

It’s not unfair to Foles. He is hired to be a QB and to win games. He didn’t perform well. Don’t care how he got in the starting lineup he sucked. Many backup QB’s come in and perform far better than Foles just did. Sure out offensive line sucks but he made many poor decisions tonight. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

0 for 10 on 3rd down, and 0 for 3 on 4th - next week's starting QB should be a real discussion this week, unless Jeff wants to give Foles 1 more start but knowing this team beed to win at least 1 of our remaining games for him to have a realistic shot at removing the interim tag, he will definitely choose carefully.

It doesn’t matter. Two more games and the off-season begins.

Just now, Smoke317 said:

In that case, my plan B is to get Ryan Day and either trade for Fields or draft Stroud.  Then go get Harrison Jr with that top 3 pick in 2024.  If it was giving the Saints a player or two, I’d give up Kelly, Leonard, or maybe even Q.  Same deal to trade for Fields if Bears are looking to go a different direction at QB.

Fantasy GM here.

• Like 1

Just now, Smoke317 said:

After that OSU-UM game a month ago, I want nothing to do with Ryan Day. He looked like a sheep in a tornado on the sidelines during that fiasco

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Stop, this is not Madden 

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

It’s not unfair to Foles. He is hired to be a QB and to win games. He didn’t perform well. Don’t care how he got in the starting lineup he sucked. Many backup QB’s come in and perform far better than Foles just did. Sure out offensive line sucks but he made many poor decisions tonight. 

Again a young play caller that is clearly struggling to call plays. The season is over so players are emotionally done. It’s not a good time to make black and white statements. If we wanted a true gauge of Foles he should of played when Ryan hurt his shoulder.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Thats why Ballard voluntarily gets out, IMO

I agree. I think they will mutually agree to part ways. 

Half of me wants Ballard to stay with the other half wanting a full reset. I just don’t know if he is willing to stray from his approach. He did do better this year getting Yannick & Gilmore. Gilmore has been an A+ find. Yannick a solid B. But, he has to start taking the offensive side of the ball more serious in Indy or elsewhere to be successful. 

Just now, JColts72 said:

Jim will hire him saying dealt a bad hand, has them prepared, etc.

next years coach really isnt that important. Rookie QBs seldom accomplish anything.  We are looking at a 7-9 season next year too

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

Also 7 sacks doesn't just happen.  Count the snap guys.  He is consistently holding the ball past 4 seconds.  Everyone only sees the sack number and not the fact our QBs are holding the ball 2x the league average

Wr cannot get open.

• Like 2

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Agree.  All the ill towards Gus is incredible.  He has done well this season with this D.

I want him back next year,

IF you remove the meltdowns late Gus is alright.  However, the one complang which I think is legit towards him is the late game melt-downs.  He's had an issue with that many places he has gone

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Also 7 sacks doesn't just happen.  Count the snap guys.  He is consistently holding the ball past 4 seconds.  Everyone only sees the sack number and not the fact our QBs are holding the ball 2x the league average

The system getting guys open needs to be torn down along with new QBs, HC and OC

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Some of that is the playbook, but we really should be throwing more slants and scheming our guys open better.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

I'll be at the game so you can root for me . Lol

here's to hoping you get good parking lol

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Frank did some of it starting with Brady.

even though Frank had his flaws, he was still an experienced offensive mind.  In my ideal world we would've just taken the play calling away from him. not that it would've made much diff.

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Stop, this is not Madden 

If we end up stuck at 5 and are dead set on a certain QB, I think the Bears would be the prime candidate we’d be looking to trade up with.  Flus would love to get reunited with a few of his old players that can come in and help spread his philosophy.

The Fields stuff is definitely Madden but Bears do have a new GM & HC who didn’t draft Fields. Who’s to say they won’t say “we can trade Fields for a 1st and still draft whoever is there between Young, Stroud, or Levis with pick 2”?  In that scenario I’d trade for Fields and pair him with Taylor.

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Chargers have a bad Oline.  We, on the other hand, have a terrible Oline.

it is a joke that nelson is good he looked horrible tonight, i dont see anyone on that line worth keeping. the receivers cant get separation or run routes. this mess of a low talent offense is all on ballard

• Like 1