Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers Colts Predictions

danlhart87

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steelers have really bad cornerbacks and can be beaten. But if colts can’t handle the pass rush it won’t matter.

Wouldn't say "really bad" at all. 

Sutton is good, and grading 70+, and a great passer rating allowed. 

Wallace is decent. Doesn't grade great, but leads Pitt with PDs, and also has a great passer rating allowed.

Their NB Maulet, is the only weak spot. 

And both Ss are good... So in short, 4 of 5 DBs are pretty good. 

Sports Illustrated ranked the Colts' defense above the Steelers, who are  also ranked low in red zone offense, having trouble scoring. I think the Colts have a good chance in this game. They need to protect Ryan and limit mistakes. Big Ben is no ,longer the QB, though not sure how much difference that makes.  It helps that the game is at LOS and not Pittsburgh. 

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I just listened to a colts know your foe and the Steelers reporter said their cornerbacks are probably some of the worst in the league.

Witherspoon was a problem (along Maulet).

Witherspoon has been out with a hammy, and likely won't be back for Monday.

The guy that stepped up for Witherspoon (Wallace #3 CB), has played well. 

A lot of Pitt fans would prefer Wallace (Witherspoon lost his starting job at SF, and was traded to Pitt).

Consider Witherspoon similar to Facyson, when many fans calling for Rodgers. 

Prediction : Alex Highsmith will get at least 2 Sacks. He's been a beast this season every game he doesn't go against an elite OL. 

Prediction Steelers gets 2 interceptions. Yes, they are one of the worst in the league in allowing passing TDs but the opportunistic defense' TD : INT ratio (22:12) is not bad. 

Prediction : Pickett will rush for a TD but Colts also will force and recover at least one fumble out of his hands. Colts have given up rushing TDs to QBs who could run for a short score (Lawrence twice, Heinicke and Hurts). Colts are very good in forcing fumbles and have a high percent of recovering them. 

17-13 Steelers

This should be an easy win for the Colts, but I can see them struggling with the poor O-Line unfortunately. Taylor runs for 100 yds and a td, but our passing game gets bludgeoned, and we get sacked 6-8 times. I honestly can see Matt Ryan having a horrible game tomorrow night.

Which team has more going for them to win?

Let’s see…we have home field advantage-Colts…

Will our fans be louder than the Steelers fans?-Probably not!(Prove me wrong)…

Did we get a new condition coach, if not- Steelers come back in 4th Quarter…

Which fan towels will be more visible?- Steelers(I’m still hopeful for ours)…

Who has a young hungry QB?- Steelers 

Who has the Best Fan in Glendale, Arizona?- COLTS!!!!!

Colts Win!

24 to 21

65EB4F27-88E1-446E-BD89-1C1D59B12B77.jpeg

54 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Yahoo fantasy is ranking the Steelers pass defense as worst in the NFL.

It's saying Pittman, Campbell and Ryan should have a big game

Levi Wallace is decent, but other than that we should be good.

my buddy is a steelers fan and I asked him why their secondary is rated so low, he said when Watt was out their pass rush was almost non existent, and so that could be skewing their rankings.

If the Steelers go up by 2 scores at any point in time, this game is over with Ryan’s wonderful pocket presence and our OL’s pass protection going against the Steelers DL/LB corp. 

I still am not sure how they managed to score 30 vs the Bengals, hopefully their offensive output comes back to what it was because our team is not sniffing 25 plus against the Steelers unless there’s a MNF miracle.

7 hours ago, King Colt said:

They may have to pull Ryan to let Sam take the hits.

If we lose to both the Steelers and Cowboys (our playoff chances are done then), coming off the bye week I’d give Sam E a chance to show us the rest of the way, what he can do with Saturday and the rest of the coaching staff.

Can’t root for them to lose, but if they do; it will help us in the long run.

Teams are starting to rack up wins.

With a loss, we go from 14th ODP to 1/2 game out from 4th ODP. 

Remaining schedule:

Cowboys L

Vikings L

Chargers L

Giants toss us
Texans W

With a loss, we are looking at 5-11-1 or 6-10-1   Imo. Good enough for top 8 pick given half the teams with bad records still play each other 

11 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Remaining schedule:

Cowboys L

Vikings L

Chargers L

Giants toss us
Texans W

With a loss, we are looking at 5-11-1 or 6-10-1   Imo. Good enough for top 8 pick given half the teams with bad records still play each other 

True at this point colts would have to win out to make the playoffs.   One more loss and all 4 teams fighting for the last spot will need 8 losses for the colts to make the playoffs.  The tie killed those chances.   

1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

Remaining schedule:

Cowboys L

Vikings L

Chargers L

Giants toss us
Texans W

All the teams the Colts needed to lose yesterday won their games.   The playoff window is shut in my opinion.  They would need to win 5/6 games remaining and still need help.  

On 11/21/2022 at 9:58 PM, danlhart87 said:

Steelers 17

Colts 8

Personally, I do not see a purpose for a prediction thread.  But let me finish before you all blast me.

The thread is supposed to be fun, right?

So here’s my proposal, and maybe we can start it in the future:  

Whoever starts a Prediction Thread has to keep track of everyone’s predictions, maybe in a spreadsheet.  We can give points, for example a point if you get the win, a point if your score is close (have to work that out), etc..

Then after the game we award someone(s) the Prognosticator of the Week.  Maybe keep it up throughout the season?  

Thoughts?  My prediction is that no one wants to keep track….am I right?

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Personally, I do not see a purpose for a prediction thread.  But let me finish before you all blast me.

Whoever starts a Prediction Thread has to keep track of everyone’s predictions, maybe in a spreadsheet.  We can give points, for example a point if you get the win, a point if your score is close (have to work that out), etc..

Then after the game we award someone(s) the Prognosticator of the Week.  Maybe keep it up throughout the season?  

I like your idea, though it likely wouldn't prompt me to participate, AND I predict you're correct regarding it going forward.

2 minutes ago, buccolts said:

I like your idea, though it likely wouldn't prompt me to participate, AND I predict you're correct regarding it going forward.

Since I’m retiring this week I may have free time to track it.  Probably not.  

But here’s how I’d score people’s predictions:  1 point for the correct winner, 1 point if your winners score is within 6 points, same for losing score.  Minus 1 point for everything going the other way.  

So it’s possible to get as many as 3 points or as few as -3.  Accountability!

16 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Since I’m retiring this week I may have free time to track it.  Probably not.  

But here’s how I’d score people’s predictions:  1 point for the correct winner, 1 point if your winners score is within 6 points, same for losing score.  Minus 1 point for everything going the other way.  

So it’s possible to get as many as 3 points or as few as -3.  Accountability!

Congrats man.  You are what I want to be.  Retired.  It's really the only thing left in life that I feel I need to do.

42 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Sounds like you’re the man for the job 

We are probably 3 touchdowns better than the steelers but that doesn't matter. Never does. Colts play steelers, steelers win. Even when one of the best kickers in nfl history(Viniatiri) has to miss 37 yard chip shot with seconds left in the game, he will miss it(2019) Missed field goals, dropped passes, ridiculous, and I mean really ridiculous officiating whatever has to happen will happen so the no offense and no defense steelers will win.

Archived