Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dezmon Patmon Cut

1959Colts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? But we were just starting to see his wealth of potential! How could we possibly cut a guy from this dynamic receiving corps that Ballard and Reich love so much? Just a few more years of development and I am certain he will become a major producer right?:goodluck::lol::Cry:

14 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

What's the reason they didn't sign a proven producer at WR again? Because they like the young guys? 

Sure to disappoint a lot folks here that think TC and preseason darlings, are going to translate it to an actual regular season. You were warned!

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

9 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

What's the reason they didn't sign a proven producer at WR again? Because they like the young guys? 

I know that in the swirling dynamic of roster realities during a season, what I'm about to say is hyperbole.  but...

The young likeable WR just got cut for a mediocre kicker to boot.

9 minutes ago, philba101 said:

This will really open up opportunities for Campbell, Strachan, and Dulin. I expect a blow-up game from one of those three in Denver this week. Who needs production when you have this much potential?

How does cutting WR6 open up opportunities for WRs 3, 4, and 5?

WR6 typically doesn’t even dress for a game.    Sometimes they do,  but not every week. 

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

WR6 typically doesn’t even dress for a game.    Sometimes they do,  but not every week. 

I was being sarcastic....thus my comment about potential.... and the posts above that.

27 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The sarcasm flew over your head.

Edit...I see he answered you.

I think Patmon was cut over Tenuta because club felt Dez not as likely to be claimed (I dont think either would have but their feelers may have felt differently). Think the short week is what saved McLaughlin,not enough to time to bring in kickers again. With a long week after this game expect more to come in and try out if he struggles once more. May even see Patmon go from PS to active roster again at that point with new kicker to p.s for 3 weeks like Chase did. If Patmon get claimed would likely be Coutee to active roster.

What’s weird is they kept raving about how much they liked the receiving core but Patmon was always inactive on game day. Not sure what they see in Strachan. He really isn’t any different from any of the receivers we have. I would love for us to add a Chester Rodgers type of player. Is Coutee still on our PS?

3 hours ago, coming on strong said:

pittman is probably gone now after his rookie contract .  i know patmon was his best friend there is really nothing else holding him here . the team cant win games and has no QB

Call me skeptical but I am willing to bet you in no way shape or form have a relationship with Pittman to know any of this as fact.

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Nah, the number of targets was a matter of circumstance.  Frank doesn't throw the ball or read the coverages. 

bah ha ha... rolling dude... 

Who chose the personnel to play. Who called the route combos / plays....

hilarious. 

In all seriousness... Mixed thoughts, and confusion (I'm sure I know lol)...

• Hope he makes to PS. I could see him getting picked up. Even by Philly. If he survives in Indy (to the PS), perhaps the new coach will use lol. 
  • Great measurables, but was never a "my ball" guy, to match his size. Even his CFB coach said same. 
  • We never used to his strengths. Tried to make into a "multiples" WR, that could play all positions, and do mostly possession stuff (was never his game in CFB). Would have liked seen in intermediate and deep slants. And posts and corners. 
  • Confusion (not really) - so he is made a focus (50%ish snaps) in G2, and given early reads over others. And then cut two weeks later. My favorite was running clear outs (not the guy you running clear outs to burn the top off). 
  • I'd cut Johnson or Banogu over Patmon. But won't lose sleep. Johnson would make it to PS. And he's been horrible. 

4 hours ago, coming on strong said:

pittman is probably gone now after his rookie contract .  i know patmon was his best friend there is really nothing else holding him here . the team cant win games and has no QB

I said the same thing. If we do change GM ect they are going to want to see him play first. Will he demand a new contract next offseason? Maybe ask for a trade. If Ballard is still here he will stay.  Makes me sad to think about. His yards aren’t great yet through four games either I don’t believe. Have to double check that.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I said the same thing. If we do change GM ect they are going to want to see him play first. Will he demand a new contract next offseason? Maybe ask for a trade. If Ballard is still here he will stay.  Makes me sad to think about. His yards aren’t great yet through four games either I don’t believe. Have to double check that.

Take that back about his yards. I forgot he missed a game and he is still on track to be close to 1k.

4 hours ago, coming on strong said:

Pittman is business regardless of his nice guy demeanor. Doubt this impacts him so we are willing to pay. 

We can't win with HC... 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

bah ha ha... rolling dude... 

Who chose the personnel to play. Who called the route combos / plays....

hilarious. 

I'm sure the guy who's busy looking at the playbook and talking to the booth wouldn't choose the specific players on any given play.  Just like Rathman chose the RBs, its probably Marcus Brady with the receivers.  

Who reads the coverages and throws the ball?  The entire NFL world blames the QB for throwing interceptions.  They don't blame the HC for targeting the DB.   They don't look at target stats after a game and credit the targets to the guy who called the play from the sidelines....before the coverages were revealed by the defense.   Only you do that.

Did Ryan ever get flushed from the pocket or moved off his spot and happen to throw the ball to the side where Patmon was the best option?  

And even though Patmon is listed as Pierce's backup and Dulin as Pitt's, it doesn't mean that Patmon wasn't switched to X as a game day decision (by Brady or Frank) or at some point during the game.  Zs don't usually get the most targets with Frank, per you, 

Its more likely that you don't know what you're talking about with how Patmon was being used than Frank deciding to change his stripes for one game and targeting the Z more than the X.

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'm sure the guy who's busy looking at the playbook and talking to the booth wouldn't choose the specific players on any given play.  Just like Rathman chose the RBs, its probably Marcus Brady with the receivers.  

Who reads the coverages and throws the ball?  The entire NFL world blames the QB for throwing interceptions.  They don't blame the HC for targeting the DB.   They don't look at target stats after a game and credit the targets to the guy who called the play from the sidelines....before the coverages were revealed by the defense.   Only you do that.

Did Ryan ever get flushed from the pocket or moved off his spot and happen to throw the ball to the side where Patmon was the best option?  

And even though Patmon is listed as Pierce's backup and Dulin as Pitt's, it doesn't mean that Patmon wasn't switched to X as a game day decision (by Brady or Frank) or at some point during the game.  Zs don't usually get the most targets with Frank, per you, 

Its more likely that you don't know what you're talking about with how Patmon was being used than Frank deciding to change his stripes for one game and targeting the Z more than the X.

Reich is awesome!

200.gif

Archived