Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Colts at Raiders Postgame Thoughts (merge)

EastStreet

24 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How's that tanking narrative going? 

Josh McDaniels been a coach  for 20 plus years lost to a coach that had no coaching experience.     Your crazy tyraid looks pretty silly

I said nice win. Josh McDaniels is one bad HC though. I'll be surprised if he's not fired

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chad72 said:

It happens in workplaces too. A Johnny come lately waltzes in from Harvard hired to a management position, it’s bound to make some non-management folks underneath the newbie nervous.

However if the newbie is respectful, hard working and works on earning the trust of the vets on the staff, most of them will give the newbie a chance. 

So it ultimately depends on Bradley and Bubba. I have a feeling they will be fine.

The main issue I see is with Ballard. If Saturday wants a particular defensive philosophy and insists on getting players of a certain kind that differs from Ballard’s approach, will Ballard play along or go down the route of “I’ve done this long enough, don’t need to justify things to a newbie” or will he work with Saturday? 

Well, we’ll cross the bridge when we get there, no need to put the cart before the horse.

Saturday sure is a newbie to pro coaching…but I mean there is a dude who (despite the lack of coaching) made himself GREAT. Undrafted and not many souls (if any) gave the kid a chance to succeed in the game and ultimately became one of the very best. Why? Because of his work ethic. So I think that he has trust right off the bat to begin with because of what he accomplished…and the slight doubts of those around him will fade (in my opinion) once they truly see how much passion and dedication Saturday has for the game (regardless of what spot in the game he  is involved with).

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This place is also loaded with knee-jerk reactions after a loss and people that they think they know it all. Today proves otherwise. I really don't care how anyone down plays this win after what went through all week with almost everyone throwing us under the bus. By the way hardly nobody gave us a chance to win today.

Nobody threw us fans under the bus. We perceived it that way cuz the media gave our owner grief for a move. You all took it personally cuz you liked the move Irsay made. It’s that simple.

Just now, CR91 said:

I said nice win. Josh McDaniels is one bad HC though. I'll be surprised if he's not fired

But he has all that experience that Jeff doesn't have.    How in the world could could the Colts win?   McDaniels has so much experience.   While Jeff had none?

Just now, jvan1973 said:

But he has all that experience that Jeff doesn't have.    How in the world could could the Colts win?   McDaniels has so much experience.   While Jeff had none?

Football is a crazy sport. Makes no sense

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

Nobody threw us fans under the bus. We perceived it that way cuz the media gave our owner grief for a move. You all took it personally cuz you liked the move Irsay made. It’s that simple.

I liked Frank but knew it was time for a change. I had a gut feeling when Saturday took over he would start Matt, I nailed that one. I bet the people wanting us to tank crapped when they heard Matt was the starter Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I liked Frank but knew it was time for a change. I had a gut feeling when Saturday took over he would start Matt, I nailed that one. I bet the people wanting us to tank crapped when they heard Matt was the starter Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

Given Ryan’s play, I was hesitant. Good Matt is more than capable of winning. Bad Matt can one cry.

10 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Yeah one win against a bad team, I think Saturday is HOF material.

lol this place is so loaded with knee-jerk reactions after a game. It's one game. If we'd lost people would be gnashing their teeth about how dumb Irsay was to hire Saturday. Sure nice to get the win, but let's see how things play out over the rest of the season. 

Mostly I'm just glad to see JT have a breakout game, this has to be a very frustrating year for him in a variety of ways.

I’m on board with this 100%. 

Love the win!!

The adrenalin wears off and pep-talks get old. I hope we keep it up, but it’s going to have to be on the back of hard work and solid play

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I’m on board with this 100%. 

Love the win!!

The adrenalin wears off and pep-talks get old. I hope we keep it up, but it’s going to have to be on the back of hard work and solid play

We did plenty of things right and a few things wrong that if we’d come out with a close loss, a lot of us would/should still acknowledge there were plenty of positives to build upon.

Just now, CR91 said:

Let's keep things in perspective. It's still a bad team. Let's see how we do vs the eagles

No,  no.    You were confident that a team led by Saturday was a joke and had zero chance at success.    The offense performed better than it did all year.    So explain how a coach so inexperienced inspired the best performance of the season

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Let's keep things in perspective. It's still a bad team. Let's see how we do vs the eagles

Colts have played SEVERAL bad teams this year and had outcomes FAR WORSE than this one. Yup this is one game for the new head coach…but if you can’t see the difference between the Colts team on the field today and the colts team prior to todays game then I just don’t know what to say. 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

No,  no.    You were confident that a team led by Saturday was a joke and had zero chance at success.    The offense performed better than it did all year.    So explain how a coach so inexperienced inspired the best performance of the season

I can answer this very easily. Saturday allowed these coaches to just plain and simple “do their jobs”. Something Reich seemed unable to do because he was injecting himself nearly everywhere with the wrong moves. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I do give you kudos for not going into hibernation. :bossy:

I’d love to hibernate. You know sleep for a month or two and wake up just jazzed and refreshed ready to take on the world for an hour or two and then go back to sleep haha 

Just now, chad72 said:

We did plenty of things right and a few things wrong that if we’d come out with a close loss, a lot of us would/should still acknowledge there were plenty of positives to build upon.

Not disputing that. I liked what our offense did today. Loved JT!

Still think it’s too early for people to start handing out crow. The team has clear weaknesses. 

15 minutes ago, jonjon said:

lol this place is so loaded with knee-jerk reactions after a game. It's one game. If we'd lost people would be gnashing their teeth about how dumb Irsay was to hire Saturday. Sure nice to get the win, but let's see how things play out over the rest of the season. 

Mostly I'm just glad to see JT have a breakout game, this has to be a very frustrating year for him in a variety of ways.

It's just one win. We'll likely lose next week. But there were very clear positives from this week. 

If you want knee-jerk reactions though... Guys like Joe Thomas is the queen of knee-jerk reactions...

He was like watching MSNBC and hearing instead "Democracy will die", instead we heard how "The NFL will die because we hire an interim HC without experience"... 

Total drama from media.. Football is just a freaking game. And the position is interim, and for only 2 months... Nobody is disrespected. Nobody will die. 

But hey, we got a win. I'll enjoy it. 

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I told you football is a crazy sport. It makes no sense. Raiders are still a bad team. Tell you what, if we beat the eagles Ill eat all the crow you want

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Still think it’s too early for people to start handing out crow. The team has clear weaknesses. 

Every team has. At best the ceiling of expectations coming into this season was a division winner and for some like me, it varied from playoff appearance by the skin of our teeth to making divisional round. Right now the ceiling is still a #7 seed, IMO

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Obviously we could/should lose next week because we only play the 8-0 Eagles but if we win against the lesser teams and somehow can get to 9-7-1, we may get in. We may beat Philly, who knows? We beat KC lmao 

5 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I thought Irsay said he wasn’t playing anymore football for the Colts.

That was “reported” reports can be wrong.  Let’s also remember two things changed since then two.  1.  They fired the head coach.  2.  He saw how bad the team was with Sam, I think Irsay realized it wasn’t the QB that was the problem.

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

NFL Research: Josh McDaniels started his head-coaching career 6-0. His record since then is 7-24.

that’s just sad. Dude is not cut out to be a head coach…man I’m glad he ditched the Colts last minute.

Yes.  Frank had his flaws but he can coach circles around McBackout.

25 minutes ago, jonjon said:

idc the way the media was acting all week  like the Colts committed a crime hiring an interm coach. Instead of being uptight like yourself I'm going to enjoy this win lol.

Archived