Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 16: Chargers @ Colts, MNF, December 26, 2022, 8:15 PM ET

NFLfan

I think that it is obvious that Matt Ryan is not the problem with this Colts offense. I still believe he is the the best QB on the Indianapolis staff but the team is more than a quarterback away.

I think that the defense is solid, just worn down at the end of games.

The offensive line cannot pass block and the receivers cannot get separation. Don’t know if it is ability or scheme. Makes it easier on defenses when the Colts don’t have the time or the ability to run pass plays longer than 6-8:yards. I am always amazed at how open the opposing receivers are. Alec Pierce and Michael Pittman have to excel at catching contested balls because that is all there is.

I understand that the Colts want to run the ball and I appreciate the commitment, but I quest I don’t understand why we don’t utilize a fullback like SF.

I wish the Colts were one draft away, but I don’t think that is the case, too many offensive holes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

Thats why Ballard voluntarily gets out, IMO

10 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I agree. I think they will mutually agree to part ways. 

I would tend to agree, especially if Irsay decides to remove the interim tag from Saturday, or dictates that he will stay and be on the coaching staff somewhere. Getting Ballard to resign as opposed to firing him would save Irsay alot of money (heck, he's still paying Frank for a couple more years) and I'd be okay with that outcome -  Ballard has acquired some good defenders via trade but his draft picks on offense year after year have largely underperformed, and he's had years to build a solid O-line and just can't seem to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I would tend to agree, especially if Irsay decides to remove the interim tag from Saturday, or dictates that he will stay and be on the coaching staff somewhere. Getting Ballard to resign as opposed to firing him would save Irsay alot of money (heck, he's still paying Frank for a couple more years) and I'd be okay with that outcome -  Ballard has acquired some good defenders via trade but his draft picks on offense year after year have largely underperformed, and he's had years to build a solid O-line and just can't seem to.

It doesn't help when the QBs he brought in embellish the weaknesses either, like chickens with their heads cut off, like Matt Ryan (that folds like a lawn chair with pressure that beats the OL and doesn't help it with protection re-alignment or handle contact well enough to secure the ball in a sack leading to fumbles) and/or Foles( who didn't even make attempts to throw away several times and held the ball way too long).

We remember some of the later Colts days like in 2010, when OL was being pushed into Peyton when Peyton still threw passes away to avoid sacks, and these vet QBs have puzzled us with their non-vet like decision making.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It doesn't help when the QBs he brought in embellish the weaknesses either, like chickens with their heads cut off, like Matt Ryan and/or Foles who didn't even make attempts to throw away several times. We remember some of the later Colts days like in 2010, when OL was being pushed into Peyton when Peyton still threw passes away to avoid sacks, and these vet QBs have puzzled us with their non-vet like decision making.

True, but week after week opposing defenders are just living in our backfield, and that affects the running (and screen) plays as well. Some of the problem has been coaching & playcalling, but there's a reason that neither Frank or Parks tries to just pound the ball into the end zone from inside the 5 and it's likely the ineffectiveness of the majority of our linemen.

If it were me in the owners spot.... 

(Once the Rooney rule was satisfied)

Unless someone else comes into focus..... ALL of my efforts would be to hire 

Jim Harbaugh

Jim Harbaugh makes 7M in salary at UM

Top NFL coaches Pay

Bill Belichick, Patriots: $20 million

Pete Carroll, Seahawks: $15 million

Sean McVay, Rams: $14 million

Mike Tomlin, Steelers: $12.5 million

Andy Reid, Chiefs: $12 million

John Harbaugh, Ravens: $12 million

I would offer Jimmy Boy $14M

Successful College Experience

Successful Pro Experience

For the first 2 years, I would give him full player control as well

His tough, in your face, management and coaching style is EXACTLY what this franchise needd

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

If it were me in the owners spot.... 

(Once the Rooney rule was satisfied)

Unless someone else comes into focus..... ALL of my efforts would be to hire 

Jim Harbaugh

Jim Harbaugh makes 7M in salary at UM

Top NFL coaches Pay

Bill Belichick, Patriots: $20 million

Pete Carroll, Seahawks: $15 million

Sean McVay, Rams: $14 million

Mike Tomlin, Steelers: $12.5 million

Andy Reid, Chiefs: $12 million

John Harbaugh, Ravens: $12 million

I would offer Jimmy Boy $14M

Successful College Experience

Successful Pro Experience

For the first 2 years, I would give him full player control as well

His tough, in your face, management and coaching style is EXACTLY what this franchise needd

I am a Harbaugh fan. The only thing about his style of team is this. He wants San Fran and the 49ers have been great a hitting on their picks and them becoming elite players. That is hard to duplicate. The way Harbaugh wants to play. He would have to have a very talented defense and strong Oline and some elite skilled players sprinkled in. I am not sure you can build that with regard to the cap. Like I said, the 49ers have been very lucky as they have not had to pay the qb and have hit on thier players.

• NFLfan locked this topic