Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Colts at Raiders Postgame Thoughts (merge)

EastStreet

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

So does Pittman.  That wasn’t his first fumble this season after a play like that.  Teams have figured out something on him.  Hopefully Reggie works with him and gets it fixed.

As for Coutee get him off this roster.

i dont think itll be a long term thing for pitt. it has been for coutee

So how long ago did frank lose the locket room, exactly? That was quite a different team. 

That crowd who snapped back that frank had not lost the locker room every time the subject was raised owe some apologies. 

It was still only the Raiders. They’re literally at their lowest point right now. We probably just got mcdaniels fired lol. 

But it was nice to see them playing closer to expectations. 

Still ready to draft a QB and bid Ryan farewell in the first hour of the draft.  

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

i dont think itll be a long term thing for pitt. it has been for coutee

Yeah, besides the fact Pittman is you know good and Coutee isn’t that’s part of why I am willing to live with Pittman.  He’s still young so hopefully Reggie can get it corrected.  As for Coutee I repeat get him off this roster.

Just now, John Waylon said:

So how long ago did frank lose the locket room, exactly? That was quite a different team. 

That crowd who snapped back that frank had not lost the locker room every time the subject was raised owe some apologies. 

It was still only the Raiders. They’re literally at their lowest point right now. We probably just got mcdaniels fired lol. 

Raiders are bad. Really can’t take much from this game. Next week is the real test.

Bad:  We won

Good:  We get back on track next week by getting blown out by the Eagles

** If Irsay wants Saturday as the coach next year, who cares, but this team cannot afford to play itself out of a top 5 draft pick as we need a QB. 

Every Colts fan should realize this  :number1: and should not be pulling for a 6-win season or better. 

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

Yes, there is reason to be optimistic, excited and cautious all at the same time after today. Yes, LV has their issues, but every team does; and saying “oh well they have a worse record and injured players and such” isn’t an excuse for a victory or a defeat. The team is obviously playing different on offense, and felt more in sync outside of a few plays here and there. Some teams that should have won today lost, and some struggled against teams they shouldn’t struggled so much against. We didn’t have Leonard or Paye for a good chunk of the game today. LV won’t use that as an excuse why they lost. 

Let the team and Jeff enjoy this without throwing too much of a wet blanket on things. 

Im trying to temper the overhype like back after the jaguars win. 

Raiders we’re without Waller and Renfrow, which we all know what he’s capable of from last year. They also had a LB retire out of no where and a Starting DB go to IR when they already have one of the worse passing defense. Not to mention Bradley knowing Carr and the trickery of switching to Ryan. We won’t have those advantages going forward. 

Now the playcalling was better which is encouraging, the OL I think looked better than they actually are as the raiders had there first sack since week 7 I believe. We beat a bottom of league team but that’s a start. 

really. I'm still struggling as a longtime fan. I don't see this as a playoff team; not the way they've played and continue to shoot themselves in the foot in EVERY game. so many missed opportunities for points. And I don't like the idea of NOT figuring out if Sam can play.

with each win we get further away from a more permanent solution to the QB position. Frankly, I don't see Ballard being the guy who trades up in the first round to get one.

With ALL of that said. happy for the guys. And I LOVE the karma of piling on Josh McDaniels.

THAT. feels. good...

Just now, tvturner said:

The real test is next week against the Eagles

The Raiders are a bad club

I think everyone agrees that the Eagles will present a much bigger challenge. Nobody would dispute that, but after feeling like the universe was swallowing the Colts into a black hole to the twilight zone, I am beyond excited to see our boys come out prepared and energized. 

For me, the key is that I am actually excited to watch us play the Eagles… A week ago at this time, I don’t even think I would be looking forward to the game. Now, I’m just stoked to see what we can do. As far as I’m concerned, we are playing with house money at this point. Let’s go Colts!

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Players seemed more motivated today

A coach getting fired will do that for you.  That’s the normal for a team with a fired coach in season.  You see a short term burst but then they quickly get worse than they were before the coach got fired.  That’s going to be the challenge for Saturday, maintaining what we saw today.  

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

** If Irsay wants Saturday as the coach next year, who cares, but this team cannot afford to play itself out of a top 5 draft pick as we need a QB. 

Every Colts fan should realize this  :number1: and should not be pulling for a 6-win season or better. 

I hate it when my football team wins games too. What a cruddy feeling. 

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Apparently the 24 draft class is also going to be good. We do have Ryan next year. So if he finished the season strong might not be the worst thing if we aren’t in position for a QB. Maybe we actually are in position for a LT.

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I have been wondering this too. My guess is that he had already lost some of the locker room with playcalling. I believe he lost the locker room completely when he benched Matt. I’m guessing that the players saw that as no longer giving them a chance, so why bother trying. 

Obviously, I could be completely wrong. Regardless, I’m just happy to see our guys playing with heart again!

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Winning isn't bad

Top picks don't always pan out

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s a page out of the Dungy coaching book.  When the Colts gave up 375 rushing yards to the Jags in 06 he was asked what more he was going to do to fix it and he turned heads when he said they would do less.  He explained when you struggle like that you have to simplify things to keep guys from thinking too much.  I noticed during the game the announcers said they talked to Saturday and he said he simplified things because he wanted guys flying off the ball and not thinking too much.

Just now, CardiacColts said:

I have been wondering this too. My guess is that he had already lost some of the locker room with playcalling. I believe he lost the locker room completely when he benched Matt. I’m guessing that the players saw that as no longer giving them a chance, so why bother trying. 

Obviously, I could be completely wrong. Regardless, I’m just happy to see our guys playing with heart again!

Saturday I think instantly won that locker room by giving Ryan his job back.

6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Terrible post.   

6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

We were not top 5 prior to this win.. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Apparently the 24 draft class is also going to be good. We do have Ryan next year. So if he finished the season strong might not be the worst thing if we aren’t in position for a QB. Maybe we actually are in position for a LT.

The more I think about it I think getting a good olineman is the move in the draft this season.  This team doesn’t need to be blown up.  It needs the line to play better.  Ryan has shown he can still play when he’s protected.  So playing Ryan one more year and getting a QB in 24 isn’t the worst thing in the world.  I also say olineman because if Raimann pans out you might not need a LT.  You may need a RT or RG, possibly a center (although that wouldn’t be my first round pick).

4 minutes ago, CardiacColts said:

I think everyone agrees that the Eagles will present a much bigger challenge. Nobody would dispute that, but after feeling like the universe was swallowing the Colts into a black hole to the twilight zone, I am beyond excited to see our boys come out prepared and energized. 

For me, the key is that I am actually excited to watch us play the Eagles… A week ago at this time, I don’t even think I would be looking forward to the game. Now, I’m just stoked to see what we can do. As far as I’m concerned, we are playing with house money at this point. Let’s go Colts!

Just to clarify it wasn’t Frank that benched Ryan it was Irsay who forced that move, that’s known.
Not saying I didn’t agree with it because he was turning over the ball at an alarming rate. 

Archived