Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Colts at Raiders Postgame Thoughts (merge)

EastStreet

5 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I think we should seriously consider naming Parks Frazier OC, if only for this season.

I can be a Manager at Steak N’ Shake or a new hire at entry level on Wall Street. We know which one pays more typically. As long as he’s paid well, it’s just a title to me.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If i had one complaint today Saturday should of taken the extra point early and they would not of went for two late. Just take the points.  Don’t know if that was Saturdays call or parks though. Don’t go for two until you are forced to do it.

IIRC, had we made the 1st two point attempt, we would've led by 7 and that's probably why we went for it.

When they tried, it was for a 3 point lead vice 1.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Eh I get why though. Wouldn’t have matter though if we’d just made that FG

To be fair, they changed to Matt at warmups. 

My point being was, most people so confident we were going to lose thought Sam would start. You missed my point completely. I bet when Matt marched out there, they were like Mesmerizing Homer Simpson GIF

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I can be a Manager at Steak N’ Shake or a new hire at entry level on Wall Street. We know which one pays more typically. As long as he’s paid well, it’s just a title to me.

It would be a promotion, which would come with a raise in pay - it's only 1 game so far, but I'd  say he's earned it.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If i had one complaint today Saturday should of taken the extra point early and they would not of went for two late. Just take the points.  Don’t know if that was Saturdays call or parks though. Don’t go for two until you are forced to do it.

It ended up canceling out because the Raiders went for two and missed it too.  They only went for two because of the score due to the Colts missed two point try.  Either way you end up in the same spot on the second try they didn’t get.

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Links? 

ad for the record, Rapport is wrong just as much as he is right. That is a proven fact.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jim-irsay-hired-jeff-saturday-as-interim-head-coach-against-advice-from-colts-to

it’s in there, now if you want to believe a well respected reporter, or not because you don’t want it to be true That’s up to you. 

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What? Explain please. 

very good situation football, excellent timeout usage, he benchedd matt pryor, the field goal before half was great clock management. he was all around the sideline talking to coaches and players after plays. went up to 57 and asked him why he tripped the guy, he was holding people accountable. 

34 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Bad:  We won

Good:  We get back on track next week by getting blown out by the Eagles

** If Irsay wants Saturday as the coach next year, who cares, but this team cannot afford to play itself out of a top 5 draft pick as we need a QB. 

Every Colts fan should realize this  :number1: and should not be pulling for a 6-win season or better. 

I just hate that mentality of trying to lose as if it's something smart to do. It's an insult to the game to try to lose, especially when you haven't been eliminated. I think we just need to put together a package and move up to draft a quarterback for the future. Ryan looked more like himself today with the offensive line doing its job.

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You have a loser mentality.   Irsay doesn't

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Other than a couple ataboy nice wins over crappy teams, I really don't see how winning a couple meaningless games really matters here?

I mean I get that Jeff wants to win because he wants to be a coach but hiring him mid-season is just so stupid. We all know the story here. It's been same way for now 7 years.

Middle of the road talent, middle of the road coaching, and a GM who refuses to spend money on real talent or positions that really aid in winning gets us middle of the road record every year. I heard this the other day from some dude on twitter, and it is spot on.

"For the past 6 years the Colts have thought they could out draft and out develop players faster than the rest of the NFL. It has failed miserably!!" <This

What don't you get? 

You're quick to judge me or try to bait me with your smarminess when we beat a crap team. Big Whoop!! 

Am I happy for Jeff? Absolutely not!! This isn't about Jeff; this is about the future of this team. 

I have a middle of the road mentality as that is what this team is and has been for 7 years now. I'm over it. 

Keep your crap comments to yourself. 

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Other than a couple ataboy nice wins over crappy teams, I really don't see how winning a couple meaningless games really matters here?

I mean I get that Jeff wants to win because he wants to be a coach but hiring him mid-season is just so stupid. We all know the story here. It's been same way for now 7 years.

Middle of the road talent, middle of the road coaching, and a GM who refuses to spend money on real talent or positions that really aid in winning gets us middle of the road record every year. I heard this the other day from some dude on twitter, and it is spot on.

"For the past 6 years the Colts have thought they could out draft and out develop players faster than the rest of the NFL. It has failed miserably!!" <This

What don't you get? 

You're quick to judge me or try to bait me with your smarminess when we beat a crap team. Big Whoop!! 

Am I happy for Jeff? Absolutely not!! This isn't about Jeff; this is about the future of this team. 

I have a middle of the road mentality as that is what this team is and has been for 7 years now. I'm over it. 

if you root for your team to lose, you're a loser. it's just how it goes. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

very good situation football, excellent timeout usage, he benchedd matt pryor, the field goal before half was great clock management. he was all around the sideline talking to coaches and players after plays. went up to 57 and asked him why he tripped the guy, he was holding people accountable. 

I must have mis read what you intended. :thmup:

49 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Huh the media said Saturday hire was one of the most egregious things to ever happened in the NFL.

michael jordan laughing GIF

Yeah one win against a bad team, I think Saturday is HOF material.

lol this place is so loaded with knee-jerk reactions after a game. It's one game. If we'd lost people would be gnashing their teeth about how dumb Irsay was to hire Saturday. Sure nice to get the win, but let's see how things play out over the rest of the season. 

Mostly I'm just glad to see JT have a breakout game, this has to be a very frustrating year for him in a variety of ways.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you think Ballard can't work out a move up in the draft if necessary?

Anything is possible, I just don't trust him. Knowing Ballard, he will think he can draft a QB in the 4th - 6th and have the coaches coach him up to be Brady. Oh wait? Eason and Ellinger worked out well. I don't trust him

Just now, jonjon said:

lol this place is so loaded with knee-jerk reactions after a game. It's one game. If we'd lost people would be gnashing their teeth about how dumb Irsay was to hire Saturday. Sure nice to get the win, but let's see how things play out over the rest of the season. 

Mostly I'm just glad to see JT have a breakout game, this has to be a very frustrating year for him in a variety of ways.

Agree on Taylor. Was making good decisions out there and running with a purpose. Loved seeing that in him again.

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Anything is possible, I just don't trust him. Knowing Ballard, he will think he can draft a QB in the 4th - 6th and have the coaches coach him up to be Brady. Oh wait? Eason and Ellinger worked out well. I don't trust him

If Saturday does get this job I expect Saturday will be way more forceful with what he wants and needs then Reich.

8 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

even if we lost today, i still would've been happy with what I saw from Saturday 

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What? Explain please. 

I saw a different energy from the start, we scored a touchdown in the 1st Quarter and for the 1st time in about 12 games, we led at halftime.

43 minutes ago, tvturner said:

The real test is next week against the Eagles

The Raiders are a bad club

Partially true. I think the raiders are a lot like the colts…better than they play because of who is the coach. But time will tell if that was true with this Colts team. We beat Kansas..we can beat the Eagles too…that game pure and simple comes down to containing their QB

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Don’t want to get ahead of myself here so this is just me asking a question. I wonder if Saturday was hired permanent at end of season if Bradley stays as DC? Would he want his own guy? Frazier colts earn himself a OC job too.

It happens in workplaces too. A Johnny come lately waltzes in from Harvard hired to a management position with plenty of qualifications, it’s bound to make some non-management folks underneath the newbie nervous.

However if the newbie is respectful, hard working and works on earning the trust of the vets on the staff, most of them will give the newbie a chance. 

So it ultimately depends on Bradley and Bubba. I have a feeling they will be fine as professional coaches.

The main issue I see is with Ballard. If Saturday wants a particular defensive philosophy and insists on getting players of a certain kind that differs from Ballard’s approach, will Ballard play along or go down the route of “I’ve done this long enough, don’t need to justify things to a newbie” or will he work with Saturday? Like Reich, there’s plenty of stubbornness in Ballard too that might need to be weeded out.

Well, we’ll cross the bridge when we get there, no need to put the cart before the horse.

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It ended up canceling out because the Raiders went for two and missed it too.  They only went for two because of the score due to the Colts missed two point try.  Either way you end up in the same spot on the second try they didn’t get.

Maybe they should consider bringing in Ehlinger on two point trys?

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Partially true. I think the raiders are a lot like the colts…better than they play because of who is the coach. But time will tell if that was true with this Colts team. We beat Kansas..we can beat the Eagles too…that game pure and simple comes down to containing their QB

Agreed.  You can bet the Chiefs are not taking us lightly. 

7 minutes ago, jonjon said:

This place is also loaded with knee-jerk reactions after a loss and people that they think they know it all. Today proves otherwise. I really don't care how anyone down plays this win after what we went through all week with almost everyone throwing us under the bus. By the way hardly nobody gave us a chance to win today.

8 minutes ago, Indeee said:

What don't you get? 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

It happens in workplaces too. A Johnny come lately waltzes in from Harvard hired to a management position, it’s bound to make some non-management folks underneath the newbie nervous.

However if the newbie is respectful, hard working and works on earning the trust of the vets on the staff, most of them will give the newbie a chance. 

So it ultimately depends on Bradley and Bubba. I have a feeling they will be fine.

The main issue I see is with Ballard. If Saturday wants a particular defensive philosophy and insists on getting players of a certain kind that differs from Ballard’s approach, will Ballard play along or go down the route of “I’ve done this long enough, don’t need to justify things to a newbie” or will he work with Saturday? 

Well, we’ll cross the bridge when we get there, no need to put the cart before the horse.

I think Saturdays record these last games will determine what Ballard thinks. Can’t argue if they finish with a winning record. Maybe it opens his eyes too. Saturday I think will be more forceful with what he wants then Reich.

Archived